Best LASIK Surgeon In Portland, OR
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 166 LASIK Surgeons in Portland, OR, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 8874 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Portland.
SharpeVision MODERN LASIK & LENS
3025 112th Ave NE #200, Bellevue, WA 98004
SharpeVision is a reputable and professional lasik surgeon practice that has received positive reviews from many patients. The team is friendly and knowledgeable, creating a comfortable experience for patients. From the initial consultation to the post-operative care, patients have experienced first-hand Dr. Sharpe’s exceptional skills and dedication towards better vision. Overall, SharpeVision is highly recommended for those seeking a quick fix that will make a world of difference for their vision.
- Exceptional bedside manner of Dr. Sharpe and his team, which puts patients at ease throughout the entire process
- Thorough explanations provided by Dr. Sharpe on the procedure and what to expect during and after surgery, and regular check-ups to monitor progress and ensure proper healing
- Quick, efficient and painless surgery, resulting in life-changing improved vision and ability to see without glasses or contacts.
Northwest Eye Laser & Surgery Institute | Lasik Portland | Eye Surgery Salem | Lasik Hillsboro | Eye Surgery Vancouver
11786 SW Barnes Rd #270, Portland, OR 97225
Reviews consistently praise Dr. Mehrdad Malihi and his staff for their professionalism, kindness, and thoroughness. Patients feel comfortable and well-informed throughout the entire process, from consultations and surgeries to post-op care. Dr. Malihi is highly knowledgeable and takes the time to answer all questions. Patients appreciate the efficiency and overall excellent care they receive. Some patients note success with Smile, PRK, LASIK, and cataract surgeries, however, there is one negative review of a cataract surgery experience.
- Dr. Malihi and his staff are professional, knowledgeable, and empathetic, providing excellent care to their patients.
- The clinic offers state-of-the-art LASIK procedures, with transparent pricing, and attentive professionals ensuring a comfortable and quick experience.
- The team is highly efficient, ensuring prompt appointments and thorough examinations, and provides clear communication, making the experience seamless from start to finish.
Crews LASIK & Cataract Center
12306 SE Mill Plain Blvd STE 100, Vancouver, WA 98684
Patients have praised the doctors and staff at Crews Lasik for their exceptional service and care. Patients commend Dr. Crews for explaining the details of their surgery and are impressed with the outcome. The staff is described as friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, and they make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Patients also appreciate the follow-up care they receive, and many are thrilled with the results of their surgery, including improved vision and a sense of relief from wearing glasses or contacts. While there are a few negative comments regarding rudeness from receptionists and a blurred vision following surgery, the majority of reviews are highly positive and recommend Crews Lasik to others.
- Highly skilled surgeon and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews praise Dr. Crews and his staff's expertise, thoroughness, and ability to answer all questions and concerns. They also emphasize the extensive testing and profiling that goes into determining the best treatment options.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Most reviews mention the helpfulness, kindness, and accommodating nature of the staff. This includes the front desk, nurses, and technicians who put patients at ease and make them feel comfortable throughout the process.
- Excellent results and aftercare: Reviews generally indicate impressive results and fast recovery times for different vision-related procedures. Additionally, they mention Dr. Crews' follow-up and personalized care, which includes monitoring progress, checking for any issues, and making sure patients are happy with the outcome.
Will Vision & Laser Center
8100 NE Parkway Dr #125, Vancouver, WA 98662
Patients rave about their experiences at Will Vision & Laser Center, praising Dr. Will and his knowledgeable and friendly staff for making the entire process from consultation to follow-up easy and painless. Many note that they wish they had acted sooner, and recommend scheduling a consultation to experience the benefits of LASIK for oneself. The team's use of the most current technology and their personalized care help make the procedure quick, stress-free, and life-changing.
- Exceptional staff and doctor who are professional, personable, and take the time to make patients feel comfortable.
- Efficient and painless process with quick recovery time and excellent results.
- Use of current technology and thorough education/information provided to patients before and after the procedure.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
7421 SW Bridgeport Rd Suite 220B, Tigard, OR 97224
The vast majority of reviews about this lasik surgeon practice are positive, with most patients reporting excellent results and happy experiences. They praise the knowledgeable and informative staff, the caring and professional doctors, and the quick and painless procedures. Patients say they were well-informed and prepared for the surgery, and felt comfortable and at ease throughout the process. Some patients also mention the convenience of the follow-up appointments and the affordability of the surgery compared to other practices. The few negative reviews express frustration with the insurance and billing process, as well as difficulty getting in touch with staff before the surgery.
- Friendly and caring staff who make patients feel comfortable
- Quick and painless procedure with excellent results, including 20/15 vision in some cases
- Efficient process with quick appointments and thorough explanations from knowledgeable doctors, with options for local optometrist follow-up appointments.
Crews LASIK & Cataract Surgery Center
9200 SE 91st Ave Ste 100, Portland, OR 97086
The lasik surgeon practice has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from patients who highly recommend them. Patients report great results, fast recovery, and excellent care from Dr. Crews and his team. The staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable, and patients have experienced life-changing vision correction with 20/20 or better results. The practice has been praised for their personalized care, attention to detail, and years of experience. Some negative reviews mention issues with dry eye and unexpected results, but these are rare and offset by the vast majority of positive feedback.
- Highly recommended by many patients.
- Professional and competent staff and doctors.
- Excellent results, with most patients seeing 20/20 vision the next day or very soon after LASIK surgery. Additionally, patients appreciate the personalized care and attention they receive from Dr. Crews throughout the process.
Oregon iLasik and Refractive Center
1515 Oak St #105, Eugene, OR 97401
Patients rave about Oregon iLasik & Refractive and highly recommend their services. The friendly and knowledgeable staff go above and beyond in answering all questions and making patients feel comfortable through every step of the process. Patients were thrilled with the results, reporting that the procedure itself was painless, the improvements in their vision were amazing, and their recovery was a breeze. The clinic itself is described as nice and welcoming, with added perks like free massages before the procedure.
- Highly professional staff who go above and beyond to ensure patients are comfortable and at ease throughout the procedure
- Painless procedure with quick recovery time and significant improvements in vision
- Great customer service, including free massages and thorough explanations of the procedure and post-operative care.
King LASIK - Portland South
9735 SW Shady Ln #201, Tigard, OR 97223
Patients had great experiences with King Lasik and recommend the practice for anyone looking to get LASIK. The team and the doctor at the practice are kind, professional, and knowledgeable, making the entire procedure go smoothly. Patients at the new Tigard location were happy with the high level of customer service and the welcoming facility that offered complimentary snacks and massage chairs.
- Professional and Experienced staff who are knowledgeable and friendly.
- Convenient locations with easy appointments and smooth process for LASIK.
- Life-changing results with fast recovery, allowing patients to see better almost immediately.
12306 SE Mill Plain Blvd STE 100, Vancouver, WA 98684
Patients had positive experiences with Dr. Crews and his staff. They were welcoming and made patients feel like family. Dr. Crews was knowledgeable, thorough, and professional, even going beyond expectations by personally calling patients after the procedure to check on them. Patients were happy with their results, experiencing improved vision up to 20/15 or 20/20, and highly recommended Crews LASIK for anyone considering LASIK or cataract surgery.
- Highly skilled and experienced surgeon with outstanding results.
- Professional and friendly staff that make patients feel welcome and comfortable.
- Personalized attention and follow-up care, including phone calls from the doctor to check on recovery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article