Best LASIK Surgeon In Philadelphia, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Philadelphia LASIK Surgeons in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Philadelphia reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Philadelphia.
303 Fellowship Rd Suite 100, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
The lasik surgeon practice has a professional and friendly staff who thoroughly explain the quick, easy process. Most patients achieve excellent vision and are highly satisfied. However, some have experienced side effects like blurred vision, indicating the procedure doesn't work for everyone.
- Professional and informative staff that help patients understand the procedure thoroughly and put them at ease during the surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure with great results.
- Friendly and welcoming staff that provide excellent customer service and care throughout the entire process.
Northern Ophthalmic Associates: Jenkintown
500 York Rd #102, Jenkintown, PA 19046
Dr. Mark Pyfer at Northern Ophthalmic Associates delivers exceptional vision correction results. Patients praise his friendly, knowledgeable staff and thorough exams. He has performed over 400,000 procedures since 1997, offering LASIK, PRK, RLE, and more. The high-quality care is worth the wait times. Precision and safety are his focus.
- Dr. Mark Pyfer's focus is on safety and precision.
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision.
- Professional and courteous team who provide excellent service.
- Thorough and efficient comprehensive consultations and customized procedures.
- Quick and painless procedures and healing time.
- Knowledgeable and skilled surgeon who instills confidence in his patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
555 E City Ave Suite 1010 Ste 1010, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
This lasik surgeon receives glowing reports of friendly, attentive service and comfortable procedures with successful vision improvement outcomes from most patients. A few note extended wait times and less than satisfactory results, but the overwhelming majority enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Quick and painless procedure with great success
- Friendly, professional, and informative staff who put patients at ease
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision, making the procedure highly recommended by reviewers
600 W Germantown Pike # 160, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Lasik Experts patients describe the practice and Dr. Shah's surgery as professional, efficient, and delivering excellent visual results. Patients felt the staff addressed all questions and concerns thoroughly. One patient was unfortunately not a candidate for the procedure. Overall, reviews indicate this is a recommended lasik surgery practice.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide a calm and comforting environment.
- Quick and easy procedure with minimal downtime and pain, resulting in noticeable improvement in vision.
- High level of expertise and personalized care, with a range of options including Smile and ICL, which have proven successful in correcting various vision issues.
2999 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Patients consistently reported a positive experience with Dr. Wasserman and staff at LASIK Experts, noting their professionalism, expertise, and attentive care. The surgery was described as quick and painless by most, with many achieving clear vision within 24 hours. Patients appreciated the team's friendliness and how informative they were. Many would recommend LASIK Experts to those considering laser vision correction.
- The staff at LASIK Experts are friendly, organized, informative, and make patients feel comfortable before and after the procedure.
- Dr. Barry Wasserman and Dr. Chirag Shah are both experts and have excellent bedside manners, and they walk patients through the entire procedure to ensure they are comfortable.
- The procedure is painless and very fast (approximately 10-12 minutes), and most patients notice an immediate improvement in their vision.
Philadelphia Eye Associates
1930 S Broad St Ground Floor, Unit 9, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Philadelphia Eye Associates provides quality LASIK care with knowledgeable doctors and an efficient, professional staff. Patients report positive experiences overall, though some have faced delays.
- Efficient and thorough office with quick appointment availability.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors, particularly Dr. Mandell, Dr. Repke, and Dr. Feldman.
- Friendly and helpful staff, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Dr. Brad H. Feldman, MD | LASIK, Crosslinking, Cataract & Cornea Surgeon
1930 S Broad St Unit #9, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Dr. Feldman receives consistent praise from patients for his personable manner, medical knowledge, and clear explanations of procedures. His professional yet friendly staff also earn positive reviews. Patients report successful cataract, PRK, crosslinking, and LASIK outcomes and appreciate Dr. Feldman's expertise, care, and professionalism. Patients highly recommend his practice for comprehensive eye care.
- Dr. Feldman is very personable and knowledgeable, and provides thorough explanations about procedures and recovery expectations.
- The office staff has improved and the environment is friendly, clean, and professional.
- Patients trust Dr. Feldman for their eye care needs and appreciate his care, concern, and compassion.
Columbus LASIK Vision
4626 Street Rd, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Dr. Columbus is highly regarded by his LASIK and PRK patients for his professional expertise, friendly staff, and affordable pricing. Patients report smooth, quick surgeries and appreciating his availability to thoroughly answer their questions both during and after office hours.
- Uses newer Contoura Technology for more precise procedures
- Professional, kind, and knowledgeable staff
- Affordable pricing and great results
741 Rte 70 W Suite A, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Lasik Experts customers report friendly staff, painless procedures, and quick recovery resulting in improved vision, with many achieving better than 20/20.
- Quick and easy procedure with no pain and quick recovery
- Professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff
- Improvement in vision to 20/15 or better, great results and life-changing experience
Wills Eye Laser Vision: Dr. Brad H Feldman
840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Dr. Feldman's expertise in LASIK and PRK surgeries put patients at ease. His professional yet compassionate manner was complemented by the efficient Wills Eye staff. Patients were thrilled to achieve freedom from glasses and contacts.
- Dr. Feldman is highly skilled, professional, and dedicated to his patients' care, making them feel comfortable and confident throughout the LASIK surgery.
- The team at Wills Eye is excellent, providing straightforward explanations of the surgery and aftercare and ensuring prompt and friendly service, making the process smooth and stress-free for patients.
- The outcome of the surgery exceeds expectations, with excellent vision and no pain or light halos during the recovery period, highly recommending it to anyone considering corrective procedures.
Kremer Eye Center
965 Baltimore Pike Suite #6, Springfield, PA 19064
Kremer Eye Center provides thorough evaluations with modern equipment. Their friendly, professional staff helps patients feel comfortable throughout the LASIK or PRK process. Patients recommend Dr. Aronsky's skilled surgical expertise.
- Easy scheduling and pre-registration process
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough evaluation and explanation of the procedure
LasikPlus: Dr. Richard Norden
303 Fellowship Rd Suite 100, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
The majority of reviews laud Dr. Norden's surgical skill and staff professionalism. Patients report facile procedures and rapid visual improvements. Staff receive consistent praise for consultative guidance, surgical support, and attentive post-op care. One outlier reported subpar staff interactions but most reviews are resoundingly positive.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff that provide excellent care.
- Dr. Norden is personable, confident, and makes patients feel comfortable during and after the procedure.
- LASIK results are amazing with minimal drawbacks, including dry eyes that get better over time.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.