Best LASIK Surgeon In Nashville, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 167 LASIK Surgeons in Nashville, TN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 4077 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Nashville.
Wang Vision Institute Nashville
1801 West End Ave #1150, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
Patients highly recommend the Wang Vision Institute for LASIK and SMILE procedures. The staff is described as professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, and they provide thorough explanations of the procedures and post-surgery routines. Many patients commend Dr. Guduru for his precision and kindness. Patients also appreciate the cleanliness of the office, ease of scheduling, and quick recovery time. Some patients also mention positive experiences with other services offered by Wang Vision Institute, such as Botox and cataract replacement surgery.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff
- Advanced, less invasive procedures such as SMILE offered
- Excellent results and improved vision for patients
Loden Vision Centers - Nashville Office
2501 21st Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212, United States
Patients have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Loden Vision Centers. Most speak highly of the entire staff, including the surgeons, and mention feeling comfortable throughout the process. Many had their vision improved beyond their expectations and a few note the high level of professionalism in the facility. Some patients mentioned a bit of a wait time, and some were not satisfied with the communication about scheduling and dilation. However, these seem to be outliers and do not represent the majority of the reviews. Overall, patients highly recommend Loden Vision Centers for Lasik and cataract procedures.
- Highly efficient and friendly staff
- Courteous, professional and caring doctors
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment
Loden Vision Centers - Goodlettsville Office
520 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN 37072, United States
Patients have overwhelmingly positive experiences with this lasik surgeon practice. Many patients note that the procedure is easy, quick, and painless, and that they notice improved vision immediately. Patients appreciate the professionalism and friendliness of the staff, and many note that they were well-informed throughout the process. Some patients also mention successful cataract surgery and excellent bedside manner from the doctors. The few negative reviews mention issues with appointments or staff interactions, but these are rare. Overall, patients highly recommend this lasik surgeon practice.
- Quick and painless LASIK procedure with immediate positive results
- Experienced and knowledgeable staff that provides excellent patient care
- Thorough and detailed explanation of procedures and treatments, as well as attentive aftercare
317 Seven Springs Way Suite 102, Seven Springs, TN 37027
Patients praise the Lasik MD practice and staff for their professionalism, knowledgeable and friendly demeanor, and thoroughness throughout the process. They appreciate the well-explained procedures and patient care, along with the quick and painless surgery. Many say the surgery is life-changing, and they are extremely satisfied with their results and the overall experience. Patients recommend the practice highly and note affordability and transparency in pricing as well. However, some patients had a negative experience with the surgery, or the financing process, and had mixed feelings about the staff.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff that makes patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the whole Lasik process.
- Smooth and quick procedure, with many patients reporting seeing better than ever and life-changing vision.
- Great customer service and transparent explanation of pricing options, payment plans, aftercare, and what to expect long term.
317 Seven Springs Way Suite 102, Seven Springs, TN 37027, United States
Visiting this Lasik surgeon practice is a positive experience according to reviewers who appreciated the professionalism, knowledgeability, and caring nature of the staff. Patients describe the process as well-explained and transparent with the use of the best technology resulting in life-changing results. While some reviewers reported discomfort and dry eyes, the surgery was beneficial and worth the cost. The one negative review mentioned issues with financing and customer service, but most patients had exceptional experiences and would recommend this practice to others in need of Lasik surgery.
- Knowledgeable and professional staff
- Thorough explanation of the process and attentive care
- Successful outcomes with improved vision
Vision for Life: Jeffrey D. Horn, M.D.
4230 Harding Pike g6, Nashville, TN 37205
Patients rave about Dr. Horn and his staff at Vision for Life, praising their professionalism, friendliness, and thoroughness. The surgeries are described as painless and life-changing, with many patients returning to enjoy better than 20/20 vision. Dr. Horn is known for his attention to detail and personal care, but patients should be prepared for longer wait times during appointments. Some patients report issues with scheduling, but overall, the practice receives overwhelmingly positive reviews.
- Dr. Horn and his staff are highly professional and knowledgeable, providing excellent care and service.
- Patients have reported life-changing results in their vision, with some going from legally blind to having 20/15 vision after surgery.
- The practice is well-organized and efficient, with appointments running on time and staff being helpful in securing necessary drops and prescriptions for post-surgery care.
2204 Crestmoor Rd, Nashville, TN 37215, United States
The Toyos Clinic is highly recommended for eye care needs, with many positive reviews about their SMILE procedure for laser vision correction. The staff is noted to be friendly, patient, and professional, with special mentions for Mary as an excellent assistant. Dr. Toyos is praised for his expertise and reassurance during procedures. The clinic is noted for its innovative technology and effective treatments for dry eyes and skincare. A few negative reviews mention issues with customer service or delays in receiving prescriptions, but overall, the Toyos Clinic is seen in a positive light by its patients.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeon who performs successful procedures, such as SMILE and cataract surgeries, that vastly improve patients' vision, resulting in no longer needing glasses or contacts.
- Friendly, patient, and caring staff who answer all patients' questions and make them feel comfortable throughout the entire process, as well as provide excellent customer service and responsiveness.
- Use of revolutionary technology, such as IPL and the Q, that effectively addresses patients' dry eye and MGD concerns, making Toyos Clinic a go-to destination for those with such issues, and even draws people from all over the world to find answers.
2204 Crestmoor Rd, Nashville, TN 37215
Patients rave about the caring and professional staff at Toyos Clinic, especially Mary and Josh, who answered all their questions and provided excellent service. Dr. Melissa and Rolando Toyos are revered for their expertise and the life-changing SMILE procedure they perform, which provides 20/20 vision and quick recovery times. The clinic's advanced technology, including IPL and the Q, make it a go-to location even for complicated cases like chronic dry eye. Overall, patients appreciate the Toyos Clinic's warm hospitality, revolutionary treatments, and exceptional customer service.
- Highly skilled and experienced doctors and staff who provide top-notch care and customer service.
- State-of-the-art procedures like SMILE and IPL that have helped patients achieve better vision or relief from dry eyes and other eye-related problems.
- Quick and easy procedures with minimal pain or discomfort, and fast recovery times that allow patients to return to their daily activities soon after the surgery.
Shofner Vision Center
2004 Hayes St #335, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
Dr. Shofner and his staff are knowledgeable, caring, and professional. The office is positive and prompt, with everything being good. Patients have had a great experience, with some having surgeries that lasted for 16+ years. Many people highly recommend Dr. Shofner and his staff, but some negative reviews cite long wait times, high-pressure sales, and a condescending or dismissive attitude from the doctor.
- Dr. Shofner is a skilled surgeon who has successfully fixed the eyes of many patients, even in complex cases where others were unable to save sight.
- The clinic has a positive atmosphere, knowledgeable staff, and prompt service.
- The practice offers a wide range of services including lasik, lens implants, and raindrop inlays, and many patients have had life-changing experiences after surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article