Best Eye Doctors In Plano, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Plano Optometrists in Plano, Plano, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Plano reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Plano.
Richardson Eye Associates
660 W Campbell Rd Suite 102, Richardson, TX 75080
Richardson Eye Associates is lauded for their welcoming staff, thorough eye exams, and outstanding customer service. Drs. Harris and Krause impress with their expertise, attentiveness, and dedication. However, the optical department has drawn complaints about delays and communication issues. Still, Richardson Eye Associates’ quality eye care makes them a premier choice.
- Friendly and efficient testing and eye exams
- Doctors take the time to explain findings and educate patients
- Professional and knowledgeable staff
Visionworks Parkway Crossing
810 N Central Expy, Plano, TX 75074
The majority of reviews for this eye care center were positive, with customers appreciating the helpful service from staff members Kaitlyn, Inna and Alex. However there was one negative review citing unprofessional conduct by a doctor, and some customers found appointment scheduling and contacting the office difficult.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff, specifically mentioning individuals like Kaitlyn, Inna, and Alex. They were commended for their assistance in choosing frames, maximizing insurance coverage, and ensuring a personalized experience.
- Efficient and quick service: Reviewers mentioned that their glasses were fixed in a matter of seconds for free, and that the staff helped them find glasses and complete their eye exams efficiently and promptly.
North Garland Vision
6850 N Shiloh Rd T, Garland, TX 75044
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients commend Drs. Suder and Bollish for comprehensive, professional eye exams and friendly staff. The clinic follows COVID-19 safety guidelines. A couple reviews cite delayed lens delivery and unexpected uncovered expenses.
- The doctors at North Garland Vision, particularly Dr. Suder and Dr. Bollish, are highly praised for their thorough and professional eye examinations. They take their time to explain test results and findings, as well as answer any questions patients may have.
- The staff at North Garland Vision is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They provide a great experience and are praised for their professionalism and customer service.
- Patients appreciate the COVID-19 safety protocols implemented by North Garland Vision, making them feel safe and protected during their appointments. Dr. Bollish is specifically mentioned for his excellent handling of safety measures during the pandemic.
Texas State Optical
3501 Custer Pkwy Ste 105, Richardson, TX 75080
Patients report the staff at this eye care center are friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Doctors conduct thorough eye exams, explaining results and answering questions. Patients appreciate the selection of eyewear and clean office environment.
- Friendly and Professional Staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at the eye care center. They are described as attentive, patient, and knowledgeable, providing a positive and welcoming experience for patients.
- Thorough and High-Quality Eye Exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness and quality of the eye exams conducted by the doctors at the center. Patients appreciate the time taken to explain exam results and answer questions, as well as the level of care and attention provided during the exams.
- Excellent Frame Selection: The eye care center is praised for its good frame selection. Patients mention being happy with their selections and enjoying the process of choosing glasses. The modern design of the center and the well-lit and open lobby area are also mentioned positively.
Sweeney Eye Associates
3610 Shire Blvd #208, Richardson, TX 75082
Sweeney Eye Associates receives positive reviews for its professional, thorough doctors and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients appreciate the modern equipment, comprehensive exams, quick scheduling, surgical expertise, and commitment to patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Top-notch people and equipment for a thorough and professional eye exam.
- Friendly and professional staff who explain procedures and options clearly, without any pressure.
Bunch Family Eye Care
3200 14th St Suite 400, Plano, TX 75074
The eye care center is highly rated for its efficient, accommodating staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors, especially Dr. Bunch. Patients value the time taken to explain eye health and lens options as well as the personalized, friendly service. Many reviewers express trust in Dr. Bunch’s team and say they would recommend the center for exams and other eye care.
- Same-day appointments: The eye care center accommodates emergency appointments and provides same-day service, ensuring responsiveness to urgent needs.
- Experienced and thorough optometrist: Dr. Bunch has been serving patients for over 30 years and is known for his use of the latest equipment for eye exams. He takes extra time to ensure patients receive the right lenses and provides detailed explanations about their eye health issues.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Numerous reviews highlight the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff at the eye care center. They make patients feel comfortable and provide excellent customer service.
5049 Central Expy, Plano, TX 75023
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its excellent customer service, easy scheduling, knowledgeable doctors, reasonable prices, smooth processes, and quick glasses turnaround. Patients appreciate the virtual exams, helpful staff like Heidi and Crystal, COVID safety measures, comprehensive exams, and contact lens deals. Anthony and Kyle are commended for their professionalism and service. Patients are satisfied and intend to return.
- Based on the reviews, here are 2-3 pros for the eye care center:
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviews mention that the staff at this location was pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. They were able to assist customers with scheduling appointments, explaining the process of the eye exam, helping with frame selection, and providing excellent customer service overall.
- Virtual eye exams available: Some reviewers were surprised and impressed by the option to have a virtual eye exam. This convenience allowed them to receive a thorough exam from a qualified doctor without the need for an in-person visit.
- Reasonable prices and good deals: Many customers mentioned that the prices for glasses and eye exams were reasonable, and there were various promotional offers available. This made it easier for them to stay within their budget while receiving quality eye care.
- Note: The provided pros are based solely on the reviews and may not reflect the overall experience at the eye care center. It is recommended to consider both positive and negative reviews to make an informed decision.
2313 W Parker Rd, Plano, TX 75023
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its eye exams, with patients citing thorough exams and helpful staff. A few customers had issues with the eyewear store, including problems with lens thickness and coatings. The center seems to provide quality eye care, though there may be some eyewear selection and fitting issues.
- Thorough eye exams with accurate prescriptions and personalized frame selection assistance.
- Comprehensive eye care with advanced technology and a knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Eye & Vision
3417 Spectrum Blvd Suite 100, Richardson, TX 75082
The first review highlights issues with staff communication and professionalism about contact lens prescriptions. The next two reviews commend Dr. Lee’s expertise, thorough examinations, and helpful staff. Additional reviews also convey positive experiences, noting Dr. Lee and his staff’s professionalism, kindness, and punctuality.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Dr. Lee is highly skilled in assessing vision and providing accurate prescriptions. He takes the time to explain options for contact lenses and ensures the most accurate prescription possible. He is also patient and meticulous in checking every single detail, giving a thorough eye exam.
- Professional and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as kind, professional, and knowledgeable. They answer all questions and provide excellent customer service. They are also accommodating and take good care of their patients. Danielle, Andrea, Rosie, Gabby, Julie, and Keith are mentioned as particularly helpful staff members.
- Efficient and punctual appointments: Patients appreciate that their appointments start on time and that the office is well-organized. The staff and Dr. Lee create an effective and professional environment. They prioritize patient comfort and make patients feel important and valued.
Constant Eye Care
3420 K Ave #153, Plano, TX 75074
Constant Eye Care is lauded for its professional staff, comprehensive eye exams, and wide selection of eyewear. However, some patients express dissatisfaction with the doctor’s approach to children and front desk interactions. Most highly recommend the practice for meeting eye care needs despite isolated negative reviews.
- Convenient location: The eye care center is conveniently located near the reviewer's home, making it easily accessible for eye exams and care.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers mention that the staff and doctors at Constant Eye Care are professional, knowledgeable, and provide thorough explanations during the eye exam.
- Great selection of glasses and contact lenses: The eye care center offers a wide selection of frames and contact lenses, making it easy to find the perfect fit for each individual's prescription.
Collin Creek Eye Clinic
2821 W Parker Rd #1, Plano, TX 75023
The eye care center is well-regarded for Dr. Patni’s expertise and clear communication, the kind and helpful front desk staff, and the caring and professional team. Patients appreciate the convenient free parking, short wait times, wide insurance acceptance, and personalized, honest care. Quick glasses repairs and positive optician interactions also receive favorable feedback.
- Knowledgeable and effective communication from Dr. Patni.
- Staff is kind, understanding, and can handle government eye exams.
- Eye doctors genuinely care, remember your name, and provide honest information instead of pushing products.
- Professional, nice, and efficient staff.
- Accepts most insurances.
- Quick and efficient repairs for eyeglasses.
- Courteous staff who take the time to understand and solve eye problems.
- Reasonable prices for exams and a clean, modern facility.
- Compassionate, honest, and friendly eye doctor.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.