Best LASIK Surgeon In Irving, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 152 LASIK Surgeons in Irving, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 16207 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Irving.
2108 Dallas Pkwy Suite 206, Plano, TX 75093
Patients had an overall positive experience with LasikPlus, with many citing friendly and helpful staff, quick and painless procedures, and excellent results. Many patients noted that they were able to achieve 20/20 or even better vision following their procedure. Some patients expressed regret that they didn't get the procedure done sooner, and several recommended LasikPlus to friends and family members. A few patients noted some mild discomfort or dryness in their eyes following the procedure, but overall patients were extremely satisfied with the care they received at LasikPlus.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Quick, painless, and life-changing procedure
- Excellent results and improved vision, with some patients achieving even better than 20/20 vision
Tylock-George Eye Care and LASIK
3100 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75062
Patients have had positive experiences with Tylock-George Eye Care and Lasik. Dr. Vo and Dr. George are thorough, professional, and friendly, as well as their staff. Many patients have had successful surgical procedures and are pleased with their results. Some patients did experience long wait times and had issues with communication between staff and doctors.
- Helpful and attentive staff and doctors who take the time to answer all questions and provide thorough explanations and recommendations.
- Cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities that provide excellent eye care services, including cataract surgery and LASIK procedures.
- Positive patient experiences with improved vision and customer care, resulting in high satisfaction and recommendation rates.
The LASIK Vision Institute
14160 Dallas Pkwy Ste 100, Dallas, TX 75254
Patients had a great experience at the Lasik Vision Institute, praising the friendly and helpful staff, excellent doctors, and pain-free, life-changing results. Many noted their improved vision, often better than 20/20, and the ease of the surgery and recovery process. Patients highly recommended the practice and felt safe, comfortable, and well-informed throughout their entire experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick and pain-free procedure with life-changing results
- Highly professional doctors with great bedside manner
Brooks Eye Associates
9955 Gillespie Dr Suite 100, Plano, TX 75025
Patients have given positive reviews about the lasik surgeon practice, particularly praising the knowledgeable and caring staff and the quality of surgeries. Patients have reported successful cataract surgeries with improved vision, friendly and efficient service, knowledgeable and professional doctors, and successful vision correction surgeries with specific lenses. Patients highly recommend this practice to others. Some negative reviews focused on long wait times and issues with scheduling.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable doctors who provide excellent care and help patients every step of the way
- State-of-the-art cataract surgery with exceptional results, including improved vision without glasses and reduced halo effects at night
- Friendly, professional, and efficient staff who provide excellent service, create a welcoming atmosphere, and answer all questions in a clear and helpful manner.
Texas Eye and Laser Center
3405 Locke Ave Ste 100, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Texas Eye and Laser Center has a friendly, professional and knowledgeable staff that creates a caring and efficient atmosphere. The doctors are proficient and thorough and the facility is clean and organized. Many patients experience quick appointments and easy procedures with minimal wait time, leaving them feeling satisfied, positive and even amazed by their results.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
- Efficient and informative patient care
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
Alliance Vision Institute
9429 N Beach St, Fort Worth, TX 76244
The reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive, with many reviewers praising the professionalism and knowledgeability of the staff. Patients consistently reported feeling comfortable and well-informed throughout the process, and many were thrilled with the results. Specific staff members, such as Dr. Mueller, Shelby, and Tonya, were frequently mentioned by name and commended for their exceptional care and customer service. Overall, reviewers highly recommend this practice for anyone considering lasik surgery.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff, including Dr. Mueller, Dr. Strange, and their assistants Tonya, Karla, and Shelby.
- Very comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, with top-notch customer service and individualized attention throughout the entire process from pre-op to post-op.
- Exceptionally successful outcome for patients, including restored vision without the need for glasses or contacts, and rapid recovery time with some patients already achieving 20/15 vision within a day.
Key-Whitman Eye Center
400 W Arbrook Blvd # 121, Arlington, TX 76014
The reviews for the lasik surgeon practice are mostly positive, with patients praising the skills of Dr. Barke and Dr. Hong. The staff is also mentioned as courteous, friendly, and professional. Wait times and disorganization appear to be the only negative feedback mentioned. Overall, patients recommend Key-Whitman Eye Center for eye check-ups, cataract surgeries, and Lasik procedures.
- Highly skilled and professional surgeons like Dr. Barke and Dr. Hong with great communication skills that make patients feel comfortable and at ease during their appointments.
- Friendly and courteous staff who are attentive to patients' concerns and make an effort to explain procedures in detail and with clarity.
- Use of the latest technology for diagnosis and treatment, ensuring a thorough examination with minimal wait time between scans and doctor consultations.
Cornea Associates of Texas
10740 N Central Expy #350, Dallas, TX 75231
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from satisfied patients who have had great experiences with the physicians and staff. The doctors at the practice are noted for being knowledgeable, professional, kind, and friendly, answering all questions and going above and beyond in explaining diagnoses and treatment plans. The staff is commended for being courteous, efficient, and helpful, while the facilities are noted for being clean and well-managed. Overall, patients seem to have had a very positive experience with the practice and recommend it highly.
- Caring and professional staff: Multiple reviews rave about the caring and professional staff, indicating that patients are treated with respect and kindness throughout their entire experience.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: Many reviews praise the doctors' expertise and ability to clearly explain eye-related issues, procedures, and follow-up care in a way that puts patients at ease and helps them make informed decisions.
- Efficient and organized practice: Many reviewers appreciate the efficiency and organization of the practice, noting minimal wait times and clear communication at each stage of the appointment, making for an overall pleasant and hassle-free experience.
LaserCare Eye & LASIK Center
440 W Interstate 635 #300, Irving, TX 75063
The Lasercare Eye Center received overwhelmingly positive reviews. Patients praised the welcoming staff, knowledgeable and friendly doctors, and clean facilities. Many reviewers highly recommended the center, mentioning successful procedures such as SMILE and cataract surgeries. Although some reviewers had minor critiques regarding specific aspects of their experience, most were extremely satisfied with their overall experience and would recommend the center to others.
- Highly knowledgeable and friendly staff, who communicate the entire procedure well, putting patients at ease during surgery.
- Excellent post-operative care and follow-up. Patients receive prompt and thorough responses to any questions or concerns, even after the procedure is over.
- Patients are happy with the results of their procedure, reporting improved vision and positive experiences with the practice's advanced technology and expertise.
LaserCare Eye & LASIK Center PA
1900 E State Hwy 114, Southlake, TX 76092
The LaserCare Eye Center has received mostly positive reviews. Patients have praised the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, the thoroughness of the examinations, the range of services offered, and the successful results of surgical procedures like LASIK and SMILE. The doctors have been described as knowledgeable, skilled, and personable. However, there are a few negative reviews that mention issues with wait times, communication, and follow-up care.
- Exceptional doctors and staff, professional and knowledgeable
- Wide range of eye care services offered, including LASIK and cataract surgery
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, with staff that take time to explain diagnoses and treatment plans thoroughly.
Dr. Robert E. Warren, MD
1201 Summit Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102
The reviews unanimously praise Dr. Warren and his staff for their professionalism, competence, and kindness. Patients appreciate Dr. Warren's ability to put them at ease, explain procedures clearly, and answer all questions. Many patients mention successful Lasik surgeries that have resulted in better-than-20/20 vision, and they emphasize the office's efficiency and caring approach. Overall, patients feel confident entrusting their vision care to Dr. Warren and his team.
- Dr. Warren is professional, knowledgeable, and competent.
- The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- The LASIK procedure is pain-free, with excellent results, and the whole process is efficient and easy to follow.
The M Lasik Center
670 W Campbell Rd STE 100, Richardson, TX 75080
Patients rave about Dr. M and the team at The M Lasik Center, with many describing their experience as life-changing. They praise Dr. M’s professionalism, knowledge, and experience, and appreciate his compassion and willingness to address their concerns. Patients express gratitude for the exceptional care provided by Dr. M and his staff, and many say that they would highly recommend The M Lasik Center to anyone seeking corrective eye surgery. Overall, patients describe the procedure as painless and quick, with excellent results and minimal side effects.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients.
- Experienced and knowledgeable surgeon with a professional and caring staff.
- Provides effective and life-changing results for those with high prescription lenses.
Fort Worth Lasik Vision Center
1201 Summit Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Patients rave about Dr. Warren and his staff at Fort Worth LASIK Vision Center, with many calling their experience "life-changing." They highlight the ease and painlessness of the procedure, straightforward pricing, and outstanding care from the staff. Patients rave about Cathy, the LASIK coordinator, and praise Dr. Warren's honesty, thoroughness, and professionalism. Patients consistently report being thrilled with both the process and the results, with many achieving better than 20/20 vision. Overall, they highly recommend Dr. Warren and his team for LASIK surgery.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon, who operates at the highest levels and provides excellent care to patients.
- Hassle-free and smooth process, with clear instructions before and after the procedure, and a friendly and prompt LASIK coordinator who addresses all concerns and questions.
- Life-changing experience with better than 20/20 vision, without the need for glasses or contacts, and an all-inclusive lifetime package that offers excellent value for money.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article