Best Eye Doctors In Cincinnati, OH
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cincinnati Optometrists in Cincinnati, Cincinnati, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cincinnati reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Cincinnati.
Dr. Deborah Valido
2749 Edmondson Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for their friendly and knowledgeable staff, particularly Drs. Valido, Carl, and Powers. However, some customers report rushed exams, unauthorized changes, and unhelpful front desk staff.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff's friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness during eye exams.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye doctors: Reviewers praised the eye doctors for their knowledge, thoroughness, and care during the eye exams.
- Efficient and quick service: Some reviewers mentioned that the eye exams were quick and efficient, allowing them to walk in and out in a short amount of time.
3308 Jefferson Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45220
The eye care center receives mixed reviews, with some praising Dr. Nuchikat and the thorough exams while others cite issues like high prices, insurance billing problems and poor communication. Multiple reviewers highlight positive experiences with the doctor and staff, as well as convenient tech for exams, but one warns of lack of pricing transparency.
- Dr. Nuj provides thorough and professional eye exams, ensuring all questions are answered and findings are explained.
- The staff at Clarkson Eyecare in Clifton are friendly, courteous, and professional.
- The facility is clean and new, providing a nice environment for eye care services.
Cincinnati Eye Institute
222 Piedmont Ave Suite 4000, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Dr. Adam Kaufman of the eye care center is highly regarded for his surgical skill and attentive care, with many patients crediting him for restoring their vision. While one reviewer cited long waits and unprofessionalism, the overwhelming majority recommend Dr. Kaufman and praise his friendly staff.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors: Many reviewers praised Dr. Adam Kaufman and his team for their expertise in eye care and surgery. They mentioned feeling confident in the doctors' abilities and appreciated their professionalism.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the friendly and caring demeanor of the staff at the Cincinnati Eye Institute. Patients felt comfortable and appreciated the personalized attention they received during their visits.
- Successful outcomes and restored vision: Several reviewers specifically mentioned that Dr. Adam Kaufman had successfully restored their vision or treated their eye conditions when other doctors couldn't. They expressed gratitude and recommended him to family and friends.
Erich A. Hinel, O.D., M.S., FAAO
222 Piedmont Ave Suite 4000, Cincinnati, OH 45219
The first reviewer was dissatisfied with billing and did not return. The second applauds the caring, thorough staff for putting patients at ease during exams. Other reviews cite Dr. Hinel’s professionalism, expertise, and skill in addressing eye conditions.
- Thorough and knowledgeable staff: The assistant and doctor at this eye care center were described as superlative, kind, patient, and unrushed. They made the patient feel at ease during the eye exam, resulting in comfortable and efficient care.
- Professional expertise: Dr. Hinel and his team were praised for their professionalism and expertise in eye care. They provided thorough physical examinations, explained conditions in plain language, and offered treatment alternatives. Their level of care was highly appreciated, and they were recognized for their ability to effectively address uncommon prescriptions and provide the best glasses.
- Personalized and caring approach: The staff, including receptionists and assistants, were described as friendly, approachable, and kind. Dr. Hinel was commended for his caring and personable nature, taking the time to listen to patients' issues and offering detailed explanations and solutions. The attention given to each individual patient was highly regarded, contributing to a positive experience at the eye care center.
Warby Parker Over-the-Rhine
1419 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
The eye care center in Cincinnati provides professional and efficient service at reasonable prices. Their helpful staff offer recommendations and adjustments. While some customers experienced delayed orders or insurance issues, most were satisfied with their visits.
- Professional and welcoming staff: Customers noted that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, professional, and welcoming. They had positive experiences interacting with the employees who offered recommendations and provided excellent customer service.
- Efficient service: Many customers mentioned that they were impressed with the efficiency of the eye care center. They received quick adjustments, repairs, and frame fittings, with some customers even mentioning that they were in and out of the store in a short amount of time. The staff were able to handle multiple customers and provide assistance promptly.
- Reasonable prices: Customers found the prices at this eye care center to be reasonable. They appreciated the affordability of the glasses and lenses, especially when compared to other options in the market. The center was also willing to offer free adjustments and repairs, adding value to the overall experience.
Hyde Park Optometrists
2731 Observatory Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Dr. Guappone is known for his extensive optometry expertise and ability to address complex eye conditions. Patients value his thorough, personalized care. His friendly, knowledgeable staff provide quality eye exams and contact lens services.
- Highly knowledgeable and informed optometrist: Dr. Guappone is highly knowledgeable about the latest eye care techniques and stays informed on the latest advancements in the field, such as CRT, LASIK, Ortho-K, etc.
- Thoroughness and top-of-the-line testing: Dr. Guappone provides thorough eye exams and uses top-of-the-line testing abilities to ensure comprehensive eye health and vision needs are addressed.
- Specialized contact lens expertise: The eye care center has contact lens specialists who are knowledgeable about the latest and greatest products, helping patients with challenging eye conditions or discomfort find comfortable and suitable contact lens options.
Family First Vision Care – Childrens Hospital
3440 Burnet Ave Suite 110, Cincinnati, OH 45229
The majority of reviews for this eye care center applaud the friendly staff and efficient exams. While most experiences were positive, one patient was dissatisfied when denied an unconventional glasses repair, making them question returning. Patients mentioned the doctor’s skill with children. Overall, reviewers found the staff pleasant and exams thorough.
- Dr. Mach and Sara provide a pleasant and welcoming experience during visits.
- The doctor is skilled at working with kids, making it a great option for families.
- The staff is friendly, providing a thorough and great experience during eye exams.
MidWest Eye Center
2055 Reading Rd # 330, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Most reviews laud the eye care center’s attentive staff and quality care. One patient commends the swift, successful treatment of a burst capillary. However, one critical review cites last-minute appointment changes and perceived disrespect. While the center appears to offer comprehensive, agreeable service overall, clients occasionally report scheduling mishaps or extended wait times.
- Thorough and pleasant doctor who takes the time to explain in depth
- Excellent care and superior staff, providing great customer service
- Fast action and effective treatments for eye conditions, including laser eye surgeries with no complications
MidWest Eye Center
2135 Dana Ave UNIT 310, Cincinnati, OH 45207
Dr. Werner receives consistently positive feedback for his kind and thorough approach. Patients report he effectively diagnoses and treats vision issues. His eye care center impresses with cleanliness and a friendly, professional staff.
- Thorough and knowledgeable optometrist: Dr. Werner is highly recommended by multiple reviewers for his ability to accurately diagnose and treat eye problems.
- Clean facility and friendly staff: The center is well-maintained and the staff is described as both friendly and professional.
Fagedes & Garrity
35 E 7th St UNIT 400, Cincinnati, OH 45202
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for quick appointment scheduling, reliable service, and friendly staff. However, some reviewers cite issues with rude staff and billing mistakes. Most recommend the thorough, friendly doctors.
- Quick scheduling of appointments and efficient eye exams.
- Reliable and efficient service provided by the eye doctor.
- Friendly and accommodating staff, including the doctors, Tawnya, and Tina.
- Comfortable and thorough eye examination by Dr. Fagedes.
- Ability to find and fit into a great frame with the help of Tawnya.
- Long-lasting and durable glasses frames provided by Drs. Fagedes & Garrity.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Ohio
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Ohio, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Ohio, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Ohio
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Ohio.
- The The percentage of people in Ohio that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was almost double for those with diabetes, indicating that having diabetes increases your risk of vision problems by approximately 5%. and In Ohio in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (7.32%) compared to the overall population (4.92%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.4%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Ohio
- In Ohio, 4.92% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Ohio
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.72% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.93% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Ohio face even higher rates at 6.85%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Ohio
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Ohio.
- 9.72% of those with diabetes and 7.32% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Ohio
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.71% of children in Ohio having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.78% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Ohio
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.92% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Ohio.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.