Best Eye Doctors In Myrtle Beach, SC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Myrtle Beach Optometrists in Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Myrtle Beach reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Myrtle Beach.
Coastal Vision Center
1651 Glenns Bay Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
Most customers had a positive experience at this eye care center, citing friendly staff, comprehensive exams using state-of-the-art equipment. A few customers expressed dissatisfaction regarding unexpected fees and limited frame options. However, the majority of reviewers recommend this office for their exceptional service and safe clinical environment.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews commend the staff for being pleasant, helpful, and accommodating. They ensure patients feel comfortable and are attentive to their needs.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams: Reviewers consistently mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough, detailed, and conducted by knowledgeable optometrists. The doctors take the time to answer questions and provide informative explanations.
- Modern equipment and eyewear selection: The office is described as clean and modern, equipped with state-of-the-art technology. Patients appreciate the wide array of eyewear frames to choose from, and the staff is patient and helpful in assisting with frame selection.
2000 Coastal Grand Cir Space C330, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its friendly, knowledgeable staff. Patients praise the doctors for comprehensive exams and the sales team for helping select eyewear. Many reviewers appreciate the prompt, efficient service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff, including the optometrist, are knowledgeable, friendly, and provide thorough eye exams.
- Efficient service: Several reviews highlight the efficient and prompt service at this eye care center, with quick turnaround times for getting prescriptions filled and obtaining new glasses.
- Good customer service: Many reviewers appreciate the excellent customer service they received, with specific mention of helpful and accommodating employees who went above and beyond to assist with frame selection and address any concerns.
Coastal Grand Eye Associates
2000 Coastal Grand Cir Spc C330, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for efficient, professional eye exams and friendly, knowledgeable staff. A few customers did report pushy sales tactics and insurance coverage issues.
- Efficient eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this location were efficient and quick, saving customers time.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers complimented the professionalism and friendliness of both the doctors and the staff, making the overall experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Several reviewers appreciated the thoroughness of the eye exams and the willingness of the doctors to answer questions and explain everything in detail.
Siegmund Eye Care
4278 River Oaks Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its professional, friendly staff and comprehensive eye exams. A few customers reported scheduling or communication issues, but these appear to be isolated incidents that are unrepresentative of most patients’ experiences.
- Professional and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff and doctors at the eye care center are professional, friendly, and welcoming, providing a positive experience for the patients.
- Thorough and informative exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams and the informative nature of the appointments. Patients appreciate receiving detailed explanations and having their questions answered.
- Prompt and attentive treatment: There are instances where the eye care center provided prompt and attentive treatment, even for emergency eye problems. The staff followed up on the patient's eye situation to ensure improvement, demonstrating their commitment to patient care.
Seaside Eye Associates
109 Finnegan Ct, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Dr. Tully’s eye care center is lauded for thorough, educational exams and friendly service. Patients appreciate the personalized care, including prescription adjustments and insurance advice, that highlights the staff’s professionalism, expertise and compassion.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: The reviews consistently mention that the eye exams conducted at this center are thorough and comprehensive. Patients feel like they are given ample time to address their concerns and have all their questions answered.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center is repeatedly praised for being friendly and helpful. Patients appreciate the warm and inviting atmosphere, as well as the professionalism of the staff.
- Exceptional care and professionalism: Patients express their satisfaction with the level of care and professionalism provided by Dr. Tully and her team. They feel confident in the expertise and knowledge of the staff, and appreciate the cutting-edge technology used for eye exams.
Carolina Forest Family Eyecare
4225 Carolina Exchange Dr Ste A, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
The eye exams receive acclaim for their meticulousness and attentive service. Patients also note the high-tech equipment and expertise of the staff. However, a few reviewers cite high prices, billing problems, and unsatisfactory eyewear. While the center offers quality eye care, clients should consider potential expenses.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that they had the most thorough and comprehensive eye exams at this eye care center. They praised the use of technology, such as comparing pictures of their eyes from previous exams, and felt confident in the findings of their exams.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviewers highlighted the friendly and caring nature of the staff at this eye care center. They appreciated the warm and kind assistance they received during their visits, especially when it came to explaining procedures to children or addressing specific needs or concerns.
- State-of-the-art equipment: According to one reviewer, the practice has clean facilities with state-of-the-art equipment. Another reviewer mentioned the up-to-the-minute equipment used in the practice, which contributed to their positive experience during their eye exam.
350 Seaboard St, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Pearle Vision Center is praised for friendly, knowledgeable staff and exceptional customer service. Customers appreciate the professional, expert doctors and prompt delivery of glasses. The center excels at providing quality care and resolving any issues. However, there is one review citing a poor exam experience and high costs. Overall, Pearle Vision Center comes highly recommended for excellent service and products.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's professionalism, friendliness, and expertise in providing eye care and conducting eye exams.
- Quick and efficient service: Several reviewers mention the promptness of their appointments, as well as the speedy delivery of glasses and contact lenses.
- High-quality glasses and excellent adjustments: Customers appreciate the quality of the glasses and the skillful adjustments made by the staff to ensure a comfortable fit.
Beach Family Eye Care
950 48th Ave N Suite 101, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Beach Family Eye Care receives mostly positive reviews. Patients report thorough eye exams using modern equipment. The knowledgeable, friendly staff and Dr. Horn’s professional, caring approach during exams are frequently noted.
- Thorough and modern eye exams: The eye exams at Beach Family Eye Care are thorough, utilizing modern equipment.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: The staff at Beach Family Eye Care are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, providing a pleasant experience for patients.
- Personalized and compassionate care: Dr. Horn and her staff go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and ensure they leave with the proper eyewear. They provide personalized and compassionate care throughout the entire process.
Coastal Eye Group, PC – Myrtle Beach
401 79th Ave N #4310, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Overall, this eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for the professionalism and expertise of the staff, particularly doctors Frank Sloan and Gail Royal. A few reviewers did mention long wait times and rude front desk staff.
- Great Staff and Wonderful Doctors: Multiple reviews mention the great staff and courteous, professional doctors at the eye care center.
- Efficient Surgery and Cataract Removal: Several reviews highlight successful cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Frank Sloan and Dr. Gail Royal, with positive outcomes and improved vision.
- Thorough Exams and Personalized Care: Patients appreciate the thorough examinations and personalized care they receive from Dr. Carl Sloan and Dr. Gail Royal, making them feel heard and treated well.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
1950 Mr. Joe White Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
The vast majority of customer reviews for this eye center are highly favorable, describing excellent service, knowledgeable staff, and comprehensive exams. While there are some complaints regarding management and scheduling, the preponderance of positive feedback on affordable pricing and extensive eyewear selection outweighs these isolated issues.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers praised the friendly and knowledgeable staff, mentioning that they provided multiple options and made the process enjoyable.
- Thorough and fast eye exams: Several reviewers mentioned that they received fast and thorough eye exams, with one reviewer specifically highlighting the efficiency and informative nature of the optometrist.
- Affordable prices and good deals: Many reviewers mentioned that they found the prices for glasses and contacts to be reasonable, with one reviewer highlighting a deal for two pairs of glasses for $79.99. Several reviewers also mentioned that they were able to utilize their insurance or find budget-friendly options.
Socastee Eye Clinic
4885 Socastee Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Socastee Eye Clinic earns acclaim for knowledgeable, thorough doctors utilizing cutting-edge technology. Patients praise the friendly, professional staff’s care and attention. However, one review cited long waits and communication issues. In general, Socastee provides superb comprehensive eye care.
- Highly knowledgeable and thorough eye exams
- State-of-the-art equipment for comprehensive examinations
- Friendly, professional, and caring staff
Visionworks Coastal Grand Mall
2000 Coastal Grand Cir #515, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Customers highlighted the helpful and friendly staff, singling out Aundrea, Julie, Julianne and Donna for excellent customer service in choosing frames and ordering eyewear. Reviewers appreciated the optometrist’s professionalism and attentiveness. Affordable pricing and a quality selection received positive feedback.
- Walk-ins welcome for eye exams
- Helpful and patient staff in assisting with choosing frames and ordering glasses
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in South Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in South Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in South Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in South Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in South Carolina.
- The In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 12.3% among those with diabetes, which is more than twice the overall percentage of 5.71%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In South Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.46%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.71%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.75%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in South Carolina
- In South Carolina, 5.71% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in South Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.87% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.75% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in South Carolina face even higher rates at 8.29%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in South Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in South Carolina.
- 12.3% of those with diabetes and 8.46% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in South Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 65.92% of children in South Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in South Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.71% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in South Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.