Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Chattanooga, TN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 40 LASIK Surgeons in Chattanooga, TN, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2582 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Chattanooga.
Woolfson Eye Institute - Chattanooga
7305 Jarnigan Rd #100, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Woolfson Eye Institute - Chattanooga is a highly regarded lasik surgeon's office. Patients appreciate the friendly and professional staff, as well as the expertise of the doctors. Results vary, but many patients report excellent vision within hours of the procedure.
- People feel welcome and comfortable
- Clear instructions before and after the procedure
- Excellent care
Robert Evan Levy, MD
5715 Cornelison Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411
Dr. Robert Evan Levy's expertise in lasik surgery is matched by his warm bedside manner, making him a top choice for patients seeking vision correction. The friendly staff at his office create a welcoming environment, putting patients at ease before and after their procedures. Trust in Dr. Levy and his team to provide exceptional care for your vision needs.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Levy and his staff
- He is a great surgeon who has done occuplastic surgery on my eyelids
- He has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable about his specialty
Dr. Gene K. Lee, MD
1801 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dr. Gene K. Lee, MD is a fast and kind lasik surgeon who is always willing to accommodate short notice appointments. Patients find him easy to talk to and appreciate his welcoming demeanor. His practice provides a great experience from start to finish.
- People feel that he is fast, kind and willing to see them on short notice.
- They feel that the best experience from start to finish was had with him.
- He is punctual and nice which makes people feel comfortable around him.
David L. Friedrich, MD
2120 Northgate Park, Chattanooga, TN 37415
Dr. Friedrich's office provides exceptional care for your eyes. Patients rave about his kindness and expertise. You can trust Dr. Friedrich and his team for your LASIK needs.
- People feel very kind when interacting with Dr. Friedrich.
- He has taken great care of my eyes, and I have never had any issues with them since he's been treating me.
- He is very knowledgeable about eye health and can help you to stay healthy and see clearly for years to come.
Peterson Edward A MD
7268 Jarnigan Rd # 200, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dr. Peterson at the Lasik surgeon's office is highly knowledgeable and experienced. He takes the time to listen to his patients and is very patient with them. Patients feel confident in his abilities and trust him with their vision.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Peterson.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience to draw on when providing care for patients.
- His staff is friendly and helpful, always willing to go above and beyond to help out.
Dr. PE T. Tin, MD
930 Oak St, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Dr. PE T. Tin, MD is a knowledgeable and attentive lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients' concerns. His easy-to-talk-to demeanor and excellent bedside manner make him a top choice for those seeking vision correction. Patients can trust in the expertise and care provided by Dr. Tin and his team.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Tin.
- He is highly knowledgeable and experienced in his field, which makes him an excellent doctor to consult with.
- He takes the time to listen to patients and understand their concerns.
- His staff is friendly and helpful.
Dr. Thomas P. Lindquist, MD.
7268 Jarnigan Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dr. Lindquist's office is highly regarded for their expertise in LASIK surgery. Patients have reported positive experiences and trust in the doctor's abilities. While some have noted that their healing process is ongoing, they plan to provide further feedback in the near future.
- People feel comfortable with Dr. Lindquist and feel that he is a trustworthy doctor.
- He has been able to help people who have had eye issues in the past.
- He is very knowledgeable about his field and can provide helpful advice.
7405 Shallowford Rd # 420, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Allied Eye is a highly professional and knowledgeable practice, with a focus on efficiency and patient care. Dr. Matzkin takes the time to explain any anomalies to patients, ensuring they feel informed and comfortable. While wait times can be longer, patients appreciate the thoroughness of the practice and feel it's worth it for the exceptional care they receive.
- People feel very professional and knowledgeable.
- Wait time is not long.
- Follow up texts are appreciated.
Pomerance Eye Center PC
1801 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Pomerance Eye Center PC is a professional and accommodating practice with a friendly staff. Patients appreciate the doctor's clear explanations and great bedside manner. While there may be some delays due to high demand, patients are generally pleased with their experience at this Lasik surgeon's office.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting the Pomerance Eye Center.
- The staff is professional and helpful, always willing to go above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for patients.
- Dr Gannon is an excellent doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and understand their needs.
- The facility is clean and well organized, making it easy for patients to navigate their way around.
- There are no long wait times, making it easy for patients to get appointments when they need them.
Eye Surgery Center of Chattanooga
7268 Jarnigan Rd #104, Chattanooga, TN 37421
The Eye Surgery Center of Chattanooga boasts a friendly and professional staff, making it a top choice for those seeking lasik surgery. Patients appreciate the facility's efficiency and highly recommend it to others. Trust in the expertise of the doctors at this exceptional practice.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable here.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The surgery center is very clean and organized.
- They are very fast in getting you back to normal life.
Eye Specialists of Chattanooga
1042 E 3rd St #102, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Eye Specialists of Chattanooga is a thorough and professional lasik surgeon's office that values patient input. The doctors listen attentively and provide helpful assistance throughout the process. Patients can trust in the expertise and care provided by this exceptional practice.
- People feel welcomed when they come in.
- The doctors are very professional and thorough.
- They have a great approach to listening to their patients about their concerns.
Eye Care Chattanooga
979 E 3rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Eye Care Chattanooga provides efficient and personalized service, making it a top choice for those seeking a lasik surgeon. The practice is well-organized and operates seamlessly, ensuring a smooth experience for patients. With a focus on individual attention and expert care, Eye Care Chattanooga is a standout in the field.
- People feel very personalized service.
- The care is outstanding and the staff are very helpful.
- They have a great system in place for scheduling appointments and getting your glasses or contacts fitted quickly.
Dr. Michelle Y. Robison, MD
1801 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dr. Michelle Y. Robison, MD is a highly skilled and educated lasik surgeon. Her facility is beautiful and easily accessible. Patients appreciate her thoroughness, patience, and professionalism.
- People feel very comfortable with her.
- She is very professional and takes the time to listen to patients.
- She has a lot of experience and is able to provide helpful information.
- Her office is beautiful and accessible.
Woolfson Eye Institute: John Prenshaw, MD
7305 Jarnigan Rd Suite 100, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Dr. John Prenshaw at Woolfson Eye Institute is highly skilled in LASIK surgery and provides excellent care to his patients. Patients appreciate his expertise and feel confident in his abilities. The practice is known for its exceptional service and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- People feel very lucky to have him as their doctor.
- He is a very good surgeon and takes great care of his patients.
- He has a lot of experience and knows what he's doing.
Amy Lackey Family Eye Care
6940 Lee Hwy # 108, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Amy Lackey Family Eye Care is a highly recommended lasik surgeon's office. Patients appreciate the attentive care they receive from the doctor and staff. The office is known for going above and beyond to ensure patient satisfaction.
- People feel that Dr. Lackey is very thorough and takes her time to listen to patients.
- Some people feel that she has helped them with other eye issues beyond just contact lenses.
- People appreciate that she is a doctor who truly cares for her patients.
- Some people have had good experiences with the Scleral Contacts that she ordered for them.
Tin Laser Vision Center
930 Oak St, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Tin Laser Vision Center is a knowledgeable and welcoming practice that provides excellent patient care. The staff takes the time to thoroughly explain everything and ensure patients feel comfortable before and after surgery. Dr. Tin and his team provide exceptional post-op care, making patients feel well taken care of.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting this clinic.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything to patients.
- The surgery was easy and I felt no pain afterwards.
DiStefano Eye Center
1815 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421
DiStefano Eye Center is a highly skilled practice for those seeking eye surgery. Patients rave about the attentive care they receive from Katelin, who truly listens to their needs. The doctors at this practice are known for their expertise and provide exceptional service.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The doctors are very skilled and know their stuff.
- They have a great team of people working here, including nurses and assistants who are all very friendly and helpful.
- They offer a lot of services, such as cataract surgery, which is something that many people may need in the future.
John Miller PC
7268 Jarnigan Rd # 304, Chattanooga, TN 37421
John Miller PC's office boasts a skilled and attentive staff, along with a convenient location. Patients appreciate the quality of glasses available on site. Dr. Miller takes his time with patients, ensuring a positive experience.
- People feel like they are the only patient in the world.
- Takes his time with each patient and explains everything in layman’s terms.
- Kind staff that always make you feel welcome.
Mabry Eye Center: Elizabeth Mabry, MD
1210 Premier Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37421
Mabry Eye Center, led by Dr. Elizabeth Mabry, provides exceptional vision care and eye surgery services. Patients appreciate the friendly and attentive staff, as well as Dr. Mabry's thoroughness in addressing any concerns. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking top-quality eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Mabry and her staff
- The office is very clean and organized
- Dr. Mabry is always attentive to any changes or problems
- Equipment is top notch
- They have a great selection of glasses and contacts
Dr. Patrick J. Bowers Jr, MD
725 Glenwood Dr # 892, Chattanooga, TN 37404
Dr. Patrick J. Bowers Jr, MD is an excellent and gentle lasik surgeon who takes the time to explain things well. His staff is professional and courteous, making patients feel comfortable and at ease. Patients have been impressed with the results of their surgeries and appreciate the genuine care they receive at this practice.
- People feel very comfortable with him and his staff.
- He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to patients.
- He has a lot of experience in treating autoimmune diseases, which is helpful.
- His office is always clean and organized.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article