Best LASIK Surgeon In Toledo, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Toledo LASIK Surgeons in Toledo, Toledo, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Toledo reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Toledo.
6800 Rockside Rd Unit A, Independence, OH 44131
Patients consistently commend this lasik surgeon's practice for their attentive customer service, professional staff, and smooth procedure resulting in quick recovery of vision. Patients cite the doctor and staff's personal investment in outcomes through post-op follow-ups. Efficiency and clear communication before, during, and after surgery also receive positive feedback.
- Excellent customer service and helpful staff
- Quick, pain-free, and efficient procedures
- High success rates with patients achieving 20/20 vision and experiencing a life-changing impact
Lasik Vision Centers of Cleveland
6500 Rockside Rd #100, Cleveland, OH 44131
Patients undergoing LASIK at this practice describe knowledgeable, friendly staff who advise appropriately and ensure patient comfort throughout the process. The surgery is quick, painless and often life-changing, with many achieving better than perfect vision afterwards. Patients highly recommend this practice to those considering LASIK.
- The staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and caring.
- The entire process from consultation to follow up is seamless and well-explained.
- The Lasik procedure is quick, painless, and has great results.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6000 Lombardo Center Ste 150, Seven Hills, OH 44131
Patients recommend this lasik practice for friendly, knowledgeable staff and a comfortable environment. Most experienced quick, painless procedures and rapid recovery with 20/20 or better vision within a day. However, one patient reported the surgeon did not honor a purchased lifetime assurance plan.
- Efficient scheduling process, with opportunities for same-day surgery and quick post-op check-up appointments.
- Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Successful surgeries resulting in improved vision, often better than 20/20, with quick recovery time and no need for glasses or contacts.
Columbus Laser & Cataract Center
6357 N Hamilton Rd, Westerville, OH 43081
Patients recommend Columbus Laser & Cataract Center for lasik and cataract surgeries, citing the professional and attentive staff, patient-focused doctors, and excellent results including improved vision and freedom from glasses. The clean, organized office puts patients at ease. Patients are extremely satisfied with their care and highly recommend this practice for eye surgery needs.
- Professional and attentive staff who address patient concerns promptly and thoroughly.
- Skilled and experienced surgeons who provide excellent service and results for cataract and Lasik surgeries.
- Friendly and caring office environment with knowledgeable staff and modern equipment.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4030 Easton Station Suite 220 B, Columbus, OH 43219
The Lasik Vision Institute patients report excellent experiences overall, with praise for the kind, knowledgeable staff and efficient processes. Many experienced life-changing vision improvements after affordable procedures and enthusiastically recommend the practice. A small number noted issues with appointment changes, payment plans not meeting expectations, and temporary post-operative dry eye and blurry vision.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Quick and painless procedure
- Affordable prices and great results
TLC Laser Eye Centers
6670 Perimeter Dr Suite 155, Dublin, OH 43016
The practice receives mostly positive reviews for quick, easy, and painless procedures performed by knowledgeable professionals that yield excellent vision results. A few negative reviews cite scheduling issues, poor customer service, and post-procedure complications. In general, patients strongly endorse the practice to those considering LASIK.
- Quick and easy procedure, with most patients experiencing 20/20 vision immediately after
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who provide thorough explanations and make patients feel comfortable
- Excellent care and professionalism from beginning to end, leaving patients satisfied with their decision to have Lasik surgery done.
12745 23 Mile Rd Suite 100, Shelby Twp, MI 48315
Customers recommend Dr. Todd Adelson's lasik practice for its quick, easy procedure and knowledgeable, helpful staff. Patients report vision improvement, often better than 20/20, and 0% financing. Some post-op discomfort occurred but vision improved quickly. Patients recommend this practice for those seeking better vision.
- Experienced and professional doctors and staff who are knowledgeable and friendly.
- Quick and easy procedure with amazing results, enabling patients to see better than 20/20 and reduce or eliminate the need for glasses or contacts.
- Efficient and helpful aftercare, including free visits and support to ensure a smooth recovery process.
Grosinger Spigelman & Grey PC
1750 S Telegraph Rd Suite 205, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Grosinger, Spigelman and Grey provide professional, kind and expert eye care. Patients report successful LASIK, cataract and glaucoma surgeries with excellent results. The efficient, helpful office staff navigates insurance and referrals. Patients trust these doctors for quality, personalized eye care.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Grosinger, Dr. Spigelman, and Dr. Grey.
- Excellent outcomes for surgeries, including cataract surgery and LASIK.
- Efficient and well-organized office staff that is helpful with insurance and referrals.
Toledo LASIK Center
6975 Central Ave #103, Toledo, OH 43617
Toledo Lasik & Cataract patients report knowledgeable, friendly staff and successful, life-changing vision improvement surgeries. The process is quick and painless with attentive, reassuring doctors. While isolated incidents of pushy salesmanship or rude service have occurred, patients overwhelmingly recommend Toledo Lasik & Cataract for expertise, professionalism and positive outcomes.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who listen to concerns and reassure patients throughout the process.
- Quick and painless surgery with great results, including 20/15 vision and correction of astigmatism.
- Friendly and informative staff, with a focus on patient comfort and safety. Also, the lifetime guarantee is well worth it when it is free.
Dr. Joseph M. Thomas, MD
3619 Park E Dr #306, Beachwood, OH 44122
Patients consistently describe Dr. Thomas and his staff as professional, kind, caring, and knowledgeable. He takes time to explain the procedure and answer questions, putting patients at ease. His attentive care before, during, and after surgery leads to positive outcomes and clear vision. Dr. Thomas comes highly recommended.
- Highly professional, caring staff and excellent service.
- Dr. Thomas is experienced, knowledgeable, and highly skilled with lasik surgery.
- Thorough consultations and follow-up care, with personal attention and care for each patient's needs.
Complete Eye Care
5055 W Bristol Rd, Flint, MI 48507
Complete Eye Care patients report excellent experiences with Dr. Waters, commending his surgical expertise, professionalism, and bedside manner. Patients describe a welcoming, comfortable environment and appreciate the staff's clear explanations of procedures and post-operative care. Many patients have undergone successful LASIK, cataract, and other eye surgeries with Dr. Waters and his team, and enthusiastically recommend Complete Eye Care.
- Highly knowledgeable and professional staff, led by Dr. Waters, who takes great care to ensure patients fully understand the procedures and treatments they receive.
- Great patient outcomes and success rates, especially with cataract surgeries and LASIK procedures.
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, with staff that is personable, caring, and attentive to patients' needs.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.