Best LASIK Surgeon In Philadelphia, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 192 LASIK Surgeons in Philadelphia, PA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 11027 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Philadelphia.
303 Fellowship Rd Suite 100, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
The lasik surgeon practice has a highly professional, friendly, and reassuring staff. The process is quick and easy with a painless procedure that takes about 15 minutes or less. The staff is very informative, and patients experience perfect vision with no complaints. Overall, the lasik surgeon practice is highly recommended, with many patients expressing gratitude and satisfaction with their new vision. However, there are also some negative reviews from individuals who have experienced lasting side effects, blurred vision, and unprofessional behavior from the staff.
- Professional and informative staff that help patients understand the procedure thoroughly and put them at ease during the surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure with great results.
- Friendly and welcoming staff that provide excellent customer service and care throughout the entire process.
Northern Ophthalmic Associates: Jenkintown
500 York Rd #102, Jenkintown, PA 19046
Dr Mark Pyfer and his vision correction team at Northern Ophthalmic Associates have received overwhelmingly positive reviews for their exceptional 20/20 or better surgical results, friendly and professional staff, prompt personalized service, and thorough informative eye exams. Patients have praised Dr. Pyfer and specific staff members like Laura for their knowledge and bedside manner, and have recommended the practice to family, friends and colleagues. Dr. Pyfer has performed over 400,000 customized vision correction procedures since 1997 offering a range of vision correction options like LASIK, PRK, RLE, EVO ICL etc. Wait times can be long due to the high-quality comprehensive care given, but patients feel it is well worth it. Overall, patients feel confident and well taken care of at Northern Ophthalmic Associates. Dr. Mark Pyfer's focus is on safety and precision, making him the clear choice for custom vision correction.
- Dr. Mark Pyfer's focus is on safety and precision.
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision.
- Professional and courteous team who provide excellent service.
- Thorough and efficient comprehensive consultations and customized procedures.
- Quick and painless procedures and healing time.
- Knowledgeable and skilled surgeon who instills confidence in his patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
555 E City Ave Suite 1010 Ste 1010, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
The reviews for this lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients speak highly of the attentive and friendly staff, pain-free procedures, and successful outcomes. Patients recommend this practice to anyone considering lasik surgery and are grateful for the opportunity to improve their vision. However, there are a few negative reviews, mainly regarding long wait times and dissatisfaction with the results, though these are far outweighed by positive experiences.
- Quick and painless procedure with great success
- Friendly, professional, and informative staff who put patients at ease
- Life-changing results with 20/20 or better vision, making the procedure highly recommended by reviewers
600 W Germantown Pike # 160, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Patients had an overwhelmingly positive experience with Lasik Experts practice and surgeon, Dr. Shah. The staff was professional, quick, and easy to work with. The procedures were painless and speedy, and patients had excellent results. Many patients commented that the team made efforts to calm their nerves and answer all their questions thoroughly. Only one negative review mentioned that they were not a candidate for lasik after coming in for scheduled surgery, which they found frustrating. Overall, patients highly recommend this practice and the lasik surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff who provide a calm and comforting environment.
- Quick and easy procedure with minimal downtime and pain, resulting in noticeable improvement in vision.
- High level of expertise and personalized care, with a range of options including Smile and ICL, which have proven successful in correcting various vision issues.
2999 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Patients had an overwhelmingly positive experience at LASIK Experts, praising the professionalism, expertise, and care provided by Dr. Wasserman and his staff. Patients reported that the surgery was quick and painless, and many were able to see clearly the very next day. Patients praised the team for their friendly and informative demeanor, and many recommended LASIK Experts for anyone considering laser vision correction.
- The staff at LASIK Experts are friendly, organized, informative, and make patients feel comfortable before and after the procedure.
- Dr. Barry Wasserman and Dr. Chirag Shah are both experts and have excellent bedside manners, and they walk patients through the entire procedure to ensure they are comfortable.
- The procedure is painless and very fast (approximately 10-12 minutes), and most patients notice an immediate improvement in their vision.
Philadelphia Eye Associates
1930 S Broad St Ground Floor, Unit 9, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Philadelphia Eye Associates is a top-notch practice with a professional, courteous, and efficient staff. Patients have had stellar experiences from making appointments to checking out. Doctors like Dr. Mandell, Dr. Repke, and Dr. Feldman are knowledgeable, kind, and attentive to patients' needs. The staff is welcoming, accommodating, and provides excellent service with fast and thorough appointments. However, some patients have experienced long delays and scheduling issues.
- Efficient and thorough office with quick appointment availability.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctors, particularly Dr. Mandell, Dr. Repke, and Dr. Feldman.
- Friendly and helpful staff, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Dr. Brad H. Feldman, MD | LASIK, Crosslinking, Cataract & Cornea Surgeon
1930 S Broad St Unit #9, Philadelphia, PA 19145
Dr. Feldman's practice consistently receives positive reviews from patients. Patients frequently note that Dr. Feldman is personable, knowledgeable, and provides thorough explanations of the procedures and treatment plans. The office staff are also noted as friendly and professional. Patients who have received cataract surgery, PRK, crosslinking, or LASIK procedures report successful outcomes and appreciate Dr. Feldman's professionalism, care, and expertise. Overall, Dr. Feldman's patients highly recommend him and his practice for their eye care needs.
- Dr. Feldman is very personable and knowledgeable, and provides thorough explanations about procedures and recovery expectations.
- The office staff has improved and the environment is friendly, clean, and professional.
- Patients trust Dr. Feldman for their eye care needs and appreciate his care, concern, and compassion.
Columbus LASIK Vision
4626 Street Rd, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
The practice of Dr. Columbus receives overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who had LASIK or PRK surgeries with him. Patients praise Dr. Columbus' professionalism, knowledge, and kind demeanor. They mention that his team is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, and the surgery process is fast and painless. The surgery not only changes their lives, but the price is also very reasonable. Patients recommend Dr. Columbus to anyone who wants to get LASIK or PRK and appreciate his thorough explanations and prompt responses to questions even after hours.
- Uses newer Contoura Technology for more precise procedures
- Professional, kind, and knowledgeable staff
- Affordable pricing and great results
741 Rte 70 W Suite A, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Lasik Experts has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers, with many commending their friendly and knowledgeable staff. The surgery itself is described as quick, painless, and with a quick recovery time. Additionally, customers have reported excellent results post-surgery, with many achieving better than 20/20 vision.
- Quick and easy procedure with no pain and quick recovery
- Professional, knowledgeable, and friendly staff
- Improvement in vision to 20/15 or better, great results and life-changing experience
Wills Eye Laser Vision: Dr. Brad H Feldman
840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Dr. Feldman is highly recommended by multiple patients for his expertise, professionalism, and empathy. They described feeling calm and comfortable while he explained the entire process for either PRK or LASIK surgery. The staff at Wills Eye Laser Vision Center were also noted for their efficiency and professionalism. Patients were thrilled with their vision outcomes and appreciated being able to be free from glasses and contact lens dependency.
- Dr. Feldman is highly skilled, professional, and dedicated to his patients' care, making them feel comfortable and confident throughout the LASIK surgery.
- The team at Wills Eye is excellent, providing straightforward explanations of the surgery and aftercare and ensuring prompt and friendly service, making the process smooth and stress-free for patients.
- The outcome of the surgery exceeds expectations, with excellent vision and no pain or light halos during the recovery period, highly recommending it to anyone considering corrective procedures.
Kremer Eye Center
965 Baltimore Pike Suite #6, Springfield, PA 19064
Kremer Eye Center has a friendly and professional staff, as well as modern equipment. They were thorough in their evaluations and made patients feel comfortable during the process. Dr. Aronsky is a skilled surgeon and patients highly recommend the practice for LASIK surgery or PRK.
- Easy scheduling and pre-registration process
- Friendly and professional staff
- Thorough evaluation and explanation of the procedure
LasikPlus: Dr. Richard Norden
303 Fellowship Rd Suite 100, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054
The majority of the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, praising the skill and professionalism of Dr. Norden and his staff. Patients speak highly of the ease of the procedure, and the improved vision they experienced soon after getting lasik from the surgeon's practice. Many also mention the helpful and friendly staff throughout the process from consultation to surgery to post-operative care. One negative review mentions a long wait and negative experience with the staff, but it is a rare outlier.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff that provide excellent care.
- Dr. Norden is personable, confident, and makes patients feel comfortable during and after the procedure.
- LASIK results are amazing with minimal drawbacks, including dry eyes that get better over time.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article