Best LASIK Surgeon In Corpus Christi, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Corpus Christi LASIK Surgeons in Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Corpus Christi reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Corpus Christi.
3700 Buffalo Speedway #325, Houston, TX 77098
Dr. January and the LasikPlus staff provide an exceptional patient experience. Patients consistently mention the welcoming and knowledgeable staff, Dr. January's surgical skills and reassuring manner, quick and painless procedures with life-changing results, and appreciated financial options.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon - Dr. January, the surgeon, is highly skilled and experienced according to many reviewers. He exudes confidence and professionalism that makes patients feel comfortable during the procedure.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - The staff at LasikPlus is friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. They provide specialized care with a personalized touch, answering all questions and concerns to make patients feel at ease.
- Painless and quick procedure with excellent results - Many reviewers mention that the procedure is painless and quick, taking less than 10-15 minutes with Dr. January's experienced hands. Results are excellent, with many patients reporting perfect vision or 20/20 vision after the procedure.
South Texas Eye Institute - San Antonio Office
2424 Babcock Rd Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78229
South Texas Eye Institute's courteous and professional staff provide thorough eye exams and treatment. Drs. Marten and Perez clearly explain procedures and answer questions knowledgeably. Patients appreciate the friendly, accommodating staff and have successfully undergone LASIK, cataract surgery and other procedures.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors who are courteous and go out of their way to explain things in layman's terms.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and caring towards the patients.
- The practice offers a range of services including PRK Lasik surgery, botox, and cataract surgery with excellent results. The doctors and staff are dedicated to ensuring the comfort and satisfaction of their patients.
Parkhurst NuVision LASIK Eye Surgery - San Antonio Office
9725 Datapoint Dr Suite 106, San Antonio, TX 78229
Parkhurst NuVision provides exceptional Lasik surgery with a professional and friendly staff in state-of-the-art facilities. Patients report quick, painless procedures resulting in life-changing 20/20 vision without glasses or contacts. The team ensures a comfortable, informative experience with clear communication from start to finish. Discounts for veterans and donations for underserved communities needing corrective lenses.
- The staff is knowledgeable, kind, and patient, making patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the entire process.
- The facility is beautiful and well-maintained, with welcoming touches like a coffee bar, and it has state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
- The surgery is quick and painless, and the results are life-changing, with many patients reporting 20/20 vision or better right after the surgery. The staff also provides excellent post-surgery care and follow-up.
The LASIK Vision Institute
5420 W Loop S # 4200, Bellaire, TX 77401
The LASIK Vision Institute has largely received positive feedback. Patients report improved vision and minimal discomfort. Staff are commended as friendly, knowledgeable professionals, especially Dr. January. Some patients were disappointed by issues with the advertised Lifetime Guarantee. However, most still recommend the LASIK Vision Institute.
- Excellent staff and customer service that makes the process easy and comfortable
- Quick and painless procedure
- Impressive results with improved vision beyond 20/20
3410 Far W Blvd Suite 150A, Austin, TX 78731
Patients consistently commend Dr. Brewer and his LasikPlus team for their professionalism, kindness, and surgical skill. Most achieve clear vision within 24 hours and are grateful for this life-changing procedure. Reviews describe an easy, pain-free process with an accommodating, informative staff. Even decades-long glasses/contacts wearers were thrilled with the results and highly recommend LasikPlus.
- Highly skilled and caring team, led by Dr. Brewer and Dr. Labrador, who perform the surgery flawlessly and make patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.
- Life-changing experience for patients who have been relying on glasses or contacts for years, with many reporting 20/20 or even better vision after the procedure.
- Smooth and easy process, with quick and painless procedures that take only a few minutes, and thorough follow-up care from knowledgeable staff who answer all questions and explain the science behind the treatment.
7720 Jones Maltsberger Rd Ste 101, San Antonio, TX 78216
The Lasik Plus surgeon practice provides a comfortable and confidence-inspiring experience. Their friendly, professional staff guide customers through quick, painless procedures that often yield improved vision the very next day. Many satisfied customers recommend this practice for Lasik surgery.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who answer all questions, make patients feel comfortable, and provide excellent service.
- Quick, painless, and life-changing procedure that provides great results with fast recovery time.
- Highly recommended by satisfied patients who are happy with their improved vision and the care they received from the staff and doctors.
Berkeley Eye Center - Katy
21502 Merchants Way, Katy, TX 77449
Berkeley Eye Center's LASIK surgeon practice receives outstanding reviews for the professional, friendly staff and doctors. Patients consistently report successful procedures and improved vision. A few reviewers noted long wait times or negative experiences with particular staff. In general, reviews strongly recommend Berkeley Eye Center for knowledgeable, efficient service and attentive patient care.
- Excellent doctors and staff who are courteous, professional, caring, and compassionate.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with informative and helpful consultations, and a wide selection of glasses.
- Successful procedures, including LASIK and cataract surgery, with impressive results, state-of-the-art facilities, and kind and patient staff.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.