Best Eye Doctors In El Paso, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed El Paso Optometrists in El Paso, El Paso, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze El Paso reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in El Paso.
Sun Laser Vision Center
5920 Cromo Dr, El Paso, TX 79912
Sun Laser Vision Center receives excellent reviews for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, excellent surgical results, and robust COVID safety protocols. Specific doctors like Dr. Foote, David, and Cindy are commended for positive patient experiences. Popular procedures like LASIK, PRK, and ICL show high patient satisfaction with significantly improved vision. Pricing draws praise as competitive. Patients overwhelmingly recommend the center for the quality care received.
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff: The staff at Sun Laser Vision Center is described as friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable. They take the time to answer questions and explain procedures, making patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Clean and Safe Environment: Patients appreciate the cleanliness and safety protocols at Sun Laser Vision Center. The facility is described as clean, with hand sanitizers available and equipment wiped down before use. All patients and staff are required to wear masks, ensuring a safe environment.
- Affordable Options: The center offers affordable options, including special pricing for law enforcement and government employees. They also provide financing options, such as CareCredit, with 0% interest for 18 months, making eye care and procedures more accessible to patients.
LASIK, CORNEA & CATARACT SPECIALTY CENTER
600 N Laurel St, El Paso, TX 79903
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its professional, friendly staff and clean, comfortable environment. Patients appreciate the comprehensive eye exams and doctors who take time to answer questions and explain procedures. Many also comment on convenient appointment availability and personalized service.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and professional attitude of the staff members, including the doctors, receptionists, and medical assistants.
- Timely appointments: Some reviewers had positive experiences with minimal waiting time in the waiting room and appointments that fit their schedules.
- Professional and informative doctors: The doctors were praised for their professionalism, knowledge, and willingness to answer questions and explain procedures to patients.
Sun Eye Care PA
5920 Cromo Dr, El Paso, TX 79912
Sun Eye Care provides thorough, prompt eye exams. Patients appreciate the caring, knowledgeable staff who take time to answer questions and provide excellent service. The clinic is recommended for its compassionate, professional care. Some reviewers expressed satisfaction with surgeries performed by Dr. Foote.
- Prompt and efficient care: Multiple reviews mention that the eye care center provides prompt service, especially for urgent eye issues. They prioritize getting patients in quickly and efficiently, providing thorough eye exams and promptly addressing any problems.
- Caring and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews praise the staff for their friendliness, professionalism, and compassion. Patients feel well taken care of and appreciate the time taken by the doctors to answer questions and explain procedures. The staff is also knowledgeable and provides helpful information to patients.
- Comprehensive eye care: The eye care center offers a wide range of services, including routine exams, LASIK and PRK evaluations, and treatment for serious eye conditions. They can take care of various eye care needs, making it a one-stop shop for all things eye-related.
University Vision Centre – Westside Office
3800 N Mesa St suite b-1, El Paso, TX 79902
Customers praise University Vision Centre West’s courteous and knowledgeable staff for their excellent patient care. Thorough, detailed eye exams utilize modern equipment rarely seen elsewhere. However, some reviews cite long wait times and issues with the optical department involving delayed or incorrect glasses orders. In general, most customers highly recommend them for eye exams and glasses.
- Courteous and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at University Vision Centre West is friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. This creates a positive and welcoming environment for patients during their eye exams.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Many reviewers praised the eye exams at this location, stating that they were thorough, detailed, and included tests they had never experienced before. This indicates that the eye care center uses advanced equipment and techniques to provide comprehensive eye exams.
- Great selection of frames: Several reviewers mentioned that University Vision Centre West has a wide selection of top-name brand frames to choose from. This gives patients plenty of options when selecting their new glasses.
Buena Vista Eye Care
1300 Murchison Dr Ste 140, El Paso, TX 79902
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Patients describe the staff as polite, attentive and friendly. Drs. Acosta and Ramirez earn high marks for their thorough, professional exams that put patients at ease. A few negative comments concern one secretary’s perceived rudeness and lack of helpfulness. Still, most reviewers highly recommend the center for its excellent customer service.
- Polite and attentive staff
- Dr. Acosta is great with kids and makes them feel comfortable during eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
655 Sunland Park Dr Suite E-1, El Paso, TX 79912
Eyemart Express draws positive reviews for affordable prices and efficient service. Customers appreciate the helpful staff, quick turnaround, and wide frame selection. However, some reviewers report issues with unwelcoming service and lack of attention. Still, Eyemart is a recommended choice for budget-friendly eyeglasses.
- Affordable pricing: Customers appreciate that Eyemart Express offers glasses at a reasonable price, allowing them to purchase multiple pairs without breaking the bank.
- Quick turnaround time: Many reviewers noted that they were able to pick up their glasses on the same day or within a short period of time, highlighting the efficiency of the service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The employees at Eyemart Express are described as kind, patient, and knowledgeable. They provide excellent customer service and assist customers in choosing the perfect frames.
The Cataract and Glaucoma Center – Southwest Eye Institute
4171 N Mesa St Building D Suite 100, El Paso, TX 79902
Patients consistently praise the eye care center’s kind, courteous staff and thorough eye exam explanations. They especially appreciate Drs. Tafoya and Alpern for their excellent care over the years. The well-organized office and professional, helpful staff also earn high marks, indicating this is a recommended center for quality eye care.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center are kind, courteous, and helpful. They are described as being patient, providing assistance with a smile, and creating a comfortable and welcoming environment.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the time and attention that the doctors at this eye care center dedicate to explaining each step of the eye exam process. They are described as being professional, taking the time to listen and address concerns, and providing detailed information about eye conditions and treatment options.
- Efficient and well-organized office: Patients mention that the office is efficiently run, with quick check-ins and minimal waiting times. The staff is praised for being attentive, efficient in performing eye tests, and ensuring a pleasant overall experience. The doctors are also commended for their thorough explanations and commitment to staying on top of patients' diagnoses.
750 Sunland Park Dr, El Paso, TX 79912
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its thorough and efficient eye exams performed by knowledgeable and friendly staff. Customers also appreciate the center’s convenient location, clean facilities, and efficient service. A few customers raised issues with communication, customer service, and contact lens quality.
- Thorough Eye Exams: Customers praised the optometrist for conducting thorough eye exams and ensuring they understood the difference between different types of lenses.
- Quality Customer Service: Multiple customers appreciated the high-quality customer service provided by the staff. They found the employees to be pleasant, helpful, patient, and efficient.
- Convenient and Clean: Customers mentioned that the location was conveniently close to their optometrist's office and found the store to be clean and well-sanitized, especially during the pandemic.
El Paso Optical Center – Drs. Baptiste & Ekery (Ret.)
4724 Montana Ave, El Paso, TX 79903
The eye care center receives largely positive reviews for their COVID safety protocols and friendly, efficient service. Patients commend Dr. Baptiste as personable, knowledgeable and thorough. One negative review cites unethical billing and rude staff, but this appears an anomalous complaint against an otherwise well-regarded practice.
- Safe and COVID-19 precautions: The office follows strict safety protocols, including temperature checks, questionnaires, and sanitization, creating a safe environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Dr. Baptiste is praised for being attentive, knowledgeable, and thorough during eye exams. Patients feel that their needs are addressed, and they are provided with treatment options.
- Excellent service and friendly staff: The staff at El Paso Optical Center is described as kind, friendly, and professional, creating a welcoming and positive experience for patients.
Michael F. Maldonado, OD, MBA
4801 Alberta Ave, El Paso, TX 79905
Dr. Maldonado provides attentive care, addressing patients’ concerns and resulting in improved vision. His expertise and professionalism are appreciated.
- Dr. Maldonado is highly knowledgeable and has expertise in helping with vision issues, particularly with getting the correct contact prescription.
- He is attentive, listens to concerns, and takes the time to explain the situation with aging eyes, providing a clear diagnosis.
- The service is fast, friendly, and reliable, with offices that are nice and comfortable.
Dr. Lawrence Tafoya
4171 N Mesa St D100, El Paso, TX 79902
Patients consistently commend Dr. Tafoya’s attentive approach and clear explanations of eye conditions and treatments. His warm, friendly staff help put patients at ease. The reviews enthusiastically recommend this practice for various eye care needs.
- Little to no wait time for appointments.
- Dr. Tafoya is highly conscientious and provides thorough explanations of conditions and treatment options.
- Dr. Tafoya has a warm and pleasant personality, making patients feel comfortable and confident in his skills.
Advanced Vision Solutions
421 Executive Center Blvd, El Paso, TX 79902
Dr. Angela C. Koplos provides attentive care at this eye center. She helped a patient with poor vision find a solution and improve their quality of life. The professional, caring staff are also appreciated.
- Dr. Angela C. Koplos provides detailed, caring, and professional eye care, going above and beyond for her patients.
- The staff at this eye care center is thoroughly professional and genuinely cares for their patients.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglases
6101 Gateway Blvd W C5-C6, El Paso, TX 79925
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for providing a professional yet personal experience. Patients comment on the friendly staff and appreciate the time taken to thoroughly explain procedures and options. While no provider is perfect, any concerns expressed are taken seriously and addressed promptly. Overall, customers recommend this eye care center for its exceptional service.
- Positive customer experience: Many customers express their love for the eye care center, indicating a positive overall experience. This suggests that the staff and service provided are likely to be friendly, efficient, and customer-oriented.
- Gratefulness: The reviewer expresses their thanks, indicating that the eye care center likely provides quality service or resolves any issues that the reviewer may have had. This suggests that the eye care center values customer satisfaction and strives to meet their needs.
Envision Eye Care
2222 Montana Ave #3602, El Paso, TX 79903
This eye care center is praised for its welcoming staff, knowledgeable doctor, and accommodations for those with special needs. However, some reviews mentioned issues with a former staff member, long waits, and mediocre service.
- Outstanding customer service, especially for special needs patients.
- Friendly and welcoming staff that make you feel cared for.
- Knowledgeable and patient doctor who takes the time to explain things.
Dr. Mario A. Di Pascuale
600 N Laurel St, El Paso, TX 79903
Dr. Di Pascuale earns high marks for his compassionate care and surgical skill. While some patients report longer than ideal wait times, his expertise with various eye diseases makes him a trusted choice.
- Dr. Di Pascuale is attentive, takes his time, and answers all questions, making patients feel confident and cared for.
- The staff is friendly and accommodating, providing excellent customer service.
- The eye center offers a range of treatments and surgeries, including cataract surgery and PRK, and is skilled in addressing specific vision problems.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.