Skiers and snowboarders alike rely heavily on their goggles. Whether on the slopes during a sunny day or cruising through the backcountry under an overcast sky, a high-quality pair of goggles will help keep you safe and comfortable.
The top goggles on the market will have a quick lens-changing system so that you can adjust the lens colors and visible light transmission, but they'll come with a high price tag.
Everything we recommend
We've included the best ski goggles for those who want top-of-the-line performance, as well as budget options for beginners and people who aren't looking to make a huge investment.
Click here for more information on the best types of sunglasses for your face shape.
Here are the best ski goggles of 2023:
These ski goggles offer a wide field of view and sharp optics. You can also add quick and easy lens-change tech to the goggles to adjust to different conditions. The ChromaPop™ technology also helps you see more clearly and accurately.
- 25% increase in field of view from Smith I/O Mag model
- ChromaPop lenses increase contrast and natural color to increase detailed vision
- Easy to change lenses to adjust for low light conditions
- Three-layer DriWix face foam wicks moisture for a fog-free fit
- AirEvac integration technology to reduce fogging
- Ultra-wide, silicone-backed strap
- Smith MAG interchangeable lenses
- Medium fit, offering great peripheral vision
- Quickfit strap adjust system
- Helmet compatible
These goggles combine Smith MAG interchangeable lens system with ChromaPop lens technology. With the MAG system, you get the convenience of an interchangeable magnetic lens system with the security of a quick lock detachment.
- SMITH MAG magnetic lens system helps swap out lenses quick and easy
- Crystal clear vision no matter the weather
- Excellent ventilation
- All-day comfort
- Women’s medium fit
- Responsive Fit™ frame allows adjusting to face contours
- QuickFit strap adjustment system with clip buckle
- Ultra-wide silicone backed strap
- DriWix triple layer foam
These ski goggles have a frameless design that can open your field of view. It offers a wide range of vision and is equipped with Prizm lenses that can boost your sight.
- Prizm technology gives you clear vision without fogging
- Compatible with most prescription eyewear
- 100% harmful blue light and VA, UVB, and UVC filtering
- Anti-scratch lenses, great face protection
- Good field of vision
- Even though the lenses provide excellent contrast, you still may want to change lenses in low light conditions, which requires an extra purchase
- Prizm lens technology adjusts to lighting conditions automatically
- Optically correct rimless/frameless lens design
- F3 anti-fog venting system
- Interchangeable lens system
These ski goggles are designed to fit snugly over your prescription glasses, providing a secure and comfortable fit. They allow you to see clearly and safely while skiing or snowboarding.
- Floating foam membrane eliminates eyeglass temple pressure
- Great price point
- Comfortable for all-day use
- A little bulky
- Variable lens performance
- Not as great for night or flat light
- Extended use may cause fogging
- Cylindrical lens shape
- 2-layer DriWix face foam
- Adjustable lens ventilation
With Aurora lens technology, these ski goggles provide undistorted maximum visibility and 100% UV protection. These goggles are also equipped with premium anti-fog and anti-scratch coating for excellent performance.
- Very strong poly-carbonate lenses that are shatterproof
- Anti-fog coating works well
- Swapping lenses is simple (less than 60 seconds)
- Adjustable strap works with most helmets
- Lenses are virtually indestructible but scratch relatively easily
- Doesn't fit over all eyeglasses
- Quick magnetic lens change system
- 100% UV protection
- Wide view panoramic lens
These ski goggles are great for those on a budget. It features a sleek design, a shock-absorbing Eps core, and 14 vents for next-level ventilation. You can also choose from 15+ different color options.
- Comfortable fit
- Several lens options
- Highly adjustable (fits children to adults)
- Fit over glasses
- Fogging occurs on lifts and slow movement
- Not fully spherical lenses, so there is some limited visibility
- Can't change goggle lenses
- OTG design
- 100% UV400 protection
- Universal helmet compatibility
Snowboarding goggles require slightly different features. These goggles are equipped with LumaLens technology, designed to provide maximum visibility in all light conditions.
- High-contrast lenses provide excellent invisibility
- Great anti-fogging technology (Unidirectional Airflow System)
- Fast lens-changing technology
- Excellent scratch-resistance
- The lens hinge has been known to be touchy
- Don't fit over glasses and can run a little small
- Swift lock lens change system
- 100% UV optically correct lens
- Super anti-fog Coating
- Triple-layer face foam with hypoallergenic microfleece lining
These goggles are another great option for those who want to protect their eyes from the sun and other elements while skiing. The precise helmet-to-goggle fit ensures that the goggles stay in place while outdoors.
- Can switch to toric lenses or cylindrical lenses
- Amazing lens swap system
- Attachable magnetic face mask
- Magna-Tech Quick Lens Change Technology
- MFI Technology (Magnetic Facemask Integration)
- SONAR Lens by ZEISS
- Full Perimeter Channel Venting
Best Places to Buy Glasses
Warby Parker has stylish, high-quality frames at affordable prices.
Liingo Eyewear is another great option to buy glasses online.
Best on a Budget
EyeBuyDirect has a wide variety of budget frames starting at $6.
Best Places to Buy Contacts
1-800 Contacts is our #1 recommendation to buy contacts online.
GlassesUSA has a huge selection of contacts, glasses, & sunglasses.