Best Eye Doctors In Newport News, VA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Newport News Optometrists in Newport News, Newport News, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Newport News reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Newport News.
The Eye Site of Hampton
2200 Executive Dr STE A, Hampton, VA 23666
The eye care center receives largely positive feedback for attentive service and a comfortable exam experience. However, some cite billing problems and limited eyewear options. Patients describe the staff as friendly and professional, highlighting optometrist Dr. Overmeyer’s thorough eye exams.
- Great customer service and attention to comfort during appointments.
- Courteous and professional staff who go above and beyond to assist patients, especially when they have difficulty understanding insurance requirements.
- Comprehensive and thorough eye exams.
- Friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere.
- Knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain everything about your eyes.
- Wide selection of stylish eye wear and helpful assistance in choosing glasses.
- Accommodating and flexible scheduling for follow-up appointments.
- Staff who make patients feel like part of the family and provide a comfortable and pleasant experience.
Mid-Atlantic Eyecare (Advanced Vision Institute)
1613 Hardy Cash Dr, Hampton, VA 23666, United States
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional, efficient, and knowledgeable staff. Patients describe caring and thorough eye exams.
- Excellent service and professionalism: Multiple reviews mention that the services provided at this eye care center were excellent and that the staff was professional and courteous. This indicates a high level of quality and care in their eye exams and eye care services.
- Efficient and timely appointments: Many reviews mention that the wait times were relatively short and that the tests and exams were conducted efficiently and professionally. This suggests that the eye care center values their patients' time and strives to provide a quick and streamlined experience.
- Knowledgeable and trustworthy doctors: Several reviews express trust and confidence in the doctors at the eye care center. Patients feel that the doctors are knowledgeable, take their time with patients, and provide thorough examinations. This indicates that the center has experienced and capable doctors who prioritize patient care.
Tonya D. Long & Associates OD, PC
12300 Jefferson Ave Suite 904, Newport News, VA 23602, United States
Patients appreciate the friendly and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center, especially Dr. Long’s clear explanations during exams. They also compliment the modern, clean equipment and professional, efficient service.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff, including the receptionist and technicians, are friendly, pleasant, and make patients feel comfortable during the eye exam process.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviews highlight that the eye exams at this location are detailed and comprehensive. The optometrist, Dr. Long, takes the time to explain the results and any concerns, often using graphics and videos to enhance understanding.
- Modern equipment and technology: Several reviews mention that the eye exam equipment used at this center is modern and efficient. The digital eye exam, in particular, is highly praised for eliminating the need for dilation and providing a thorough assessment.
11045 Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601, United States
N2Eyes provides an efficient and wide selection of glasses. Patients commend the friendly staff who rectify any prescription issues. Optometrists demonstrate professionalism and thorough exams.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Several reviewers mentioned the friendly and kind receptionist, technician, and doctors at N2Eyes. They appreciated the positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers praised N2Eyes for providing thorough and comprehensive eye exams. They felt that the doctors took the time to answer their questions and address their concerns, leaving them feeling informed about their eye health.
- Good selection of glasses: Some reviewers mentioned that N2Eyes has a good selection of glasses, both for kids and adults. They found the perfect glasses frames for themselves and were satisfied with the options available.
Sight 2 See Optometry – Hampton
1074 W Mercury Blvd, Hampton, VA 23666
Most reviews praise the knowledgeable, friendly staff and quick, professional service. However, some mention insurance issues, miscommunication, overcharging concerns, and complaints about poor communication and customer service. It’s recommended to read all reviews before choosing this eye care center.
- Pleasant and knowledgeable staff
- Quick and efficient eye exams with friendly service
- Professional and thorough eye care from optometrists
Dr. Catherine Batton OD, LLC
12130 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602, United States
Dr. Batton is described as knowledgeable and approachable by multiple reviewers who appreciate her use of advanced eye exam technology. Her friendly, patient staff and affordable, accessible appointments also earn positive reviews. However, one patient reported a negative experience with an impatient, disrespectful technician and doctor. In general, reviewers highly recommend Dr. Batton’s practice for eye care.
- Dr. Catherine Batton is highly recommended for eye exams and is well-versed in optometry.
- The staff is friendly, patient, and professional, providing a pleasant and welcoming experience.
- The eye exams are efficient, quick, and reasonably priced.
12300 Jefferson Ave Suite 904, Newport News, VA 23602, United States
Patients were impressed with Dr. Long’s eye exams and her staff’s informative approach. They also had a positive experience at the adjoining glasses store, appreciating the helpful and friendly service. However, one customer voiced frustration over limited selection and high prices at LensCrafters. In general, most reviews were favorable, with patients valuing the staff’s professionalism and expertise.
- Quick and informative eye exams: Customers praised the eye exam experience, mentioning that it was quick and easy. They also appreciated that the optometrist took the time to explain their prescription in detail.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the helpful and friendly nature of the staff. Customers felt that the staff members were patient, kind, and knowledgeable. They also appreciated the staff's assistance in selecting glasses that were a good fit.
- Efficient and prompt service: Many reviewers mentioned that they received their new glasses on the same day as their eye exam, which they were very happy about. Customers also appreciated that the staff members were able to accommodate walk-ins for eye exams and provided excellent customer service throughout the entire process.
Katherine Rachon, OD
2234 Cunningham Dr, Hampton, VA 23666
Dr. Rachon draws acclaim for her expertise, professionalism, and compassion. Reviewers commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff, but note issues like long waits and uncomfortable seating. Still, most reviewers recommend Dr. Rachon and her caring team.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional doctors: The reviews consistently mention that Dr. Rachon is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and thorough in her examination. Patients appreciate her expertise and genuine care for their eye health.
- Friendly and patient-centered care: The doctors and staff at Virginia Eye Consultants are praised for providing a comfortable and welcoming environment. Patients feel at ease with the team and appreciate the friendly and patient-centered care they receive.
- Compassionate and efficient: Dr. Rachon is described as compassionate, caring, and efficient. Patients appreciate her willingness to address their concerns and take the time to answer their questions. The office staff is also commended for their professionalism and efficiency.
Virginia Eye Consultants
2234 Cunningham Dr, Hampton, VA 23666
Most reviews applaud the professionalism, expertise, and congeniality of the doctors. Though some patients report longer wait times, the helpful staff and quality service make it worthwhile. A couple negative reviews cite frustration with wait times and recommend hiring more doctors.
- Dr. Rohit S. Adyanthaya is highly recommended for his detailed and informative eye exams. He shows genuine concern for his patients and takes the time to explain conditions and answer questions.
- The staff at the eye care center is friendly and helpful, providing great customer service. The waiting area is comfortable, and the equipment is updated.
- Dr. Panda is praised for her positive and informative approach during cornea transplant follow-ups. She communicates well and provides complete feedback and referral steps.
Animal Eye Care Associates
1120 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Yorktown, VA 23693
Animal Eye Care provides quality eye exams and care for pets. The friendly and knowledgeable staff thoroughly explain treatment options and pricing. Their clean, organized facility creates a positive experience for pets and owners.
- Friendly and informative staff
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors
- Affordable prices for specialized care
12130 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602, United States
The eye care center received highly favorable reviews citing the helpful and knowledgeable staff. Patients frequently mentioned Brittany and Jeb for their friendly and professional service in assisting them in finding ideal frames. Numerous reviewers also noted receiving excellent care throughout the process.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at this eye care center, particularly Brittany and Jeb, are praised for their helpfulness, professionalism, and knowledge. They go above and beyond to assist customers in selecting frames and provide accurate information about insurance options and pricing.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviews mention exceptional customer service, with the staff making customers feel valued and taking the time to understand their needs. They are described as patient, understanding, and efficient, ensuring a positive experience.
- Affordable and diverse frame selection: Customers appreciate the variety and style of frames available at this eye care center. They mention finding frames similar to popular brands at more affordable prices, making it easier to stay within their budget.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Virginia
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Virginia in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Virginia, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Virginia
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Virginia.
- The The percentage of people in Virginia that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 4.46%. and In Virginia in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.61%) compared to the overall population (4.36%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.25%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Virginia
- In Virginia, 4.36% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Virginia
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.65% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.52% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Virginia face even higher rates at 7.24%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Virginia
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Virginia.
- 8.82% of those with diabetes and 7.61% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Virginia
- Early vision care is crucial, with 72.88% of children in Virginia having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.75% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Virginia
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.36% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Virginia.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.