Best Eye Doctors In Lubbock, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lubbock Optometrists in Lubbock, Lubbock, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lubbock reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lubbock.
The Vision Center, now part of MyEyeDr.
3104 Indiana Ave, Lubbock, TX 79410
The VisionCenter of West Texas receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly staff and efficient eye exams, though some customers find their glasses overpriced. Specific doctors like Dr. Reber and Dr. Fallin are highlighted for their warm and knowledgeable service. Though pricing is a concern, this practice comes recommended overall for eye care needs.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviewers praised the staff for being friendly and helpful, making the experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Several reviewers mentioned that the doctors were knowledgeable, attentive, and took the time to explain things and answer questions.
- Efficient and quick service: Many reviewers were impressed with the efficiency of the eye exams and the overall appointment process, with short wait times and quick diagnoses.
Wentz and Woodrich Eyecare
4015 84th St, Lubbock, TX 79423
Wentz and Woodrich Eyecare’s knowledgeable, personable doctors take time to explain and educate during eye exams. Patients describe the staff as kind, professional, and accommodating, creating a positive, welcoming experience. The office is modern and well-equipped with an impressive selection of frames. Patients highly recommend this center for comprehensive, thorough care.
- Knowledgeable and personable doctors: Both Dr. Wentz and Dr. Woodrich were highly praised for their knowledge and professionalism. They took the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel at ease during their eye exams.
- Efficient and accommodating service: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff at Wentz and Woodrich Eyecare were friendly, helpful, and efficient. Patients were seen quickly and the office worked to accommodate their needs, such as scheduling appointments sooner or providing samples of eye drops.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Patients consistently mentioned that their eye exams at this center were thorough and comprehensive. The doctors utilized new technology and equipment, taking the time to explain eye structure and function, ensuring a high level of care.
Lubbock Eye Clinic
3702 34th St, Lubbock, TX 79410
While most reviewers reported positive experiences with friendly, helpful staff, a few mentioned issues with communication, billing, and long wait times. Overall, the eye care center addressed exam concerns and is recommended.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, accommodating, and helpful throughout the eye exam process.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams: Reviewers praise the doctors for providing detailed and thorough eye exams, listening to their concerns, and addressing specific vision needs.
- Quick and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that they had short wait times and were able to complete their eye exams in under an hour, making the overall experience efficient.
Texas Tech Physicians: Ophthalmology Eye Clinic
3601 4th St, Lubbock, TX 79430
The eye care center is well-regarded for their knowledgeable doctors and caring staff. Patients highlight the thorough examinations by Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Dominguez. Many also appreciate the clinic’s friendly and respectful support team.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: Many reviewers appreciate the doctors at this eye care center, mentioning that they are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to explain everything in detail. They are also praised for their kindness and strong doctor-patient relationships.
- Excellent patient care: Several reviewers mention feeling well taken care of by the staff and doctors at this clinic. They appreciate the professionalism, kindness, and respect shown to them during their visits. The staff is also commended for making patients feel comfortable and easing their fears.
- High-quality equipment and service: Some reviewers mention that this eye care center has top-notch equipment and services. They appreciate the advanced technology used during their exams and procedures. Additionally, the clinic offers payment options, which is important to those without insurance.
Charles L Stockwell, OD
3601 4th St 2nd Floor, Lubbock, TX 79430
Dr. Stockwell receives consistent positive feedback for his attentive, caring approach and extensive knowledge. Patients describe feeling valued thanks to the friendly, efficient staff who thoroughly explain procedures. This professional clinic offers excellent eye care and personalized attention, meeting patients’ needs.
- Dr. Stockwell is highly recommended for his attentiveness, care for patients, and ability to address specific needs, including contact lens prescriptions.
- The staff creates a friendly and welcoming environment, making patients feel valued and important.
- Dr. Stockwell takes the time to explain procedures and ensures that patients have a full understanding of their eye health situation before leaving the office.
Dr. David L. Mccartney, MD
3601 4th St #2a100, Lubbock, TX 79430
Dr. McCartney receives consistently positive feedback for his professional, caring approach. Patients describe his examinations as thorough and appreciate his clear explanations and attentiveness to their questions and concerns. He comes highly recommended by many satisfied patients of all ages.
- Dr. McCartney is highly professional, caring, and knowledgeable. He takes his time to listen to patient concerns and ensures a thorough examination. Many patients appreciate his compassion and ability to explain procedures in layman's terms.
- The entire staff, including assistants and other doctors, are qualified and provide excellent care. Patients feel valued and appreciate the friendly and courteous environment.
- Dr. McCartney has successfully helped patients with various eye conditions and surgeries. He is skilled, dedicated, and goes above and beyond to improve vision and overall well-being. Patients trust and highly recommend him for eye care needs.
Laser Eye Center of Lubbock
4804 S Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79414
The eye care center receives acclaim for its knowledgeable staff, meticulous procedures, and successful surgical outcomes. Patients report feeling well-cared for throughout the process and are grateful for the resulting improved vision. In summary, the center is highly recommended for its professional and skilled service.
- Friendly and informative staff: Many reviews mention that the staff at the eye care center were friendly and were willing to provide information and answer any questions, making patients feel comfortable and well-informed.
- Successful vision correction: Several reviewers expressed satisfaction with the results of their eye surgery, stating that they now have clear vision without the need for glasses or contacts. This indicates a high success rate for vision correction procedures at the eye care center.
- Thorough explanation of procedures and risks: Multiple reviews highlight the fact that the eye care center provides detailed explanations of the procedures, expectations, and potential risks involved in eye surgery. This suggests that the center prioritizes educating patients and ensuring they have a clear understanding of the process.
West Texas Eye
3611 50th St, Lubbock, TX 79413
This eye care center is well-regarded for its professional staff, welcoming atmosphere, and clean facilities. Patients report comprehensive eye exams with clear explanations from doctors. A couple less favorable reviews cite insurance issues creating inconvenience and disappointing personal attention during appointments.
- Professional and thorough eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean and well-maintained offices and exam rooms
- Short wait times
- Excellent care and attention from the doctors and nurses
Friendly Eyes Optometry
6002 Slide Rd, Lubbock, TX 79414
Overall, most reviews were positive, highlighting the expedient eye exams, courteous staff, and Marissa’s outstanding customer service. A few negative reviews cited appointment and referral issues, though positive feedback predominated.
- Convenient virtual eye exams: Customers appreciate the ability to have their eye exams done remotely, which saves them time and allows for flexibility.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, making the overall experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- Quick and efficient service: Many customers highlight the quick and efficient service they received, with minimal wait times and prompt assistance from the staff.
Mitchell Kelly MD
3601 4th Street #2a100, Lubbock, TX 79430
Dr. Mitchell and staff receive mostly positive feedback for professional, caring service that puts patients at ease. However, one reviewer noted an insurance issue and asked for assistance.
- Dr. Mitchell and his staff are professional and caring, making patients feel comfortable and understood.
- Multiple reviewers describe Dr. Mitchell as an awesome and fantastic doctor.
- Patients have had positive experiences with the staff at this eye care center.
Family Vision Center
2704 82nd St, Lubbock, TX 79423
This eye care center is highly regarded for its attentive doctor who patients describe as kind, thorough and accommodating. Patients mention the doctor takes time to address concerns and offer additional resources. The overall experience is described as great.
- The eye care center provides a thorough and personalized experience, with the doctor giving full undivided attention and spending ample time with patients.
- The doctor is caring, sweet, and honest, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- The center offers additional resources and free items to help protect and improve eye health, such as books on diet and other health-related topics.
Ho Peter M T MD
3702 34th St, Lubbock, TX 79410
Customers recommend the eye care center, noting Dr. Peterson as helpful, thorough and explanatory during exams. The reviewer plans to return, appreciating the service. The staff is described as friendly.
- Highly recommended: Customers express their high satisfaction with the eye care center, particularly praising the thoroughness of Dr. Peterson and the quality of the service received during eye exams.
- Long-term eye health: Reviewer states that the eye care center has successfully kept their eyes healthy for many years, implying a track record of effective care.
- Friendly staff: Customers emphasize the welcoming and friendly nature of the staff, creating a positive and comfortable environment for eye care services.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.