Best Eye Doctors In Barre, VT
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Barre Optometrists in Barre, Barre, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Barre reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Barre.
White River Family Eye Care
587 Hartford Ave., White River Junction, VT 05001
White River Family Eye Care receives excellent reviews for thorough eye exams, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and top-notch vision care. Patients mention educational guidance and attentive doctors, with one provider catching a serious retina issue, avoiding potential vision loss. The clinic comes highly recommended for eye exams, glasses, and contacts, though some note difficulty getting appointments due to high demand.
- Thorough and educational eye exams: The eye care center provides thorough routine eye exams and offers valuable educational information regarding eye health, new equipment and techniques, and historical tidbits. Patients feel that their eye acuity and eye health are in good hands.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: The doctors at the eye care center are highly knowledgeable, patient, giving, and personable. Patients feel lucky to have found such exceptional eye doctors who provide great care and make them feel comfortable throughout the exam.
- Professional and efficient staff: The staff at the eye care center are described as professional, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. They provide great recommendations and assist with glasses selection. Patients appreciate the efficiency, ease of scheduling, and smooth experience compared to other providers.
Mad River Eye Care PLLC
5274 Main St #1, Waitsfield, VT 05673
Patients consistently praise the professional, friendly staff and appreciate the thorough, high-tech eye exams. Many feel well cared for at this overwhelmingly positively reviewed eye care center.
- Professional and friendly staff: The reviews consistently mention that the staff at Mad River Eye Care are professional, friendly, and provide a welcoming experience. They are accommodating towards both children and infants, making them a good choice for family eye care.
- Thorough and modern eye exams: The eye center is praised for its thorough and comprehensive eye exams, using the latest equipment and technology. Patients feel confident that they are receiving top-notch care and appreciate the detailed explanations of their eye exam results.
- Clean and COVID-safe environment: The office is described as clean, spotless, and fully prepared with COVID precautions. This reassures patients and gives them peace of mind during their visit.
Shippee Family Eye Care, P.C.
468 Hospital Dr, St Johnsbury, VT 05819
Shippee Family Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews. Patients appreciate the friendly staff, Dr. Karena Shippee’s expertise, efficient appointments, courteous service, and the on-call emergency phone service. However, one review cites issues with billing transparency.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: The staff at Shippee Family Eye Care are described as beyond amazing, professional, courteous, and kind. They make patients feel connected and involved throughout the process, answer all questions, and provide a great overall experience.
- Quick and efficient emergency service: Shippee Family Eye Care offers on-call emergency phone service, even during weekends. They respond promptly, gather information, and have an on-call doctor call the patient within about 15 minutes to address their concerns and provide guidance. This service helps patients avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room.
- Thorough and satisfying eye exams: Patients mention that the eye exams at Shippee Family Eye Care are thorough and satisfying. The optometrists take their time, listen to patients' concerns, and provide unhurried care. This attention to detail results in accurate prescriptions and improved vision.
Shippee Family Eye Care – Montpelier, VT
114 Main St, Montpelier, VT 05602
Shippee Family Eye Care is praised for friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams. They offer a large selection of frames. A few patients had insurance issues or felt pressured about contacts. However, most patients recommend Shippee for professional service and convenience.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the personnel at Shippee Family Eye Care are friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. They provide thorough explanations, answer questions, and make patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Convenient and efficient service: Patients note that the eye exam process at Shippee Family Eye Care is efficient, with minimal wait times. The office is described as clean, with a pleasant atmosphere. Additionally, the location is conveniently located in downtown Montpelier.
- Quality eye care: Shippee Family Eye Care is praised for its professional and informative eye exams. The optometrists are described as thorough and knowledgeable, providing accurate diagnoses and appropriate treatments. Patients mention receiving helpful explanations and feedback regarding their vision.
30 Main St Suite 120, Burlington, VT 05401
Patients appreciate the friendly and helpful staff, with Amanda and Sue called out for their expertise in selecting glasses. The knowledgeable, professional optometrists take time to address concerns and provide candid guidance. The clean, well-run office has minimal wait times. Patients feel satisfied with their visits and intend to return.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff: The optometrists and opticians are highly knowledgeable, professional, and provide excellent care.
- Friendly and helpful front desk staff: The front desk staff is friendly, quick, respectful, and very helpful. Scheduling appointments is easy and they provide a positive experience from start to finish.
- Excellent eye care: The doctors provide thorough exams, answer inquiries, and take the time to understand and address concerns. The office also offers services for specialized eye issues like dry eyes and complicated vision prescriptions.
802 Eye Care
1185 Shelburne Rd, South Burlington, VT 05403
802 Eye Care is largely praised for easy appointment scheduling, skilled staff, and knowledgeable doctors. However, some reviewers note discourteous service and restrictions on bifocals and prism lenses. Most appreciate the expertise of staff, speedy service, and variety of frames and lenses.
- Easy scheduling and comprehensive eye care services, including eye exams and frame selection.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff who provide seamless assistance with insurance, prescriptions, and frame options.
- Quick and efficient service, with the ability to have lenses in stock for one-hour glasses and expedited frame replacements.
Heritage Eye Care: Dr. Todd Page OD
81 River St # 203, Montpelier, VT 05602
Heritage Eye Care is well reviewed for its friendly, professional staff and knowledgeable doctors. Patients recommend Drs. Page and Shiozawa for their excellent, efficient service. The exceptional, helpful staff and convenient location with ample parking make this a top choice, though they may not currently be accepting new patients.
- Highly skilled and friendly doctors: Both Dr. Todd Page and Dr. Shiozawa are praised for their expertise, efficiency, and knowledge in providing eye exams and eye care.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at Heritage Eye Care is described as exceptional, helpful, and happy to assist with frame adjustments, repairs, and warranty issues.
- Convenient location and parking: The office has a convenient location with parking right outside the door, making it easily accessible for patients.
Optical Expressions Berlin
282 Berlin Mall Rd, Berlin, VT 05602
Optical Expressions is lauded for friendly, professional staff, stellar customer service, and meticulous eye exams. Patrons value complimentary glasses repairs and urgent eye care assistance. However, some critique the refusal to adjust outside frames and communication and wait time challenges. Nevertheless, loyal customers enthusiastically endorse their services.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and professional service provided by the staff at this eye care center.
- Excellent customer service: Customers consistently mention the great customer service they received, including assistance with glasses repairs, quick appointments, and accommodating staff.
- Prompt and efficient service: The eye care center is praised for its fast turn-around times for repairs, replacements, and contact orders, ensuring a convenient experience for customers.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Vermont
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Vermont in 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older had difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Vermont, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Vermont
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Vermont.
- The In Vermont in 2018, the percentage of people with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing was more than double the percentage of people without diabetes, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Vermont in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.38%) compared to the overall population (3.42%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Vermont
- In Vermont, 3.42% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Vermont
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.28% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Vermont face even higher rates at 5.94%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Vermont
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Vermont.
- 7.93% of those with diabetes and 6.38% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Vermont
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.17% of children in Vermont having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.35% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Vermont
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.42% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Vermont.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.