Best Eye Doctors In Dallas, TX
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Dallas Optometrists in Dallas, Dallas, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Dallas reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Dallas.
Envy Eye Care
3858 Oak Lawn Ave Ste 400, Dallas, TX 75219
Eye Envy patients compliment the welcoming staff and Dr. Kate Tran’s clear communication. They value the office’s efficient appointments utilizing advanced technology like retinal scans. Patients strongly recommend Eye Envy for thorough eye exams and attentive care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and helpful staff at Eye Envy. This creates a welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Reviews consistently praised the thoroughness and efficiency of the eye exams at this location. Patients appreciated the detailed explanations of their exam results and the use of advanced technology.
- Quick and easy appointment scheduling: Several reviews mentioned the ease of scheduling appointments, with options for same-day appointments and quick verification of insurance benefits. This makes it convenient for patients to get the care they need in a timely manner.
Eye Pieces Dallas
3699 McKinney Ave #321, Dallas, TX 75204
The eye care center was appreciated for its welcoming staff, comprehensive exams, and style. Doctors were commended for expertise while helping clients choose eyewear. A few concerns involved billing clarity and extra charges.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Customers consistently mention the friendly and patient staff at this eye care center. They feel welcomed and well taken care of during their visits.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams: Reviewers appreciate the quick yet thorough eye exams conducted by the doctors at this location. They feel that their eyesight is accurately evaluated and any concerns are addressed.
- Wide selection of designer eyewear: The eye care center offers a large selection of beautiful designer eyewear, allowing customers to find glasses that suit their preferences and budget.
3636 McKinney Ave #120, Dallas, TX 75204
The friendly eye care center has a majority of positive reviews highlighting their knowledgeable doctors who thoroughly explain eye exams and helpful staff that assist in selecting frames and vision insurance.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's expertise and willingness to answer questions, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Thorough eye exams: Dr. Orm and Dr. Zellers are praised for taking their time during exams and providing detailed insights and recommendations, even for unique prescriptions.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviewers appreciate the helpfulness and patience of the receptionists, particularly Deva and Christina, who went above and beyond to assist with frame selection and insurance inquiries.
2417 N Haskell Ave., Dallas, TX 75204
Customers appreciate Maria’s exceptional service, attentiveness, and ability to clearly explain insurance and pricing. Her knowledge, patience, and assistance with repairs draw positive reviews. Friendly, helpful staff also contribute to an excellent patient experience at this eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff, specifically Maria, being knowledgeable and helpful. They were patient, informative, and willing to answer questions, making the experience pleasant for customers.
- Excellent customer service: Several reviewers praised the exceptional customer service they received at this eye care center. From scheduling last-minute appointments to fixing glasses quickly, the staff, particularly Maria, went above and beyond to ensure a positive and memorable experience for customers.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere: The receptionist and staff at the eye care center were described as friendly and welcoming by multiple reviewers. This created a positive environment and added to the overall satisfaction of customers.
Plaza Vision Center
700 N Pearl St #N200, Dallas, TX 75201
Dr. Newman provides comprehensive eye care and resolves various issues. His knowledgeable, friendly staff do thorough exams and help select frames. Patients trust Dr. Newman to provide exceptional care, even in emergencies. Most reviewers highly recommend him and his team for their expertise and dedication.
- Comprehensive eye care: Dr. Newman and his team are highly knowledgeable and provide thorough and comprehensive eye care, including accurate prescriptions, fitting for contact lenses, and complete eye exams.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at this eye care center are friendly, courteous, and make patients feel comfortable. They are helpful in providing information about frame prices and assisting in frame selection after insurance.
- Trustworthy and attentive: Patients appreciate Dr. Newman's transparency with pricing, his patience in answering questions, and his genuine care and concern for their vision needs. Many patients have been going to him for decades and trust him as their optometrist.
3710 Rawlins St #100, Dallas, TX 75219
Uptown Vision is lauded for their exceptional eye care, professional expertise, and personalized attention during examinations. The office’s modern amenities and friendly staff also draw praise. However, some patients cite issues purchasing glasses or contacts and unsatisfactory reception desk service.
- Exceptional Service and Care: The eye care center is praised for its outstanding service and exceptional care. The staff goes above and beyond to make patients feel welcome and valued, while the optometrist exhibits professionalism, expertise, and attentiveness to patients' concerns.
- Personalized and Meticulous Eye Examinations: Patients appreciate the optometrist's meticulous approach to eye examinations, conducting comprehensive assessments and leaving no stone unturned. The attention to detail and commitment to eye health give patients peace of mind.
- Excellent Staff and Friendly Atmosphere: The staff at the eye care center is described as friendly and personable. Patients feel warmly welcomed and well-attended to throughout their visit. The office also exudes a comfortable and inviting atmosphere.
Oak Cliff Ophthalmology, PA: Jeffrey Robertson, MD
1114 N Bishop Ave, Dallas, TX 75208
Dr. Robertson’s Oak Cliff Opthomology is lauded for professional, friendly service and attentive care. Patients value Dr. Robertson’s meticulous eye exams and informative consultations. His knowledgeable staff draws acclaim for assisting with frames. However, one reviewer cited problematic customer service and mishandled contact lens orders. In general, Dr. Robertson and his team come highly recommended for their expertise and patient focus.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Multiple reviews mention the warm and friendly nature of the staff, highlighting their patience and willingness to answer questions.
- Excellent doctor: Dr. Robertson receives high praise for his knowledge, thoroughness, and use of modern techniques. Patients appreciate his personal approach, attention to detail, and commitment to preventing vision loss.
- Convenient and efficient: The office is praised for its convenient location, ample parking, and same-day appointments. Patients also mention short waiting times and efficient examinations that still provide a thorough experience.
Bright Eyes Vision
5304 Junius St, Dallas, TX 75214
Bright Eyes Vision provides thorough and informative eye exams by Drs. Tran and Le. Reviewers praise the friendly, helpful staff. Most had an enjoyable experience and recommend Bright Eyes for exams and glasses. However, one reviewer reported feeling pressured by front desk staff to purchase unnecessary tests and products.
- Excellent eye exams with no pressure to purchase glasses: Multiple reviewers mention that they had positive experiences with their eye exams at this center, with no pushy sales pitches for glasses at the end.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Reviewers frequently mention the friendly and helpful nature of the staff, including the optometrists Dr. Tran, Dr. Le, and Dr. Pham. They explain procedures and options clearly and take the time to ensure patients are educated and satisfied with their choices.
Cedar Springs Eye Clinic
2525 Lucas Dr #3, Dallas, TX 75219
This eye care center receives largely favorable reviews for its friendly staff, affordable pricing, and comprehensive exams. A few customers did report dissatisfaction with long wait times and a rude receptionist. While eye care services appear high quality overall, some improvements to customer service could be beneficial.
- Affordable prices compared to other places
- Attentive and friendly staff, providing personalized service
- Thorough and complete eye exams with knowledgeable doctors
1415 Main St #100, Dallas, TX 75202
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its helpful staff, wide selection of glasses, and attentive doctors who provide thorough exams. Patients value the expertise and personalized care during appointments, including aid in selecting suitable frames. Additional compliments mention the convenient location and clean facilities.
- The staff is helpful and welcoming, providing assistance in finding the right glasses.
- The doctor is thorough and shows concern for the patients' well-being.
- The office has a nice and clean environment, with reasonable prices and a great selection of glasses.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Texas
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Texas experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Texas, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Texas
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Texas.
- The In Texas in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 14% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.21% of the general population. and In Texas in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.1%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.21%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Texas
- In Texas, 6.21% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Texas
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.38% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.51% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Texas face even higher rates at 9.71%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Texas
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Texas.
- 14% of those with diabetes and 10.1% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Texas
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.23% of children in Texas having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.24% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Texas
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.21% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Texas.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.