Best Eye Doctors In Irving, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Irving Optometrists in Irving, Irving, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Irving reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Irving.
Tylock-George Eye Care and LASIK
3100 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75062
The eye care center receives positive feedback for the expertise and attentiveness of their staff. Patients mention the eye doctors’ detailed explanations and personalized recommendations. Many report improved vision and overall satisfaction with their eye exams and procedures.
- Tylock-George Eye Care offers a wide range of eye and vision tests during their annual eye exams, ensuring comprehensive care for their patients.
- The staff at Tylock-George Eye Care is professional, courteous, and knowledgeable, providing a positive and comforting experience for patients.
- Dr. Sanchez, one of the eye doctors at Tylock-George Eye Care, offers honest opinions and recommendations based on individual patient needs, prioritizing patient well-being over profits.
V EYE P Las Colinas: Eye Doctor in Irving, Texas
811 W Royal Ln #100, Irving, TX 75039
The eye care center is widely praised for thorough exams, friendly staff, and expertise of doctors like Dr. Patel. Many appreciate the guidance during exams and with frame selection. A few complaints focus on high prices, unexpected charges, and subpar customer service.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that they received the most thorough eye exams they've ever had. The staff took the time to fully explain the results and options to them, ensuring a high-quality and informative experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers appreciated the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center. They felt treated as individuals rather than just numbers, and staff members were praised for their compassion, friendliness, and willingness to answer questions.
- Assistance with frame selection: Several reviewers mentioned the helpfulness of the staff, particularly in assisting them with selecting frames that suited their style and budget. They felt that the staff listened to their preferences and made appropriate suggestions, making the process of choosing glasses much easier.
Beltline Vision Clinic
3725 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75038
The expert care and selection at Beltline Vision Clinic make it a top choice for eye exams and eyewear. Patients consistently commend the friendly, professional staff, Dr. Brian Smith’s attentive exams, and the clinic’s comfortable, welcoming environment. Many also praise the affordable prices, frame selection, and COVID safety measures.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough and attentive eye exams
- State-of-the-art facilities and safety protocols in place
Conrad Bryan, O.D.
2913 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75062
Dr. Bryan receives consistent positive feedback for his personable approach during eye exams. Patients highlight his attentiveness to explaining procedures and answering questions thoroughly. His office staff is regarded as friendly and efficient. With his excellent clinical care, upbeat personality and patient-focused care, Dr. Bryan comes highly recommended.
- Dr. Bryan is engaging, fun, friendly, and has a great sense of humor, making the eye exam experience enjoyable.
- Dr. Bryan is thorough in his examinations and explanations, earning trust and providing peace of mind for patients.
- The office staff is friendly, efficient, and patient-focused, providing a pleasant and quick experience.
3401 W Airport Fwy #122, Irving, TX 75062
The first customer was disappointed after being told their prescription did not qualify for a special offer. They felt misled and will not return. The second customer appreciated the great pricing on two pairs of glasses and the professional, attentive service. The third customer had a negative experience with their prescription glasses and found the staff unhelpful and insensitive.
- They offer affordable prices for eye exams and glasses, including special deals such as 2 pairs of glasses for $95.
- The staff is professional, attentive, and helpful in explaining options and walking customers through the process of getting an eye exam.
Irving Vision Care
204 S Nursery Rd Ste 168, Irving, TX 75060
Vision Care’s staff are consistently efficient and friendly, providing quick appointments with knowledgeable doctors who do thorough eye exams. Customers appreciate the helpful and kind staff’s assistance in selecting glasses. Despite some complaints about limited frame options and parking, most reviews highly recommend Vision Care for eye care needs.
- Fast and easy appointments, with quick eye exams and glasses selection.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who explain deals and answer questions.
- Open schedule, same-day or next-day appointments available.
- Accommodating with requests such as allowing customers to email ID copies or ordering glasses online.
- Sweet and kind staff, both receptionists and doctors, who make customers feel comfortable and informed.
- Good customer service and great value for glasses and lenses.
- Highly recommended by customers, even up to 200%.
- Family-friendly environment where children feel comfortable and happy.
- Excellent front desk service with helpful and knowledgeable staff.
- Great experience overall with friendly staff and professional service.
- Welcoming and friendly atmosphere throughout the clinic.
Eye To Eye Care
4020 N MacArthur Blvd Suite 102, Irving, TX 75038
The eye care center is well-reviewed for Dr. Tran’s attentive expertise and reasonable pricing, though one customer cited insurance billing issues.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They answer questions with a smile and make patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Dr. Tran's expertise: Dr. Tran is highly regarded as a skilled and knowledgeable eye doctor who takes the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment options to patients. He is described as personable, easy to talk to, and trustworthy.
- Good customer service and no pressure: Patients appreciate the excellent customer service provided at this eye care center. They mention that they did not feel pressured to purchase additional products or services and felt listened to and understood. The staff also ensures a seamless and timely experience, such as quick turnaround times for orders.
Dr. A. Joshi & Associates, Optometrists, PA
4100 W Airport Fwy UNIT 100, Irving, TX 75062
The clinic receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly staff, professional service, comprehensive eye exams, and affordable prices. One review does mention an impatient doctor.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Multiple reviews mentioned that the staff, including the assistants and doctors, were friendly and professional, providing a pleasant experience during eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye examinations: Many reviewers were pleased with the thoroughness of the eye examinations and the detailed answers provided to their questions, giving them confidence in the quality of the care received.
- Affordable prices and convenient scheduling: Several customers appreciated the affordable out-of-pocket prices and convenient scheduling options offered by the eye care center, making it accessible to a wide range of customers.
Spectocular Eyecare + Eyewear (Tilson Eyecare)
4070 N Belt Line Rd STE 168, Irving, TX 75038
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for the informative care provided by Drs. Shah and Tilson, who take time to explain procedures to patients. Patients appreciate the friendly staff, modern equipment, and wide selection of eyeglasses.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: Both Dr. Vidhi Shah and Dr. Tilson are praised for their ability to explain eye exam processes and conditions to patients, ensuring they understand their eye health and treatment options.
- Advanced equipment and technology: Spectocular Eyecare is noted for having state-of-the-art equipment and advanced technology, such as computerized eye exam letter charts and pressure test machines that are more comfortable for patients.
- Friendly and attentive staff: The staff at Spectocular Eyecare is described as friendly, helpful, and quick to assist with any needs or questions. They make patients feel comfortable and provide good service.
Tim Nguyen OD Eye Associates
3626 Irving Mall, Irving, TX 75062
This eye care center is highly recommended for friendly, knowledgeable doctors who take time to address patient questions and concerns. The office staff is largely praised as helpful and accommodating, though isolated complaints surfaced about rude receptionists and appointment cancellations. Overall, reviewers indicate quality, attentive eye care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff's friendliness and professionalism, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and competent exams: Patients appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams and the doctor's attention to detail. They felt confident in the quality of care they received.
- Convenient partnership with Visionworks: The eye care center has a good partnership with Visionworks, making it easy and convenient for patients to get glasses after their check-up.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.