Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Arlington, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 31 LASIK Surgeons in Arlington, TX, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 3293 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Arlington.
Hong Chian Huey MD
910 N Davis Dr Suite #400, Arlington, TX 76012
Hong Chian Huey MD's office is known for its exceptional customer service and professionalism. Patients appreciate the skill and expertise of the doctors, making it a top choice for those seeking lasik surgery. The practice is highly recommended for its excellent care and attention to detail.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to you.
- Excellent service, both in and out of the office.
- Good customer service.
Michael Blair, MD
801 W Randol Mill Rd # 201, Arlington, TX 76012
Dr. Michael Blair and his team at the ophthalmology practice are highly recommended by patients. Their expertise and personable approach make for a wonderful experience. Patients who were initially hesitant about seeing a new doctor were pleased with the care they received.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this clinic.
- The service is excellent, with everyone working together as a team to provide the best possible care.
- Dr. Blair is an experienced and skilled eye surgeon, who has a reputation for being able to carry out cataract surgery successfully and without any complications. This makes him a very reliable choice for those looking for an eye doctor.
- The clinic is located in a convenient location, making it easy for patients to get there by car or public transport.
Dr. D Ford
801 W Randol Mill Rd Ste 201, Arlington, TX 76012
Dr. D Ford's eye care clinic is highly recommended for their exceptional care and attention to detail. Patients have praised the thoroughness of their pre-surgery assessments, which help prevent complications down the line. The clinic's commitment to patient well-being extends beyond eye care, as evidenced by their role in identifying a heart issue in one patient's husband.
- People feel very comfortable here. They take the time to make sure that their patients are taken care of and that everything is physically good to go before surgery. This allows for a smooth transition into surgery, which can be very important in terms of ensuring a successful outcome.
- The clinic has a great track record when it comes to heart health screenings and surgeries. This means that they are likely to have accurate information about any potential problems with your husband's heart, which can help you make informed decisions about whether or not to proceed with surgery.
- The staff is highly experienced and skilled at performing eye surgeries, which means that you can be confident in their ability to provide you with an excellent experience.
Dr. Rabeea Khan
101 W Randol Mill Rd Ste 120, Arlington, TX 76011
Dr. Rabeea Khan is a friendly and thorough lasik surgeon who is highly professional and personable. Patients enjoy seeing her and trust her expertise. Her practice is known for its exceptional care and attention to detail.
- People feel very welcome when they visit Dr. Khan's office, which makes them feel comfortable and at ease.
- Dr. Khan is always very friendly and thorough in her examinations, ensuring that all of the necessary information is gathered.
- She has a great sense of humor, which helps to make visits to her office more enjoyable.
Dr. Gustave N. Alberti, MD
801 W Randol Mill Rd # 201, Arlington, TX 76012
Dr. Gustave N. Alberti, MD is a highly skilled and dedicated lasik surgeon who prioritizes the preservation of his patients' sight. He has a reputation for going above and beyond to ensure that his patients receive the best possible care, regardless of their age. Patients have credited him with saving their vision, making him a trusted and respected member of the medical community.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Alberti and feel that he truly cares about their well-being.
- He is an amazing physician who has been able to help many people preserve their vision.
- He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to his patients.
Paragon Eye Associates
2925 E Broad St Suite 201, Mansfield, TX 76063
Paragon Eye Associates is a warm and knowledgeable practice with thorough exams and a skilled surgeon. Patients appreciate the doctor's bedside manner and have reported easy surgeries with exceptional results, achieving 20/10 vision. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a top-tier lasik surgeon.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at the office.
- The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
- The doctor is knowledgeable and personable.
- The procedure was easy and painless.
The Floater Doctor - James H. Johnson MD
700 Highlander Blvd Suite 225, Arlington, TX 76015
Patients rave about the care they receive at The Floater Doctor's office. The doctors are known for their helpfulness, understanding, and ability to explain things clearly. Patients highly recommend this practice to anyone seeking treatment for floaters.
- People feel relief from anxiety and stress with the use of these reviews.
- Dr. Johnson is easy to get in contact with and provides helpful information.
- The drops have worked well for some people, reducing the number of floaters they see.
- He is sympathetic to those dealing with floaters and their mental health.
Key-Whitman Eye Center
910 N Davis Dr STE 400, Arlington, TX 76012
Key-Whitman Eye Center exudes professionalism and boasts knowledgeable doctors. Appointments are a breeze to make and the staff is friendly. The center is impeccably clean, making for a pleasant experience.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the clinic.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and provide excellent care.
- The equipment is top quality, making for a smooth and efficient experience.
- Staff are always polite and helpful.
Arlington Vision Source
3703 W Green Oaks Blvd, Arlington, TX 76016
Arlington Vision Source is a great choice for your eye exam needs. Dr. Cleveland is highly skilled and patient, and the office is conveniently located. Patients appreciate the quick service and the improved experience compared to other optometrists they've seen in the past.
- People feel very comfortable coming to this office.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Dr. Cleveland is a very skilled doctor who takes the time to explain everything to his patients.
- This office has state of the art equipment that allows for a more thorough exam.
Cornea Consultants of Texas
707 N Fielder Rd, Arlington, TX 76012
Cornea Consultants of Texas is a highly recommended lasik surgeon's office with a friendly and efficient staff. Patients have praised the excellent bedside manner of the doctors and the helpfulness of the staff. While there have been isolated negative experiences, the majority of patients have had a positive experience at this practice.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff are very friendly and helpful, always willing to answer any questions or provide advice.
- Dr. Koreishi is an experienced eye surgeon who has a great bedside manner. She is quick and efficient with her surgeries, which makes the process go more smoothly for patients.
- The clinic practices environmental safety measures such as wearing masks during procedures in order to protect patients from potential infection.
Chan Ray MD
1329 E Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, TX 76010
Dr. Chan Ray is a knowledgeable and thorough lasik surgeon who has treated many patients and their family members over the years. Patients appreciate his ability to correctly diagnose and treat their eye conditions, especially after having negative experiences with other doctors in the past. His practice is highly recommended for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel that Dr. Chan is very knowledgeable and takes his time to listen to patients.
- He has a lot of experience treating various eye issues, which makes him an excellent doctor for emergencies.
- His staff is also very friendly and helpful.
Texas Retina Associates
801 W Randol Mill Rd #101, Arlington, TX 76012
Texas Retina Associates is a knowledgeable and compassionate practice that takes excellent care of their patients. The staff's expertise and dedication are evident in their work, making them a top choice for those seeking a lasik surgeon. Trust in the care provided by Texas Retina Associates for all your vision needs.
- People feel very comfortable here. They are very knowledgeable and take the time to answer any questions you may have.
- The staff is amazing, always willing to help and explain things in a way that is easy to understand.
- The surgery was done quickly and without any complications. I am now seeing Dr Solley for yearly check-ups and haven't had any issues since then.
- This practice takes great care of their patients, always making sure they are comfortable before proceeding with any procedures or treatments.
Kleiman Evangelista Eye Centers of Texas - Arlington
350 E Interstate 20 STE 200, Arlington, TX 76018
Kleiman Evangelista Eye Centers of Texas - Arlington is a professional and caring practice that provides thorough eye exams. The doctors are understanding and provide excellent care. If you're looking for a great place to get a LASIK surgery, KE Eye Centers is the place to go.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at Kleiman Evangelista Eye Centers of Texas
- The doctors are very caring and explain everything clearly to their patients.
- The staff is always willing to help out and go the extra mile.
Barke Ronald M MD
910 N Davis Dr STE 400, Arlington, TX 76012
Barke Ronald M MD's office boasts knowledgeable doctors and helpful staff. Patients appreciate the straightforward approach to procedures without any unnecessary upselling. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a reliable and trustworthy lasik surgeon.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable when coming in for an appointment.
- The staff is very professional and friendly.
- Dr. Barke is one of the best eye doctors around, and his staff backs that up. They are always willing to help out with anything you need.
David A. Kleiman, M.D.
350 E Interstate 20, Arlington, TX 76018
Dr. Kleiman's patients are consistently satisfied with the quality of care they receive. The surgeries are successful and patients are pleased with the results. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a skilled and reliable lasik surgeon.
- People feel confident after consulting with Dr. Kleiman and feel that he is knowledgeable about their specific medical condition.
- The surgery went smoothly and the results were excellent.
- Dr. Kleiman was very communicative throughout the process, providing updates on my progress and answering any questions I had.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article