Best LASIK Surgeon In Vancouver, WA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Vancouver LASIK Surgeons in Vancouver, Vancouver, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Vancouver reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Vancouver.
NVISION Eye Centers - Tigard
7000 SW Redwood Ln, Tigard, OR 97224
Nvision Eye Center, Teplick Custom Vision, and Dr. Madsen come highly recommended for lasik surgery by patients citing prompt response, clear instruction, friendly staff, and excellent results. The surgery itself is depicted as life-changing, fast, and painless. While scheduling and communication for follow-ups posed some difficulties, patients felt cared for and recommend these surgeons.
- Prompt and professional response to inquiries and scheduling of consultations and procedures.
- Excellent care and precise instructions on pre and post-surgery care, with considerate, careful, and honest staff.
- Good results in achieving better than 20/20 or 20/15 vision, with knowledge and expertise of the doctors and staff and smooth and painless procedures.
King LASIK - Portland North
17600 NE Delfel Rd, Vancouver, WA 98642
Patients consistently recommend King Lasik for their quick, easy, and relatively painless procedures that deliver clear, glasses-free vision. Patients describe the staff as friendly experts who provide exceptional guidance and support throughout the entire process. Many patients say they would enthusiastically recommend King Lasik to those seeking this transformative procedure.
- The staff is amazing and provides a comforting and reassuring environment, making the process quick and easy.
- The procedure is painless and takes less than an hour. Many reviewers have seen immediate improvement in their vision, some even at 20/10 or 20/15.
- The practice is very professional and knowledgeable, with a highly caring and attentive staff. Many patients who were nervous going into the appointment have reported feeling comfortable and cared for every step of the way.
Northwest Eye Laser & Surgery Institute | Lasik Portland | Eye Surgery Salem | Lasik Hillsboro | Eye Surgery Vancouver
11786 SW Barnes Rd #270, Portland, OR 97225
This lasik surgeon provides professional, empathetic care with knowledgeable staff. Patients praise the doctor's friendly manner, thorough exams, efficient procedures, and transparent communication. The Smile technique draws raves for quick, excellent results. Though isolated complaints occurred, most experiences are positive, cementing the practice's strong reputation. Patients consider this office highly recommendable.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who are welcoming and friendly
- Thorough examinations and clear communication with patients
- Excellent surgical procedures with smooth recoveries and attentive post-operative care
Crews LASIK & Cataract Center
12306 SE Mill Plain Blvd STE 100, Vancouver, WA 98684
Patients consistently praise the friendly staff and surgical expertise of Dr. Stanley Crews. Many mention clear vision without glasses after years of impairment. A few cite rude staff or temporary blurred vision, but most recommend this practice for LASIK needs.
- Outstanding and knowledgeable doctors, with over 30 years of surgical experience, who explain surgical procedures and diagnoses in great detail to patients
- Friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel like family and are always willing to answer any questions or concerns
- Comfortable, quick, and virtually painless surgeries that result in excellent outcomes, with patients reporting clear 20/20 vision and the ability to read without glasses for the first time in years
Will Vision & Laser Center
8100 NE Parkway Dr #125, Vancouver, WA 98662
Patients speak highly of Dr. Will and his attentive, informative staff at Will Vision and Laser Center. The Lasik procedure is often described as comfortable and anxiety-free, with excellent visual outcomes. Many patients achieve better than 20/20 vision post-surgery. Overall, patients report a life-changing, positive experience and recommend this practice to those considering Lasik.
- Highly professional and friendly staff who made patients feel comfortable, informed, and cared for throughout the entire process.
- Cutting-edge technology and professional expertise that results in painless, smooth, and quick procedures with better-than-expected outcomes.
- Affordable pricing options and personalized care that give patients peace of mind and immediate results, making the Will Vision & Laser Center the obvious choice for anyone looking for a trustworthy and skilled Lasik surgeon.
Bala Ambati MD
1125 Darlene Ln Suite 100A, Eugene, OR 97401
Patients consistently praise Dr. Ambati and his team at Pacific Clear Vision Institute for their professionalism, expertise, and exceptional patient care. Many patients achieve 20/15 or 20/20 vision after LASIK or cataract surgery and appreciate the staff's attention to detail throughout the process.
- Dr. Ambati and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and focused on patient care. Patients feel reassured and comfortable throughout the entire process, from consultation to surgery.
- The cataract surgeries and Lasik procedures have excellent outcomes, with patients reporting spectacular vision improvements and life-changing experiences.
- Dr. Ambati is highly respected in the field of ophthalmology, with extensive experience and a unique background that sets him apart from other surgeons. Patients trust him and his expertise, and feel well taken care of during and after their procedures.
Crews LASIK & Cataract Surgery Center
9200 SE 91st Ave Ste 100, Portland, OR 97086
Dr. Crews provides expert LASIK and cataract surgery, instilling confidence through personal follow-up. Patients achieve 20/20 vision, some seeing clearly without glasses for the first time. His friendly, professional staff explains procedures thoroughly and focuses on patient care over sales.
- Highly recommended by numerous satisfied customers who experienced great results and a life-changing experience.
- Staff are professional, friendly, and attentive, providing superb care and support throughout the entire LASIK process.
- The surgeon, Dr. Crews, is skilled, experienced, and personable, providing detailed explanations and ensuring comfort and safety during the surgery.
Oregon iLasik and Refractive Center
1515 Oak St #105, Eugene, OR 97401
Patients speak highly of Oregon iLasik and Refractive's friendly, professional staff and the positive experience they had with the procedure. The thorough staff makes patients feel at ease by answering all questions before surgery. Patients describe quick, painless procedures and satisfactory results. The clinic's warm atmosphere includes complimentary massages prior to surgery. The sole complaint was slightly blurred vision in one eye post-procedure.
- The staff is friendly, caring, and professional, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the process.
- The procedure is painless and quick, with many patients reporting significant improvements in their vision immediately after the surgery.
- The doctors and staff are skilled and knowledgeable, offering personalized recommendations and solutions to help patients achieve excellent results, including retaining nearsightedness when desired.
King LASIK - Portland South
9735 SW Shady Ln #201, Tigard, OR 97223
Patients recommend King Lasik for their high level of care, expertise, and attention to detail. The staff made patients feel comfortable and informed. The surgeon demonstrated professionalism and expertise. Patients noticed vision improvements and received great post-operative care. Overall, the Lasik experience at King Lasik was positive and life-changing.
- Professional and experienced team that provides exceptional care to patients.
- Quick and efficient surgery with immediate improvement in vision.
- Supportive and reassuring staff that makes patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.