Best Eye Doctors In Green Bay, WI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Green Bay Optometrists in Green Bay, Green Bay, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Green Bay reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Green Bay.
Tower Clock Eye Center
1087 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Current Specials: FREE consultation
Patients highlight the expertise of doctors and staff at Tower Clock Eye Center, mentioning thorough and compassionate attention from Drs. Servi, Tyson Schwiesow, Matthew Thompson, and Kurt Schwiesow. The clinic receives praise for professionalism, caring approach, and efficient service. Many patients appreciate successful procedures like cataract surgery and LASIK, and the resulting vision improvement.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly, creating a positive experience for the patients.
- Excellent surgical outcomes: Several reviews highlight successful cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures, praising the doctors for their skill and expertise in delivering improved vision to patients.
- Professional and caring environment: Reviewers appreciate the professionalism and care provided by the eye center, from the initial consultation to follow-up appointments, making them feel valued and well taken care of.
Matthew Joseph Thompson, M.D.
1087 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
Dr. Thompson and the staff at Tower Clock Eye Center are renowned for their expertise, professionalism, and caring approach. The majority of patients have positive experiences and good outcomes with procedures like cataract surgery and LASIK. While some mention longer waits and communication issues, most reviewers strongly recommend their services.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at the eye care center, including the nurses and receptionists, were friendly and made patients feel at ease.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctor: Dr. Thompson was described as friendly, compassionate, and informative. He took the time to answer questions and explain procedures in a way that patients could understand.
- Efficient and successful surgeries: Several reviewers reported positive experiences with cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures, noting that the surgeries went well and they were happy with the results. Recovery was smooth and improved vision was achieved.
Eye & Vision Clinics, S.C.
301 N Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115
The eye care center provides excellent care. Doctors and friendly, knowledgeable staff take time to explain procedures and answer questions, creating a professional yet welcoming environment. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and ability to find the optimal prescription. Overall, customers highly recommend this center for the quality service and care provided.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for providing detailed and comprehensive eye exams. The doctors were knowledgeable, patient, and took the time to explain the results and answer any questions.
- Friendly and professional staff: Several reviews mentioned the friendly and welcoming staff at the eye care center. They were described as kind, helpful, and went above and beyond to ensure a pleasant experience. The front desk receptionists were particularly praised for their friendliness and assistance.
- High-quality service: Reviewers appreciated the high-quality service provided by the eye care center. They mentioned that the equipment used for the eye exams seemed up-to-date, and the overall experience was professional and thorough. The clinic was also praised for being clean and providing a quiet and comfortable environment.
Doctors of Optometry – Bay Park Square
303 Bay Park Square #976, Green Bay, WI 54304
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their helpful, efficient, and professional staff and doctors. Patients comment on Dr. Hanseter’s thoughtful and educational eye exams. A couple negative reviews cite discontinued in-house lens manufacturing and incorrect prescriptions necessitating extra visits.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this eye care center. They are described as attentive, personable, and informative.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: The eye exams at this location are praised for being thorough, with the doctors explaining each step and results in detail. There are also mentions of high-tech equipment being used during the exams.
- Excellent frame and lens selection: Reviewers appreciate the wide selection of frames and lenses available at this eye care center. They mention helpful staff in finding the perfect frames and transparent pricing and options for lenses.
2621 S Oneida St, Green Bay, WI 54304
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for thorough, professional exams and knowledgeable, friendly doctors. However, some patients reported pushy sales tactics, delays receiving contact lens trials, and issues ordering glasses, indicating inconsistent service quality between staff members.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this eye care center are thorough and detailed, with the doctors taking their time to explain everything in detail and answer any questions.
- Polite and helpful staff: Many reviewers appreciate the polite and helpful staff at this eye care center. From the receptionist to the opticians, the staff members are described as courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. They assist with frame selection, answer any questions, and provide assistance throughout the process.
303 Bay Park Square #976, Green Bay, WI 54304
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for thorough exams and helpful staff. However, some customers report rude service and prescription errors. In general, they provide quality eye care despite these isolated complaints.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Multiple reviews mention receiving thorough eye exams and spending a good amount of time with the optometrist or staff, ensuring that all questions and concerns were addressed.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviewers highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, mentioning specific names of employees who provided excellent customer service and made their experience pleasant.
- Good frame selection and cleanliness protocols: One review mentions a good frame selection and excellent cleanliness protocols followed by the employees, ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for eye care services.
2158 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54303
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their knowledgeable, friendly staff and informative eye exams. Customers appreciate the assistance in selecting affordable frames suited to their needs, though one customer reported an unsatisfactory experience and went elsewhere for safety glasses. Overall, the center seems to offer a positive, budget-friendly experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide excellent customer service.
- Comprehensive and informative eye exams.
- Wide selection of frames and helpful suggestions for finding the perfect fit.
Midline Vision Clinics SC
1001 Cormier Rd, Green Bay, WI 54304
Dr. Goetsch receives acclaim for his expertise and attentive care. His staff’s professionalism and patience also earn recognition. Despite a small prescription delay, their efficiency and quality rank highly.
- Dr. Goetsch is experienced, kind, and provides thorough eye exams.
- The staff at the optical center is patient, helpful, and provides good service.
- The clinic has friendly and professional staff, with no pressure to buy glasses immediately.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Wisconsin
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.64% of people aged 40-64 and 5.39% of people aged 65+ in Wisconsin were blind or had difficulty seeing. in Wisconsin, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Wisconsin
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Wisconsin.
- The The percentage of people in Wisconsin that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.22%. and The percentage of people in Wisconsin who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.17 percentage points in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Wisconsin
- In Wisconsin, 3.46% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Wisconsin
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.07% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.64% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Wisconsin face even higher rates at 5.39%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Wisconsin
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Wisconsin.
- 7.68% of those with diabetes and 6.63% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Wisconsin
- Early vision care is crucial, with 70.21% of children in Wisconsin having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.56% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Wisconsin
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.46% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Wisconsin.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.