Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Plano, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 60 LASIK Surgeons in Plano, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 17858 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Plano.
Rebecca Miller, OD - Plano Eye Doctor
9955 Gillespie Dr Suite 100, Plano, TX 75025
Dr. Miller's Plano Eye Doctor practice is known for providing exceptional care with a focus on resolving patient issues. The attention to detail and willingness to work with patients to find the best solution for their needs is highly appreciated. The staff is professional and friendly, creating a welcoming environment for patients.
- People feel very comfortable and welcome at Brooks Eye Associates.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful, with a focus on providing the best possible care for their patients.
- Drs Miller and Brooks are highly experienced in cataract surgery, and are able to provide a wide range of options for treatment.
- The facility is clean and welcoming, making it easy for patients to feel relaxed during their appointments.
Motiveyes Eye Care
8621 Ohio Dr #100, Plano, TX 75024
Dr. Mina's Eye Care is a professional and knowledgeable practice that provides exceptional care to its patients. Patients appreciate the warm welcome and thorough explanations of their conditions and treatments. Despite the unassuming entrance, Dr. Mina's competence and personable nature make her a wonderful choice for anyone seeking a lasik surgeon.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable with the doctor.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to the patient.
- The location is convenient for those who live in close proximity to Sam's Club.
Sphinx Eye Care
8941 Coit Rd Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024
Sphinx Eye Care boasts an exceptional team of optometrists, with Dr. El-Hag standing out as a standout practitioner. Patients appreciate the attentive care they receive, with a focus on finding the perfect contact lenses. The practice is known for providing excellent service, making it a top choice for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel heard and addressed all of their concerns.
- Excellent service provided by Dr. El-Hag and her team.
- Worked hard to find the perfect contact lenses to fit my daily needs.
Texas Eye and Aesthetic Center
3950 W Plano Pkwy, Plano, TX 75075
Texas Eye and Aesthetic Center provides exceptional care and delivers great results for their patients. The staff is attentive and provides a personal touch that makes patients feel comfortable and well-cared for. If you're looking for a skilled and caring lasik surgeon, Texas Eye and Aesthetic Center is an excellent choice.
- People feel confident after surgery because they know their doctor is experienced and skilled.
- The clinic provides a comfortable and relaxing environment for patients.
- Dr. Ahmad's staff are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about their work.
- Patients feel confident in the decision to have surgery performed by Dr. Ahmad and his team.
Dr. Danny Malone, OD
4160 Spring Creek Pkwy #100, Plano, TX 75024
Dr. Malone, OD is a knowledgeable and professional lasik surgeon who stays up-to-date with the latest information in his field. His comprehensive eye exams are highly appreciated by patients, who also value his personal care and concern for their eyes. The practice is known for its thoroughness and expertise in lasik surgery.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Malone and his staff. They feel like they are in good hands and know that they are receiving the best possible care.
- Dr. Malone is very knowledgeable about optometry and has a wealth of experience to draw on when providing care for his patients.
- He takes the time to go through each exam thoroughly, ensuring that he understands all of the issues that may be affecting a patient's vision.
- Dr. Malone is highly experienced in dealing with FAA regulations, which has proved invaluable in times of need.
Dr. Them L. Vu, MD
6300 Stonewood Dr, Plano, TX 75024
Dr. Them L. Vu, MD is a skilled lasik surgeon who is known for her patience and attention to detail. Patients have praised her ability to help them with their vision problems, and appreciate the time she takes to ensure a job well done. While some have had minor issues, the majority of patients are satisfied with the care they receive at this practice.
- People feel very good about the doctors and their work.
- The doctors are very experienced and have a lot of knowledge.
- They are able to provide excellent care for patients with complex medical issues.
- The doctors always take the time to listen to their patients and understand their needs.
Bullajian Jason MD, FACS
Texas Vision & Laser Center - Frisco, 8380 Warren Pkwy Ste 101, Frisco, TX 75034
Bullajian Jason MD, FACS is a skilled lasik surgeon with a reputation for excellent cataract surgery. The office staff is attentive and responsive to any issues that may arise. Patients appreciate the apologetic and professional approach taken by the office in the event of any problems.
- People feel very apologetic and take ownership of the mistake.
- Office is very organized and efficient.
- Cataract surgery went well
- both eyes!
Selkin Robert MD
5044 Tennyson Pkwy # B, Plano, TX 75024
Selkin Robert MD is an ethical and caring lasik surgeon who prioritizes his patients over profits. His practice has received glowing reviews for his dedication to providing quality care. Patients can trust that they are in good hands with Selkin Robert MD.
- People feel that Dr. Selkin is ethical and not just out for money.
- They feel that he did a great job with their Botox treatment.
2108 Dallas Pkwy Suite 206, Plano, TX 75093
LasikPlus offers a seamless experience with exceptional customer service and low-risk surgery. The staff is friendly and informative, making patients feel at ease throughout the process. With excellent results reported by many, LasikPlus is a safe and successful choice for those seeking improved vision.
- People feel very confident after the surgery.
- Low risk surgery.
- Good experience from start to finish.
- Located in an open air plaza with lots of parking.
- Daughter had lasik and was not clear right away, took a month for her eyesight to get better. Dr said its normal, i had lasik many many moons ago and my eyes were clear right after surgery, same for my son, but as they say, it's different for all.
- Got my LASIK surgery done couple month ago beginning of April. I was hesitant at first
- I've never had any surgery before ... but LASIK is probably one of the most low risk surgery you can have.
The staffs were very friendly and informative. You barely talk to the actual surgeons but the optometrists can answer all the questions you have! They often have discounts offered
- mine was $1k off but you can also look into your insurance, sometimes they'll offer discounts for LASIK surgeries also (but can't be combined with the promotions from LASIK plus).
LASIK most likely won't be covered by insurance since it's considered "cosmetic surgery"
Plano Eye Associates
5900 Coit Rd, Plano, TX 75023
Plano Eye Associates boasts a modern facility and exceptional customer service. Patients are promptly called back for appointments, with wait times never exceeding 5 minutes. The doctors provide excellent care, making this practice a top choice for LASIK surgery.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming when visiting this clinic.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and provide great service.
- There is always a short wait time, which makes it easy to get appointments.
- The clinics are modern and clean.
Lone Star Vision
5044 Tennyson Pkwy Suite B, Plano, TX 75024
Lone Star Vision is a friendly and experienced Lasik surgeon's office with reasonable pricing. Dr. Brantley is knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his patients, while the staff is professional and friendly. Although glasses may take up to two weeks to arrive, they are optimized for cost with insurance, making the wait worthwhile.
- People feel very welcomed and comfortable at Lone Star Vision.
- The doctors are very experienced and knowledgeable, and they take the time to listen to their patients.
- The office is always organized and clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful.
- Prices are reasonable, especially compared to other eye care providers in the area.
- turnaround time for glasses orders is usually quick.
The Plano Eye Care Center
4104 W 15th St #100, Plano, TX 75093
The Plano Eye Care Center is a professional and customer-focused practice that provides thorough eye examinations. The doctors offer in-depth explanations of medical and physiological issues, while the eyeglasses specialist helps patients find frames that fit well. Overall, a great experience for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel very welcomed and comfortable here.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- They offer a variety of services, including glasses, eye exams, and more.
- The doctors are highly experienced and provide personalized care.
Switalski Eye Care
4909 W Park Blvd #135, Plano, TX 75093
Switalski Eye Care is a professional and friendly lasik surgeon's office that values your time. Appointments are easy to schedule and never take more than an hour. Dr. Patel provides informative and thorough care, ensuring patients understand their diagnosis and treatment plan.
- People feel very welcoming and professional.
- Eye exams are very thorough.
- Dr Ho is wonderful and takes great care of her patients.
- Appointments are easily scheduled.
Dain Brooks, MD - Plano Cataract Surgeon
9955 Gillespie Dr Suite 100, Plano, TX 75025
Dr. Brooks' office is well-regarded for their expertise in cataract surgery and the variety of options they offer, including Medicare coverage. Patients appreciate the kindness of the staff and the efficient operation of the office. If you're looking for a skilled and compassionate cataract surgeon, Dr. Brooks' practice is a great choice.
- People feel kind and welcoming.
- The office is large and well-staffed.
- There are a variety of options for cataract surgery, which makes it more affordable for patients.
- The doctors are experienced and knowledgeable.
Faisal Haq, MD
3060 Communications Pkwy #205, Plano, TX 75093
Dr. Faisal Haq is a skilled and knowledgeable lasik surgeon who is highly regarded by his patients. The office is well-organized and appointments are efficiently managed, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. Patients appreciate the caring approach of the staff and the exceptional level of service provided.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at this office
- The staff is friendly and professional
- Time goes quickly in the appointment
- Dr Haq is thorough and efficient
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article