Best Eye Doctors In Fort Worth, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Fort Worth Optometrists in Fort Worth, Fort Worth, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Fort Worth reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Fort Worth.
1201 Summit Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly, professional staff and knowledgeable, thorough doctors who provide excellent care during exams. A few negative reviews cite long wait times, billing issues, and some disrespectful behavior toward elderly patients.
- The staff members are well trained, friendly, and professional. They provide a thorough eye exam and give patients plenty of time to ask questions and address concerns.
- The office and surgical center provide a friendly and pleasant experience, with a focus on exceptional service and professionalism. Patients over 70 especially appreciate the welcoming environment.
- Dr. Roberts is highly recommended for his patience and care, especially when examining young children. Parents should feel confident bringing their babies in for an eye exam with him.
Texas Eye and Laser Center
3405 Locke Ave Ste 100, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Texas Eye and Laser Center receives positive feedback for their comprehensive exams and skilled doctors. Reviewers describe the staff as welcoming and praise their exemplary follow-up care. However, one review mentions an encounter with a rude, impatient doctor – a reminder that experiences can vary.
- Comprehensive eye care: Texas Eye and Laser Center is praised for having all the comprehensive equipment for total eye health in one facility, ensuring a thorough and accurate diagnosis.
- Excellent physicians: The doctors at Texas Eye and Laser Center are highly recommended for their expertise and ability to answer questions, conduct comprehensive eye exams, and provide accurate diagnoses.
- State-of-the-art equipment: The center is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, ensuring a high-quality and advanced eye exam experience.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff and technicians are described as welcoming, accommodating, and friendly, providing a positive experience from initial phone contact to the office visit.
- Excellent referrals: Patients have received excellent referrals to retinal specialists, indicating that the center takes a comprehensive approach to eye care and ensures patients receive the necessary follow-up care.
- Efficient and timely appointments: While appointments for comprehensive eye exams may take some time to get, there are often cancellations, allowing for earlier appointments if needed. The center is praised for being busy but not overbooked.
CHROMA modern Eyewear Eyecare
1700 Montgomery St, Fort Worth, TX 76107
This eye care center receives mostly glowing reviews for its friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere, knowledgeable doctors like Choksi, V and Barber, and use of high-tech equipment. One reviewer did note miscommunication about extra tests and fees, but most patients highly recommend the exceptional service and quality care.
- Friendly and courteous staff who provide a positive experience during eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough optometrists who correct prescriptions and explain the health of your eyes.
- Clean and modern facility with high-tech equipment for eye exams.
Southwest Family Eye Health Center
1300 W Rosedale St # B, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Dr. Loy’s eye care center is known for thorough exams, kind and attentive doctors who take time to explain, and a professional yet friendly staff. Patients recommend them for their comprehensive services.
- Thorough and detailed eye examinations
- Outstanding customer service and friendly staff
- Dr. Loy takes the time to explain everything and offers options and choices in eye care
Pediatric Eye Specialists
321 S Henderson St, Fort Worth, TX 76104
The eye care center is well-reviewed for their friendly staff, insightful doctors, and customer service, though some patients reported rude staff behavior and prescription errors. Many patients complimented Drs. Norman and Hunt’s professional and child-friendly manner.
- Friendly and understanding staff: The eye care center has a great staff that is friendly and understanding, especially towards children with special needs such as autism.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors: The doctors at the eye care center are professional, nice, and knowledgeable. They take their time to answer questions and provide detailed information about procedures and tests.
- Family-friendly environment: The eye care center is clean and kid-friendly, making children feel comfortable during their appointments. They also have a dark room specifically for babies.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
2600 W 7th St Suite 145, Fort Worth, TX 76107
This eye care center received mostly positive feedback. Patients found the eye exams efficient and staff friendly. A couple negative reviews cited poor customer service and pricing concerns.
- Quick and easy eye exams with helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that their eye exams were quick and easy, with helpful staff members assisting them throughout the process.
- Friendly and patient staff: Many reviewers praised the friendly and patient staff at the eye care center. They felt comfortable and well taken care of during their visits, even if they hadn't had an eye exam in years.
- Knowledgeable and informative staff: The staff members were knowledgeable and willing to answer questions about frames, vision, and insurance. They took the time to explain the details and provide detailed explanations during eye exams and glasses purchases.
Metroplex Eye Care
301 Carroll St, Fort Worth, TX 76107
The friendly staff provides thorough exams and helpful service, earning positive reviews. Patients appreciate the efficient doctors and informative exams. Customers consistently have great experiences and recommend this eye care center.
- The doctors are great and efficient.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
- The eye exam is thorough and provides useful information.
- The prices are reasonable.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and provide a positive experience.
Cornea Associates of Texas
1101 6th Ave Ste 100, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Drs. Bowman and Zaffos of the eye care center are highly recommended by patients for their professionalism, expertise, and exceptional care. Dr. Bowman’s kind staff is noted. Dr. Zaffos is particularly skilled in cornea transplants. Patients recommend both doctors for meeting eye care needs.
- Highly recommended doctors: Both Dr. Bowman and Dr. Zaffos are highly recommended by multiple patients, indicating their expertise in providing eye care and performing surgeries.
- Professional and attentive staff: The staff at the eye care center are consistently praised for their professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness to patients' concerns, creating a positive and welcoming environment.
- Successful transplant surgeries: Several patients mention successful cornea transplant surgeries performed by Dr. Bowman and Dr. Zaffos, highlighting their skill and knowledge in advanced vision care.
Dwayne L Roberts, M.D.
1201 Summit Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Dr. Roberts provides attentive, thorough eye care and clear explanations. His kind, personable manner earns consistent praise. The professional, caring staff and comfortable, efficient office also draw positive reviews. Patients recommend Dr. Roberts and Ophthalmology Associates for quality eye care.
- Dr. Roberts is kind, takes his time with patients, answers all questions, and has a personable and friendly demeanor.
- The staff at Ophthalmology Associates are professional, caring, and provide thorough and efficient service.
- Dr. Roberts specializes in dry eye and is able to provide effective treatment plans for patients with this condition.
2300 W 7th St Suite 132, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Reviews indicate issues with Dr. Marcopulos’ conduct, including pressuring patients and inappropriate remarks. Delays and problems getting glasses were also noted. However, staff received positive feedback for professionalism, expertise, and attentiveness.
- Courteous and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being friendly, knowledgeable, and providing great customer service.
- Thorough and modern eye exams: Several reviewers praised the optometrists for their thoroughness during the eye exams and the use of up-to-date technology.
- Convenient appointment times: One reviewer specifically mentioned being able to easily schedule an appointment after work hours, making it convenient for busy individuals.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.