Best Eye Doctors In Grand Prairie, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Grand Prairie Optometrists in Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Grand Prairie reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Grand Prairie.
Arlington Vision Source
1334 E Pioneer Pkwy, Arlington, TX 76010
The first review raises concerns about billing practices. The next two note the friendly staff, advanced technology, large frame selection, and positive experiences. The rest cite professional, efficient, and thorough eye exams and helpful, friendly staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and polite staff members at the eye care center. They are described as welcoming, helpful, and caring.
- Advanced diagnostic technologies: Reviewers appreciate the use of advanced diagnostic technologies, such as digital retina imaging, during eye exams. This allows for a detailed examination of the inner eye and optic nerve.
- Efficient and thorough eye exams: Several reviewers mention that their eye exams were quick, yet efficient and thorough. They were pleased with how the optometrists explained the exam results and answered their questions.
Paragon Eye Associates
801 W Randol Mill Rd # 201, Arlington, TX 76012
Paragon Eye Associates offers a clean facility and polite, knowledgeable doctors who thoroughly explain eye care. Patients appreciate the efficient exams and aid in selecting glasses, though some experienced long waits, prescription issues, and poor communication. Despite negatives, most recommend Paragon for quality eye care.
- Clean facility with welcoming, courteous, and polite staff.
- Efficient eye exams with knowledgeable and friendly eye care professionals.
- Offers on-site facility for purchasing contacts and eyeglasses.
Advanced Vision Care of North Arlington
827 E Lamar Blvd, Arlington, TX 76011
This eye care center offers a newly renovated office and friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients compliment the optometrists, especially Dr. Allison Price, for their thorough exams and attentive approach ensuring vision and eye health are well cared for. While some find frame prices overpriced compared to competitors, most customers report excellent experiences and highly recommend them for eye exams and care.
- The staff members are highly professional and provide exceptional customer service.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and treat patients like family, making them feel comfortable during eye exams.
- The office is clean and equipped with brand new equipment, ensuring a high-quality eye exam experience.
5224 TX-360 #200, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Patients generally have positive experiences at this eye care center, commenting on the fast appointments, helpful staff, and thorough exams. Many feel comfortable during visits, noting attentive care for children and Spanish speakers. A minority of reviews cited rushed exams and prescription issues, but most praise the professionalism and customer service.
- Fast and helpful service, with upfront options for payment with insurance or out of pocket.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams conducted by experienced doctors.
- Kid-friendly and thoughtful service, with appointments scheduled back to back for both adults and children.
1050 Mayfield Rd #100, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its helpful staff, quick service, extensive frame selections, accommodations like mobility assistance, effective virtual eye exams, and occasional promotional offers.
- Quick and efficient glasses repair service - The staff fixed a customer's glasses for free in less than 10 minutes, providing relief from discomfort and bruising.
- Helpful and attentive staff during the eye exam - A customer praised the staff member for being nice and super attentive during the eye exam, ensuring a great first visit.
- Accommodating and knowledgeable staff for customers with limited mobility - The staff demonstrated understanding and mindfulness towards a customer with limited mobility during the eye exam and helped them pick out the perfect pair of glasses based on their preferences and style.
Clarity Eye Care
2225 W Interstate 20, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Clarity Eye Care patients report an accommodating staff and informative exams by Dr. Tran. His explanations and attention to detail are appreciated. The office is clean, organized and welcoming. Patients express satisfaction and a willingness to continue using this highly rated eye care center.
- Friendly and welcoming staff, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- Thorough and informative eye exams, with doctors taking the time to explain each step and answer questions.
- Clean and organized office, with modern equipment providing advanced vision testing.
Beltline Vision Clinic
3725 N Belt Line Rd, Irving, TX 75038
Beltline Vision Clinic is highly regarded for their friendly, professional staff, clean facilities, and state-of-the-art equipment. Patients praise Dr. Brian for his attentive, thorough eye exams, appreciating how he listens to concerns and clearly explains each step. With quality eyewear options, reasonable pricing, and easy appointment booking, the clinic comes enthusiastically recommended for personalized, skilled eye care in a welcoming setting.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional staff at Beltline Vision Clinic, highlighting their warm greetings, attentive service, and caring attitude.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the thoroughness and attention to detail during their eye exams. They mention that the doctors take the time to listen to their concerns and explain the exam process, providing a personalized and comprehensive experience.
- Wide selection of frames for reasonable prices: Many reviews mention the great selection of frames at Beltline Vision Clinic, available at reasonable prices. This makes it easy for patients to find the perfect pair of glasses that fit their style and budget.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3166 S State Hwy 161 Suit 160, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
The eye care center is lauded for its expedient yet thorough eye exams. Patients highlight the staff’s kindness and professionalism, with many naming Dr. Tran and Anissa. Customers appreciate the assistance in finding affordable, stylish eyewear, the fully-staffed Saturdays, and the overall friendly atmosphere.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center are described as helpful, kind, and professional. They are attentive to customers' needs and provide excellent service throughout the visit.
- Affordable prices: Customers mention that the prices at this eye care center are a steal compared to other companies like LensCrafters. They appreciate the option to choose premium additions but find that they are not necessary if they are on a tight budget.
- Friendly and knowledgeable doctors: Customers highlight positive experiences with the doctors at this eye care center. They describe them as professional, nice, and knowledgeable, providing thorough eye exams and addressing any questions or concerns.
4110 N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76005
Customers highlight the eye care center’s friendly staff, thorough exams, helpful doctor explanations, trendy glasses selection, high-quality service, and modern equipment. Drs. Karanges, Nugyn, and Booker earn particular praise.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly and helpful, providing a pleasant experience during eye exams and throughout the visit.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Patients appreciate the doctors taking the time to explain their findings and providing comprehensive eye exams.
- Good selection of frames: The eye care center offers a wide range of trendy glasses for patients to choose from, ensuring they can find a style that suits them.
915 E Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX 76011
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting the friendly staff, professional eye doctors – especially Dr. Payal Doshi – and overall pleasant, thorough care. However, some comments criticized receptionists’ customer service and COVID-19 protocols. In general, patients describe a clean, convenient office with an efficient experience.
- Accepts insurance and offers on-the-spot appointments: Customers appreciate that this eye care center accepts insurance and provides immediate appointments, allowing for a convenient and efficient experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviews highlight the professionalism, friendliness, and thoroughness of the doctors at this eye care center. Customers feel comfortable and well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Convenient location and flexible scheduling: Reviewers praise the convenient location and flexible scheduling options, including walk-ins and Sunday appointments. This makes it easier for customers to fit eye care appointments into their busy schedules.
1102 W Pioneer Pkwy #115, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Lensworks Eye Care provides a friendly, peaceful atmosphere with affordable prices and excellent customer service. Reviewers appreciated the fast service for glasses and contacts and the knowledgeable, thorough staff. One negative review cited poor communication and delays in sunglass repairs. Overall, Lensworks is highly recommended for comprehensive eye care, a wide selection of frames, and a great customer experience.
- Affordable eye exams: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offers affordable prices for their eye exams, making it a cost-effective option for those seeking eye care services.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for its outstanding customer service. They mentioned that the staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to go above and beyond to assist them in finding the perfect glasses or contact lenses.
- Quick turnaround time: Several customers mentioned that the eye care center had a quick turnaround time for their glasses and contact lenses. They were able to get their prescriptions filled and walk out with their new eyewear in as little as 30 minutes or within an hour.
First Eye Care Grand Prairie
2634 S Carrier Pkwy #101, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Customers appreciate the friendly staff and thorough eye exams by Dr. Pham. While a few had issues with front desk staff or wait times, most reviewers rave about the exceptional service and glasses selection.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and helpful. They provide excellent customer service and make patients feel comfortable during their visits.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers consistently praise the optometrists at this location for their thoroughness and professionalism during eye exams. They take the time to answer questions, explain different options, and ensure that patients receive accurate prescriptions.
- Wide selection of glasses and prompt service: Several reviews mention the wide variety of frame choices available at this eye care center. Additionally, multiple reviewers appreciate the fast and efficient service when it comes to ordering and receiving glasses or contact lenses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.