Best Eye Doctors In Clarksburg, WV
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Clarksburg Optometrists in Clarksburg, Clarksburg, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Clarksburg reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Clarksburg.
536 Emily Dr, Clarksburg, WV 26301
Eyemart Express is lauded for their fantastic staff, vast selection, affordable prices, and speedy service. Customers appreciate the knowledgeable and helpful staff’s excellent customer service. However, some reviews cite issues with a doctor’s lack of introduction and insurance misunderstandings. Still, Eyemart Express is recommended overall for quality eyewear and service.
- Fast service: Multiple reviews mention that Eyemart Express provides quick turnaround times for both eye exams and getting glasses made. Some even mention receiving their glasses in as little as one hour or two hours.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Reviewers appreciate the helpful and patient staff at Eyemart Express. They mention that the staff takes the time to listen to their concerns, explain options, and provide personalized attention.
- Affordable prices: Many reviewers mention that Eyemart Express offers reasonable prices for their glasses and lenses, making it an affordable option for eye care.
Fick Eyecare, INC.
536 Emily Dr B, Clarksburg, WV 26301
This eye care center garnered primarily positive feedback, with patients commending the amiable staff and skillful optometrists. Specific doctors were praised for attentive eye exams and clear communication of results, as well as talent for putting patients at ease. However, a couple reviews cited issues with billing procedures and extensive wait times. In general, most customers had an excellent experience and enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Quick appointments: Many reviewers mentioned that they were able to get appointments quickly, indicating good availability and efficient scheduling.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, with specific mentions of the optometrists, Dr. Fick and Dr. Umble. The staff was praised for providing thorough explanations during the eye exams and making patients feel comfortable.
- Efficient processes: Several reviews highlighted the efficiency of the office, from the ease of scheduling appointments online to the quick turnaround time for getting glasses. The staff was described as organized and knowledgeable, providing a smooth and pain-free experience.
Precision Eye Care (Drs. Murray, Groves & Barnes)
107 Doctors Dr, Bridgeport, WV 26330
The reviews for this eye care center are overwhelmingly favorable. Patients comment on the warm, friendly staff and thorough, informative exams by the doctors. Most reviews strongly recommend this center for its excellent, attentive service paired with a great atmosphere for the customers.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, personable, and helpful. This creates a welcoming environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their thoroughness and expertise. They take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, ensuring that patients feel well-informed and cared for.
- Attractive frame selection and prompt service: Reviewers appreciate the selection of frames available at the center and the quick response to scheduling needs. This shows that the eye care center values the convenience and satisfaction of their patients.
550 Emily Dr, Clarksburg, WV 26301
Dr. Gates provides attentive and thorough eye care. Patients report his polite, kind manner and appreciate his team’s professionalism and friendliness. Many have switched to Dr. Gates and praise the comprehensive eye exams, time taken to address all questions, and quick identification of any issues requiring care.
- Dr. Gates and his team are polite, friendly, and helpful, providing excellent customer service.
- Dr. Gates is thorough in his eye exams and addresses all questions and concerns with a solid medical explanation.
- The staff at the eye care center are professional, welcoming, and provide great customer service.
Emerson T Que, MD
1370 Johnson Ave Suite 200, Bridgeport, WV 26330
Dr. Emerson Que is highly regarded for his surgical skill and patient care during cataract procedures. His staff earns appreciation for creating a welcoming atmosphere. Patients recommend Dr. Que and his team as exceptionally talented and compassionate eye care providers.
- Dr. Emerson Que is highly competent and takes the time to explain issues and procedures to his patients, making them feel comfortable and at ease.
- The staff at the eye care center is friendly, professional, and provides excellent hospitality and service.
- Dr. Que and his staff make sure to address any questions and concerns, ensuring patients feel informed and well taken care of throughout the entire process.
405 Locust Ave, Fairmont, WV 26554
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its knowledgeable and caring staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and comprehensive eye exams. A few customers experienced issues ordering glasses or felt a lack of transparency. However, most reviewers recommend this center to meet vision needs.
- Knowledgeable and thorough with advanced equipment: According to one review, the eye care center is praised for their knowledgeable and thorough eye exams, as well as having the most advanced equipment.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Numerous reviews mention the friendly and welcoming staff, from the receptionists to the optometry technicians. Patients felt comfortable and valued throughout their visit.
- Great selection of frames and lenses: Several reviews highlight positive experiences when selecting frames and lenses. Staff members took the time to help patients find the perfect fit and style for their preferences.
Regional Eye Associates
220 S View Dr, Bridgeport, WV 26330
Regional Eye Associates earns high marks for their friendly, professional staff and thorough eye exams. Drs. Wood and Gamponia impress patients with their expertise, clear communication, and attentive care. The clean, accommodating facility and efficient, respectful service also draw praise. However, some cite issues with rude receptionists and insurance claims.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that every person they interacted with was friendly and professional, creating a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Numerous reviews highlight the expertise and thoroughness of the doctors, specifically mentioning Dr. Wood and Dr. Gamponia. Patients appreciate their ability to explain procedures and concerns clearly, ensuring peace of mind.
- Accommodating and courteous service: Patients express gratitude for the accommodating and courteous service they received at Regional Eye Associates. They mention short wait times, flexibility in scheduling, and helpfulness towards patients with specific needs or additional assistance.
Vision Health Care Inc.
405 Locust Ave, Fairmont, WV 26554
Vision Health Care provides friendly service and comprehensive eye exams. Dr. Van Horn is skilled with children. Appointments run on time. Out-of-pocket costs are higher than some alternatives. Patients recommend Vision Health Care for meeting all eye care needs.
- Friendly and thorough staff: The staff at this eye care center is praised for being friendly and thorough during exams, making the experience inviting for both adults and children.
- Wide selection of frames: Vision Health Care offers a nice selection of frames from popular brands like Ralph Lauren, Nickoledon, and Nike, providing options for different preferences.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that the center runs on schedule, with short waiting times and quick appointments, resulting in a pleasant and efficient experience.
Clarksburg Eye Center
211 S Chestnut St, Clarksburg, WV 26301
Dr. Que’s expertise in cataract surgery produces excellent results. His professionalism and bedside manner establish trust. Multiple patients report improved vision and satisfaction. His knowledgeable staff offers friendly, helpful service. Patients recommend Dr. Que for his compassionate eye care.
- Highly recommended by multiple patients - Dr. Que has received high praise from multiple patients who have had cataract surgery and other eye care procedures. They specifically mention his skills, ability to put patients at ease, and excellent results.
- Knowledgeable and thorough - Dr. Que takes the time to explain procedures and risks, and he makes sure to answer any questions his patients may have. This level of care and attention is highly valued by patients seeking eye care.
- Friendly and caring staff - The staff at Clarksburg Eye Center are described as friendly, helpful, and creating a comfortable environment for patients. This positive atmosphere contributes to a positive overall experience.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in West Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, West Virginia had a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older who were blind or had difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in West Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in West Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in West Virginia.
- The In West Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (16.8%) compared to the overall population (9.03%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 7.77%. and In West Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (13.9%) compared to the overall population (9.03%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in West Virginia
- In West Virginia, 9.03% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in West Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 10.5% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in West Virginia face even higher rates at 12.4%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in West Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in West Virginia.
- 16.8% of those with diabetes and 13.9% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in West Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.42% of children in West Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.53% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in West Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 9.03% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in West Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.