Best Eye Doctors In Allentown, PA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Allentown Optometrists in Allentown, Allentown, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Allentown reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Allentown.
Lehigh Valley Eye Center – Allentown
400 N 17th St #100-106, Allentown, PA 18104
The Lehigh Valley Eye Center earns praise for attentive eye doctors who explain exams thoroughly. Patients appreciate the friendly staff’s courtesy. However, some criticize the facility’s condition and a receptionist’s poor service.
- Professional and friendly atmosphere with COVID-19 protocols strictly enforced.
- Thorough and efficient eye exams with detailed explanations from the doctors.
- Exceptional care for children, making them comfortable during the examination process.
Allentown Vision Center
740 Hamilton St, Allentown, PA 18101
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its knowledgeable, courteous staff and thorough eye exams. Patients frequently cite the expertise of the highly professional doctors. The new office’s location and cleanliness garner positive mentions as well.
- Knowledgeable and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. They take the time to explain everything during the eye exam and make patients feel comfortable.
- Thorough eye exams: Reviews mention that the eye exams conducted at this center are thorough, with the optometrists taking their time to ensure a comprehensive evaluation of the eyes.
- Accommodating and compassionate service: One review highlights a positive experience where the staff went out of their way to help a customer in need by providing a new pair of glasses free of charge. This demonstrates the center's willingness to go the extra mile for their patients.
Lehigh Valley Eye Care Associates
2030 Tilghman St Suite 101, Allentown, PA 18104
The eye care center’s employees provide thorough exams in a friendly and professional manner. However, some issues exist with billing transparency and glasses pricing. Overall, it receives positive recommendations for eye care.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the employees at this eye care center are friendly, welcoming, and professional, creating a positive experience for patients.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Many reviewers express satisfaction with the thoroughness of the eye exams and appreciate that the doctors take the time to explain everything in detail, ensuring that no questions are left unanswered.
- Easy appointment scheduling and clean office: Reviewers appreciate the convenience of making appointments online and commend the office for being clean and organized.
Newcomer Eye Associates
265 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly staff, thorough exams, knowledgeable doctors, discounts, and convenient scheduling. One reviewer cited gossiping employees and an unusual atmosphere, but most customers appear satisfied with their eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at Newcomer Eye Associates were friendly and helpful, providing a pleasant experience during their eye exams.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Several reviewers praised the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams they received at this location, leaving them feeling confident in the health of their eyes.
- Knowledgeable and informative doctors: Reviewers mentioned that the doctors, such as Dr. Nicole Stochla and Dr. Newcomer, were knowledgeable and took the time to explain things clearly, providing informative and detailed eye exams.
Blink Optical Boutique LLC
524 N 19th St, Allentown, PA 18104
Blink Optical provides thorough eye exams and a great selection of eyeglasses, including high-end and eco-friendly frames. Reviewers frequently mention the knowledgeable, friendly staff who help find perfect frames. However, some concerns were raised about COVID-19 protocols and scheduling. Overall, Blink is a quality option for personalized eye care and unique glasses.
- Dr. Suzanne Evano Hauck and her staff are caring and provide thorough eye exams.
- The eye care center has a wide selection of glasses, including high-end fashion brands and eco-friendly frames.
- The staff is knowledgeable and can help customers find the best frames for their face shape.
- They take the time to explain and decode vision insurance, helping customers maximize their benefits.
- The office is friendly, professional, and makes customers feel comfortable during their visit.
Dr. Kristen Fahey, Optometrist, and Associates – Lehigh Valley Mall
201 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052
The majority of reviews praise the knowledgeable doctors and friendly staff. Patients find the eye exams thorough and appreciate help choosing frames. However, one negative review criticizes post-exam services like insurance processing and frame selection. Overall, reviews show doctors provide a good exam experience, but post-exam services could improve.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Multiple reviewers mention that the doctors at this eye care center are thorough, knowledgeable, and take the time to explain everything during the eye exams.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many reviewers comment on the friendly and helpful staff at this location. They mention that the staff was patient, attentive, and provided excellent customer service throughout their visit.
- Good selection of frames and options: Several reviewers appreciate the selection of frames and options available at this eye care center. They mention that the staff was helpful in assisting them in choosing the right frames and options for their needs.
3136 Tilghman St, Allentown, PA 18104
Reviews praise the eye care center’s knowledgeable, friendly staff, especially Dr. Hillman’s expertise and personal care. Assistants like Matty and Jessica help customers find the perfect frames, ensuring a smooth, enjoyable visit. Customers appreciate the wide selection of affordable glasses and satisfaction with exams and customer service.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members being knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They provide great customer service and make patients feel comfortable and valued.
- Experienced and professional eye doctor: Dr. Hillman is praised for his experience, professionalism, and expertise. Patients feel confident in his ability to conduct thorough eye exams and explain the results.
- Good selection and deals: The eye care center offers a good selection of frames and has competitive prices. Customers appreciate the variety of options available and the discounts or deals offered.
Ravi A Shah MD
400 N 17th St #102, Allentown, PA 18104
Dr. Shah of this eye care center improved the reviewer’s vision, allowing a return to work the next day. Patients appreciate his expertise, kindness, clear communication, and precision. The office itself is pleasant.
- Highly skilled and accurate eye measurements for single focal length lens, allowing for reading and driving without needing additional glasses.
- Kind, empathetic, and informative doctor who effectively treated a condition that improved the patient's ability to work and read.
Matthew P. Mignogna, OD
706 Grape St #5207, Whitehall, PA 18052
Dr. Mignogna provides attentive, professional eye exams. He diagnosed astigmatism that had been previously overlooked, taking extra care to test with an astigmatism lens for an accurate prescription. The patient was satisfied with his thorough explanations and vision improvement.
- Dr. Mignogna is attentive, professional, and has a nice demeanor.
- The eye exam received was the best and most accurate experienced, with a thorough explanation of the diagnosis and prescription.
New Vision Lens Lab
1918 W Tilghman St, Allentown, PA 18104
The eye care center is known for its excellent customer service, affordable prices, and quick turnaround times. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful, making this an ideal option for all your eye care needs. The wide selection of frames and lens options receives consistently positive feedback.
- Unbeatable customer service and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional customer service and knowledgeable staff at this eye care center. They are described as friendly, professional, and accommodating, making patients feel well taken care of.
- Reasonable prices and variety of frames: Customers appreciate the reasonable prices and the large variety of beautiful frames offered at this eye care center. They mention finding affordable options and being satisfied with their glasses.
- Bilingual staff and family-friendly: The eye care center is praised for having a bilingual staff, making it accessible to both Spanish and English speakers. It is also described as family-friendly, creating a welcoming environment for all.
I. N. Fedoriw, O.D.
1320 Hamilton St #4315, Allentown, PA 18102
Dr. Fedoriw receives positive feedback for his attentive eye exams. Patients comment that he thoroughly answers questions and explains findings. His staff is also noted as helpful and friendly.
- Dr. Fedoriw is extremely thorough and meticulous in his eye exams, providing a comprehensive diagnosis of any eye problems.
- He takes the time to explain everything to patients, answering their questions and making sure they feel heard and understood.
- The staff is pleasant, helpful, and attentive, providing excellent customer service throughout the visit.
Bausch Eye Associates
1616 W Allen St, Allentown, PA 18102
Most reviews applaud Dr. Bausch and staff for professionalism and attentiveness. Patients report quality care during exams and procedures like cataract and LASIK surgeries. One critic cited rude behavior from the doctor, but the overwhelming consensus endorses this eye care center.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors and staff: Multiple reviews mention the excellent care provided by the doctors and staff at the eye care center. They are described as professional, attentive, caring, and knowledgeable in the latest techniques and treatments for eye care.
- Successful cataract surgery and improved vision: Several reviews mention successful cataract surgery performed by Dr. Bausch, resulting in improved vision without the need for contacts or glasses. Patients express gratitude for their clear and sharp vision after the procedure.
- Accommodating and reassuring staff: In one review, the staff is described as accommodating and comforting to a patient with high anxiety. They took measures to make the patient feel at ease, kept stressful things out of view, and provided reassurance throughout the process. This highlights the compassionate and considerate nature of the staff towards anxious patients.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Pennsylvania
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Pennsylvania in 2018, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Pennsylvania, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Pennsylvania
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Pennsylvania.
- The In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 10.9% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 4%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Pennsylvania in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (6.51%) compared to the overall population (4%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Pennsylvania
- In Pennsylvania, 4% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Pennsylvania
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 1.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.74% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Pennsylvania face even higher rates at 6.38%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Pennsylvania
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
- 10.9% of those with diabetes and 6.51% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Pennsylvania
- Early vision care is crucial, with 71.51% of children in Pennsylvania having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.55% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Pennsylvania
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Pennsylvania.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.