Best LASIK Surgeon In Milwaukee, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 110 LASIK Surgeons in Milwaukee, WI, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6384 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Milwaukee.
Wheaton Eye Clinic
2015 N Main St, Wheaton, IL 60187
The lasik surgeon practice has received positive feedback from patients who have praised the helpfulness and professionalism of the doctors and staff. Patients have appreciated the thoroughness of their treatments and how they have been put at ease, while the wait times have been reasonable. The practice has also been commended for its organized operation and efficient use of technology.
- Highly knowledgeable and competent doctors who are thorough and professional in their examinations and explain test results concisely, answering any questions.
- Friendly and efficient staff who run the office environment well, making appointments seamless and ensuring quality care.
- Excellent post-operative care following procedures, as well as accessibility and flexibility with scheduling appointments to accommodate patients.
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240 A, Brookfield, WI 53005
The lasik surgeon practice has garnered a large number of positive reviews from happy customers. Patients have noted that the staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful throughout the entire lasik procedure process. They have also found the lasik surgery easy, quick, and painless, with vision improving to 20/15 or 20/20 from legally blind or high prescriptions. Many have also praised the doctor's and the staff's bedside manner, which made them feel comfortable and confident throughout the procedure. The practice has been known to offer affordable pricing and fair payment plans to accommodate those seeking to fix their vision. Overall, the practice has received high recommendations, and many have expressed gratitude for the life-changing results.
- Highly knowledgeable and polite staff who make the whole process easy and comfortable
- Quick and painless procedure with immediate vision improvement
- Excellent customer service and accommodating staff to cater to individual needs and concerns
Wheaton Eye Clinic LTD
604 Raymond Dr, Naperville, IL 60563
Multiple positive reviews have praised Wheaton Eye Clinic's staff and physicians for their professionalism, efficiency, and knowledge. Patients have had great experiences with doctors such as Dr. Michelson and Dr. Williams, and appreciate how they take the time to explain procedures and test results. The clinic is highly recommended for comprehensive eye care, and several patients commend the staff for their kindness and compassion. Overall, patients have had quality experiences with Wheaton Eye Clinic and feel that it is a reliable choice for eye care needs.
- Courteous, professional, and efficient staff
- Knowledgeable and experienced doctors who provide excellent care
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology used for high-quality evaluations and procedures
TLC Laser Eye Centers
20350 Water Tower Blvd, Brookfield, WI 53045
Patients who had Lasik surgery at this surgeon's practice are overwhelmingly positive about their experiences. They are pleased with the professionalism, warmth, and knowledge of the entire staff. Their vision is often better than they hoped for, with 20/20 and even 20/15 outcomes being common; they appreciate the lifetime touch up offer made by the practice. Many former glasses or contacts wearers are extremely grateful for their newfound freedom from these visual aids, and some regret not having taken the plunge earlier. Some describe being nervous before the procedure, but are able to recover quickly and have minimal or no discomfort after surgery.
- Highly knowledgeable and caring staff who make patients feel comfortable and well taken care of throughout the entire process. Patients are walked through every step of the procedure and kept informed about what to expect.
- Quick and easy procedure that takes less than 10 minutes per eye. Patients report significant improvement in their vision immediately after the procedure, with some achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision.
- Lifetime touch-ups and payment options are available for patients, which allows them to customize their treatment plan and ensure that they have the best possible outcome. Patients report that the procedure is affordable, even when compared to the cost of glasses or contacts over time.
Deen-Gross Eye Centers
303 W 89th Ave # E4, Merrillville, IN 46410
Dr. David Gross and his staff are highly recommended by reviewers. Patients are grateful for his caring and thorough nature, especially regarding surgical procedures like LASIK and cataract surgery. The staff is also praised for being friendly and professional. However, some reviews mention long wait times and scheduling issues. Overall, Dr. Gross is described as an excellent ophthalmologist who provides top-notch care to his patients.
- Dr. Gross and his team are highly skilled and professional, with excellent clinical prowess and patient care.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, with a particular mention of Sandra who provides top-notch customer service.
- Numerous patients have reported successful cataract and LASIK surgeries, with some even describing life-changing experiences. Additionally, Dr. Gross is praised for his caring attitude and attention to patient needs.
John D Suson, MD
925 N 87th St, Milwaukee, WI 53226
Patients rave about Dr. Suson and his staff's attentiveness, professionalism, and ability to calm nerves. Patients often achieve 20/20 vision or even 20/15 vision after their Lasik/PRK surgery and experience life-changing results. Patients are also appreciative of the thoroughness of the pre-procedure appointments and how the team walks them through every step of the process.
- Dr. Suson and his staff provide excellent communication, making patients feel calm and informed throughout the LASIK process.
- The LASIK procedure is done at a modern and clean facility, and patients experience minimal surprises or additional costs.
- Dr. Suson has many years of experience with LASIK and other eye surgeries, and patients report excellent results and improved vision.
LasikPlus: Dr. Ronald Allen
15455 W Bluemound Rd Suite 240, Brookfield, WI 53005
Patients have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with the LasikPlus practice. The staff are friendly, professional, and attentive to patients' needs and concerns, making the process easy. Patients have praised Dr. Allen for his expertise and bedside manner during the procedure, which takes only a few minutes but is life-changing. Many patients have noticed improved vision the very next day, and feel like they've found the right team for their Lasik surgery.
- Efficient process- the LasikPlus team provides a seamless process from the initial consultation to the procedure and post-op care. They have also streamlined their presentation of material to make it easy and fast.
- Professional medical staff- Dr. Allen and his team are friendly, knowledgeable, and provide excellent bedside manners. They make sure that the patients are comfortable and informed about the procedure and what to expect.
- Life-changing results- LasikPlus provides high-quality results that are life-changing and worth the investment. Many reviewers appreciate the fact that they no longer need glasses or contact lenses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article