Best LASIK Surgeon In Chattanooga, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Chattanooga LASIK Surgeons in Chattanooga, Chattanooga, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Chattanooga reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Chattanooga.
200 Galleria Pkwy Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339
The lasik surgeon practice receives positive feedback for their professional, friendly staff and great customer service. Patients say the procedure is quick and painless with improved vision the day after for many. While some advise researching potential side effects, most agree Lasik Plus provides an excellent experience.
- The staff is friendly, welcoming, and professional, making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
- The Lasik procedure is quick and painless, with patients experiencing clearer vision shortly after.
- Doctor Smith is knowledgeable and thorough, providing personalized recommendations and saving patients from potential complications.
Wang Vision Institute Nashville
1801 West End Ave #1150, Nashville, TN 37203
The Wang Vision Institute receives glowing reviews for their professional and caring staff, as well as exceptional surgical outcomes. Patients praise the SMILE and cataract procedures, and appreciate the Institute's detailed guidance through every step, including post-op recovery. Overall, patients strongly endorse the Wang Vision Institute for any eye surgery needs.
- Dr. Wang and his entire team, including Dr. Guduru, are informative, kind, and professional.
- The staff at the institute are welcoming, warm, and provide outstanding care, making patients feel comfortable and at home.
- The institute offers advanced, less invasive procedures, and the process is seamless, making it easy and simple for patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
1200 Lake Hearn Dr NE Ste 150, Atlanta, GA 30319
This lasik surgeon practice is well regarded for their friendly, knowledgeable staff and experienced surgeons. Patients report quick, painless procedures and fast recovery times. Most patients achieve excellent vision and enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- The entire staff is very kind, professional, and knowledgeable.
- The procedure is painless, quick, and the results are excellent.
- The doctors talk to the patients throughout the entire procedure, making them feel at ease and comfortable.
University Eye Specialists, P.C.
1932 Alcoa Hwy # 255, Knoxville, TN 37920
University Eye Specialists provides excellent care and cutting-edge technology. Knowledgeable doctors are highly recommended for successful surgeries, though some patients have experienced issues with communication, billing and wait times. Overall, patients are satisfied with the friendly staff and quality care.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors, such as Dr. Paul Froula and Dr. David Harris.
- Excellent results and care for LASIK surgery performed by Dr. Froula.
- Friendly and supportive staff, with kind and caring nurses.
Woodhams Eye Clinic
6105 Peachtree Dunwoody Road #100 Building A, Atlanta, GA 30328
Woodhams Eye Clinic patients report friendly, professional staff and skilled doctors who perform life-changing Lasik and other vision-improving surgeries. While some patients experienced long wait times and communication issues, the clinic is still highly recommended for its excellent patient care.
- Excellent care from knowledgeable and friendly staff
- Impressive results for Lasik and other eye procedures
- Caring and patient opticians who offer great customer service and work hard to find the perfect fit and aesthetic for glasses or contacts
Vision for Life: Jeffrey D. Horn, M.D.
4230 Harding Pike g6, Nashville, TN 37205
Dr. Horn and his team at Vision for Life receive excellent reviews for their professionalism, thoroughness, and attentiveness in answering questions. Many patients experience life-changing vision improvements after LASIK or cataract surgery, with no complications. Though largely positive, some note long wait times and less-than-ideal bedside manner.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable surgeon and staff, who take the time to explain everything and answer all questions.
- Latest and most advanced technology available for vision correction procedures (LASIK, cataract surgery, etc.), resulting in life-changing improvements in vision.
- Excellent customer service and patient care, with efficient appointments and procedures, and caring and friendly staff.
Tennessee Valley Laser Center
140 Capital Dr Suite 210, Knoxville, TN 37922
Patients report exceptional results and attentive care from the knowledgeable staff at Tennessee Valley Laser Center. Patients felt comfortable and informed throughout the LASIK process. Most experienced little to no pain and improved vision shortly after surgery.
- Friendly and understanding staff who work around schedules to make patients comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors who provide personalized recommendations and walk patients through the process step-by-step.
- Quick and painless surgery with excellent results, including better than 20/20 vision, even for patients with previous eye issues.
Woolfson Eye Institute - Chattanooga
7320 Shallowford Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Patients consistently describe Dr. Woolfson and his team at Woolfson Eye Institute as kind, professional, and highly skilled. They take time to explain the LASIK procedure and provide thorough aftercare instructions. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision or better and describe the results as life-changing. The friendly, accommodating staff comes highly recommended for their knowledge and support throughout the LASIK process.
- Dr. Woolfson and his staff are kind, patient, and thorough in explaining the procedure and answering any questions.
- The surgery itself is quick and painless with amazing results. Many reviewers have experienced a life-changing improvement in their vision.
- The staff at Woolfson Eye Institute is knowledgeable, professional, and caring, creating a comfortable and seamless experience for patients.
Drs. Campbell, Cunningham, Taylor & Haun - Knoxville Office
1124 Weisgarber Rd #100, Knoxville, TN 37909
Dr. Hildebrand, Dr. Sollenberger, Dr. McMillan, and Dr. Taylor along with their staff are highly regarded for their professionalism, surgical skill, and personable bedside manner. Patients enthusiastically endorse them for LASIK, PRK, cataract surgery and blepharoplasty. A few reviews cite concerns about billing practices and patient communication.
- Highly skilled and professional doctors
- Friendly and courteous staff
- Excellent outcomes for procedures such as LASIK and cataract surgeries
9815 Cogdill Rd Ste 3, Knoxville, TN 37932
Patients who have undergone LASIK surgery at Tennessee Lasik Associates report overwhelmingly positive results, praising Dr. Colby Stewart and his team for their professionalism, knowledge, and reassuring manner. While some note painful experiences, most describe the procedure as fast, effective, and with improved vision. Many recommend TN Lasik and plan to return.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who make the process comfortable and easy, answering all questions in detail.
- Life-changing results with patients achieving better than 20/20 vision, making it a worthwhile investment.
- Highly experienced surgeon with over 20 years of laser refractive surgery experience.
Campbell Cunningham Laser Center
1124 Weisgarber Rd Suite 106, Knoxville, TN 37909
The Lasik surgeon practice has received mostly positive reviews from patients reporting successful surgeries and improved vision. Patients describe knowledgeable, professional, and accommodating staff and surgeons. While a few patients expressed concerns about follow-up care or side effects, most highly recommend the practice for its expert care and the life-changing impact of Lasik surgery.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable surgeons who take the time to explain the process and answer all questions.
- Efficient and seamless process from consultation to surgery to follow-up appointments.
- Life-changing results with many patients reporting 20/20 vision and no longer needing glasses or contacts.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.