Best Eye Doctors In Williston, VT
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Williston Optometrists in Williston, Williston, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Williston reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Williston.
Dr. Katherine Lane
55 Timber Ln, South Burlington, VT 05403
Dr. Katherine Lane comes highly recommended by doctors and patients for her expertise and caring manner. Patients value her clear explanations, strong communication skills, and ability to make them feel comfortable. Her eye care center’s staff also earn accolades for their professionalism and support. Overall, Dr. Lane is regarded as a talented and kind optometrist.
- Highly qualified and caring doctor - Dr. Lane is highly recommended by other doctors and is praised for her warm personality, concern for her clients, and ability to put patients at ease.
- Excellent communication and support - The staff, including Dr. Lane herself, are commended for their clear explanations, answering questions, and providing support before, during, and after procedures. They make the experience comfortable and positive for patients.
- Professional and efficient care - Patients appreciate the professionalism, thoroughness, and efficiency of Dr. Lane and her team. They are praised for their expertise, organization, and ability to provide quick and effective treatment.
155 Dorset St, South Burlington, VT 05403
The eye care center receives commendations for attentive service during comprehensive exams. Personnel like Tracy, Paula, and Charlie impress with their expertise and patience. Reviewers appreciate the team’s insurance guidance and safety measures.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews mention specific staff members who were helpful, patient, and provided excellent customer service.
- Efficient and prompt service: Customers appreciated the quick turnaround time for their eye exams and getting their glasses or frames.
- Good selection of frames: Multiple reviewers mentioned the store having a great variety of frames to choose from.
Larson Juli MD
1100 Hinesburg Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
Dr. Larson and her Vermont Eye Laser team are lauded for their expertise, professionalism, and quality care. Patients appreciate Dr. Larson’s clear explanations and comforting manner. The staff earns acclaim for their kindness and dedication. Patients report positive surgical outcomes, cementing the clinic’s reputation as a leading New England eye care provider.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable team: Multiple reviews mention the expert care provided by Dr. Juli Larson and her team. They are praised for their attention to detail, thorough explanations, and ability to answer all questions, instilling confidence in patients.
- Efficient and organized process: Patients appreciate the well-orchestrated experience at the eye care center. They mention quick turnaround times, from consultation to surgery, and efficient pre and post-operative care.
- Personalized and compassionate approach: Reviewers highlight the caring and professional demeanor of Dr. Larson and her staff. They take the time to make patients feel comfortable, listen to their concerns, and provide personalized and compassionate care.
30 Main St Suite 120, Burlington, VT 05401
The eye care center is highly regarded for its friendly, knowledgeable staff and reasonable prices. Patients consistently praise Amanda and Sue for helping select glasses and ensure accuracy. Optometrists are professional and friendly, with the popular option to skip dilation. Appointments are easy to schedule. Dr. Brodmann and Dr. Morris provide excellent care addressing specific eye issues. Customers appreciate the fast, quality service.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The optometrists and opticians are highly knowledgeable and professional, providing excellent eye exams and assistance in finding the right glasses.
- Friendly and helpful front desk staff: The front desk staff is friendly, quick, and respectful, making scheduling appointments and the overall experience easy and pleasant.
- Excellent customer service: The staff goes above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service, addressing concerns and ensuring a positive experience for patients.
Ophthalmic Consultants of Vermont
55 Timber Ln, South Burlington, VT 05403
Dr. Shiple receives rave reviews for his competent, professional, and compassionate care. Patients commend his clear communication and attentive manner, resulting in successful procedures. The office and surgical center are noted for cleanliness and efficiency. One reviewer did suggest clarifying costs upfront to avoid billing issues. In all, most patients are highly satisfied and enthusiastically recommend Dr. Shiple.
- Highly competent and skilled surgeon (Dr. Shiple) with positive outcomes for cataract surgery.
- Caring and compassionate team with excellent patient care and communication skills.
- Clean and well-maintained facilities that prioritize patient safety.
802 Eye Care
1185 Shelburne Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
The eye care center is highly regarded for its knowledgeable and friendly doctors who provide thorough, informative eye exams. Patients appreciate the center’s prompt, efficient service and minimal wait times. The center is a reliable choice for professional eye care.
- Efficient and professional staff: Multiple reviewers praised the eye care center for its efficient and professional staff. This indicates that visitors can expect a high level of service and expertise during their eye exams and eye care visits.
- Wide range of services: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offers a wide range of services. This suggests that visitors can benefit from a comprehensive approach to their eye care needs, including not just eye exams but also other treatments or procedures that may be required.
33 Blair Park Rd, Williston, VT 05495
Williston Optometry is well reviewed for Dr. Marconi’s expertise and the knowledgeable, friendly staff. Kim is often commended. However, some negative feedback cites rude staff, billing and contact issues, and difficulty reaching the office for follow-ups.
- Personalized and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide a personal touch for eye care, including helping with glasses fitting and providing thorough and thoughtful responses to concerns.
- Professional and thorough exams: Reviewers appreciate the expertise and thoroughness of the optometrists, who conduct multiple tests and take the time to explain everything during the exam.
- Accommodating and efficient service: The staff are described as friendly, professional, and efficient, with great attention to minimizing COVID-19 exposure. They also work to accommodate patients' needs, such as getting new glasses quickly or helping them save money by using old frames.
370 Shelburne Rd, Burlington, VT 05401
Chroma Optics earns high marks for its knowledgeable, friendly staff, efficient service, and wide frame selection. Reviewers describe the doctors as professional, informative, and adept at treating conditions like migraines and dry eyes. The office features advanced technology and exclusive eyewear. One reviewer noted Medicaid is not accepted for frames. Overall, Chroma Optics is known for excellent customer service and personalized care.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center are highly knowledgeable, friendly, and take the time to understand the needs of their clients. They also provide clear explanations during the eye exam process and when choosing glasses or contacts.
- Knowledgeable doctors: The optometrists at this center are highly qualified and experienced. They utilize the latest technology and have expertise in treating various eye issues such as dry eyes and migraines. They also take the time to answer any questions and provide personalized care.
Eyecare of Vermont
77 Pearl St, Essex Junction, VT 05452
Eyecare of Vermont receives positive feedback for their eye exams and services. Patients report friendly staff, clean facilities, and professional, knowledgeable doctors and technicians who provide quality care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many customers mentioned that the receptionists and staff at Eyecare of Vermont were friendly and provided great customer service.
- Expert eye exams: Several reviews praised the quality of the eye exams and the expertise of the optometrists at the practice.
- Professional and accommodating: Customers appreciated the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff, as well as their willingness to listen to concerns and accommodate individual needs.
Associates In Eye Care – Dr. Tony Hollop
11 N Willard St, Burlington, VT 05401
Associates in Eye Care in Burlington is praised for short wait times, friendly staff, and thorough eye exams by Dr. Tony Hollop. Many mention exceptional customer service like accommodating emergency appointments to ensure satisfaction. One review cites issues with receptionist communication, but most recommend the practice for professional, quality eye care.
- Short wait time: Multiple reviews mention that the wait time for appointments at this eye care center is short, allowing patients to be seen quickly.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the friendly and helpful nature of both the office staff and the optometrists. The staff answers questions patiently, offers thorough explanations, and provides a welcoming environment.
- Thorough and competent eye exams: Several reviews mention that the eye exams at this center are thorough and high-quality, with attention to detail. The optometrists are described as knowledgeable, competent, and caring about their patients' needs.
Champlain Eye and Vision (formerly Dr. Martell)
150 Dorset St #250, South Burlington, VT 05403
Patients gave mixed reviews of Dr. Martell and Associates, with one commending the attentive service and aid selecting glasses and clarifying insurance. However, another felt misinformed about the doctor’s in-network status, resulting in major out-of-pocket costs. In contrast, Dr. Whitney at Champlain Eye and Vision earned high praise for her expertise and staff’s outstanding service, especially helping patients choose new glasses.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff, as well as the informative and knowledgeable doctors. They take the time to explain options with insurance, assist in picking out frames, and provide thorough eye exams.
- Wide selection of frames and lenses: Customers appreciated the diverse range of frame choices and the availability of specific lenses to meet their needs, such as for better reading ability or accommodating prescription sunglasses.
- Thorough and accurate examinations: Many customers mentioned that the eye exams conducted by Dr. Martell and Associates were comprehensive and provided accurate prescriptions. The doctors were described as thorough, patient, and knowledgeable, offering clear assessments and addressing specific concerns.
- Note: While most reviews were positive, there were a few negative comments regarding insurance coverage and issues with measuring pupillary distance.
New England Vision & Vermont Eye Laser
1100 Hinesburg Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
Patients overwhelmingly recommend this eye care center and Dr. Larson for the professional, friendly service and expertise that lead to quick, painless procedures with life-changing results. The facility is clean and efficient. Patients describe the staff as calming, positive, and attentive.
- The staff at Vermont Eye Laser is professional, informative, and friendly, making patients feel confident and at ease during eye exams and surgical procedures.
- The LASIK surgery procedure is quick, painless, and efficient, providing patients with improved vision and potentially life-changing results.
- The facility is clean, efficient, and well-organized, with a calm and welcoming environment that helps reduce stress and anxiety for patients seeking eye care.
Eyes of the World
168 Battery St #1, Burlington, VT 05401
Eyes of the World draws acclaim for attentive service, a wide selection of frames, and an educated team. Shoppers value the personalized help in finding ideal eyewear and the enthusiasm shown by employees. However, one reviewer cited an arrogant owner rejecting customers. Still, most recommend this store for quality, customer care, and repairs.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff
- Wide and diverse selection of frames, including unique and stylish options
- Skilled at fixing and repairing eyewear, even older or damaged glasses
The Eye Surgery Center
1100 Hinesburg Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
The eye care center provides thorough and professional eye exams. Customers appreciate the doctors’ expertise. Friendly, helpful staff contribute to a positive experience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly and knowledgeable. This is important as it indicates that customers can expect a pleasant experience and receive expert advice during their eye exams and eye care.
- Efficient and thorough exams: Several reviewers appreciated the efficiency and thoroughness of the eye exams they received at this location. This suggests that the eye care professionals here take the time to thoroughly assess their patients' eye health, ensuring a comprehensive and accurate examination.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Vermont
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Vermont in 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older had difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Vermont, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Vermont
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Vermont.
- The In Vermont in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was more than double the percentage of people without diabetes, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Vermont in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.38%) compared to the overall population (3.42%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Vermont
- In Vermont, 3.42% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Vermont
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.28% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Vermont face even higher rates at 5.94%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Vermont
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Vermont.
- 7.93% of those with diabetes and 6.38% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Vermont
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.17% of children in Vermont having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.35% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Vermont
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.42% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Vermont.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.