Best Eye Doctors In Cary, NC
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Cary Optometrists in Cary, Cary, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Cary reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Cary.
229 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518
Dr. Gross provides friendly and efficient care, though some patients report issues with incorrect prescriptions, overcharging, and delays obtaining appointments.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at this eye care center as friendly, kind, and efficient. Patients appreciate the warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Excellent doctor: Dr. Gross receives praise from several reviewers for her professionalism, thoroughness, and ability to explain conditions and options clearly. Patients feel confident in her care and appreciate her personalized approach.
- Quick and on-time appointments: Many reviews highlight the efficiency of the eye care center, with patients mentioning that their appointments were thorough and completed in a timely manner. The promptness of the service is appreciated by patients.
Cary Vision Care
1100 NW Maynard Rd #120, Cary, NC 27513
Cary Vision Care receives mostly positive feedback, with patients praising the expertise of Drs. Stikeleather and Dantini. Exams utilize current technology and staff exhibit friendliness. One disappointed patient cited scheduling difficulties, but most reviews emphasize Cary’s professional, quality eye care.
- Thorough and patient eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye exams at Cary Vision Care were thorough and that the doctors took the time to explain the results and answer any questions or concerns.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Several reviewers praised the friendly and efficient staff at Cary Vision Care, from the welcoming front staff to the helpful and personable doctors.
- Excellent customer service: Multiple reviewers mentioned the excellent customer service they received at Cary Vision Care, from the knowledgeable and professional doctors to the friendly and accommodating reception staff.
Wake Family Eye Care
100 Parkway Office Ct STE 112, Cary, NC 27518
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff, thorough exams, and frame selection help. Drs. Hopkins and Badwan stand out for attentiveness and expertise. However, one reviewer cited hidden charges and a negative encounter with front desk staff. In general, reviewers highly recommend this center’s eye care services.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Many reviews mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, as well as their expertise in providing eye care and answering questions.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Multiple reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted at the center, with some mentioning that conditions were identified and addressed that had not been noticed by previous doctors.
- Wide selection of glasses: Several reviews mention the great selection of glasses available at the center, with staff members helping patients find frames that suit their needs and preferences.
The Eye Center Next to Lenscrafters – Cary
1107 Walnut St Ste 100, Cary, NC 27511
The eye care center largely garnered approving feedback for prompt scheduling, efficient service, and an accommodating, well-informed staff. However, some patients noted concerning experiences like opaque billing practices, aggressive sales tactics from staff, and unprofessional front desk conduct. The optometrists themselves earned acclaim for their meticulous, skillful eye examinations.
- Prompt and efficient service for eye exams.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff who are patient and helpful during the exam process.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams conducted in a friendly and professional manner.
720 SE Maynard Rd, Cary, NC 27511
Reviewers strongly recommend the Cary eye care center near Barnes and Noble for its comprehensive exams and modern equipment. Patients report an enjoyable experience overall, with helpful, knowledgeable staff including Drs. Covey and Manton providing clear guidance. While most find the team friendly, some complaints surface about unprofessional staff behavior and damaged eyewear.
- Thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this location are thorough and comprehensive, providing patients with a proper diagnosis and assessment of their eye health.
- Excellent selection of frames: Reviewers praise the wide selection of eyeglass frames available at this eye care center, allowing them to find the perfect frames for their needs and preferences.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviews highlight the friendly and helpful nature of the staff at this location. Staff members are described as knowledgeable, professional, and welcoming, making patients feel comfortable throughout their visit.
Triangle Visions Optometry
1398 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, NC 27511
Doctor’s Vision Center provides a positive customer experience overall. Customers appreciate the friendly staff, especially Pam the assistant who ensures comfort. Dr. Beyer earns high marks for his personable and thorough exams. Customers are pleased with their purchases. However, one review cited issues with charges and poor service from a different optometrist.
- The staff at Doctor’s Vision Center are pleasant, helpful, and go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Dr. Beyer is personable, professional, and takes the time to thoroughly explain the eye exam and answer any questions.
- Triangle Visions offers excellent vision therapy programs with knowledgeable therapists who make the sessions fun and motivating.
1107 Walnut St Suite 100, Cary, NC 27511
Most reviews praise the helpful, friendly staff and excellent customer service. However, some mention issues with incorrect prescriptions, unprofessional staff behavior, and high prices. A few suggest going elsewhere for more accurate exams and affordable glasses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the staff at this location as being super nice, helpful, and providing excellent customer service.
- Wide selection of glasses: Reviewers appreciated the wide variety of glasses available, making it easy to find the perfect pair.
- Responsive to issues: One reviewer had an issue with their glasses purchased from another location, but the staff at this LensCrafters location quickly resolved the problem and replaced the lenses, demonstrating good customer service.
Triangle Visions Optometry
1103 Pne Plz Dr, Apex, NC 27523
Customers speak highly of the doctors’ expertise during exams at this eye care center, particularly Dr. Marino’s attentive care. Patients feel comfortable and valued. However, some experienced inaccuracies in prescriptions, billing problems, and unsatisfactory customer service.
- Highly thorough and meticulous doctors who provide excellent eye care, particularly in emergency situations.
- Knowledgeable and caring staff who make patients feel comfortable and provide high-quality service.
- Prompt service with minimal waiting time, efficient preliminary tests, and accurate prescriptions for glasses and contacts.
105 SW Cary Pkwy #200, Cary, NC 27511
The eye doctors provide excellent care by listening to patient concerns, explaining procedures thoroughly, and meeting patient needs with empathy. The professional staff cultivates a warm, welcoming environment.
- Knowledgeable and attentive doctors: Reviewers consistently praise the doctors at the eye care center for their expertise, thoroughness, and willingness to listen to patients' concerns and answer their questions.
- Professional and friendly staff: Many reviewers mention that the staff, including the front desk and exam technicians, are friendly, welcoming, and create a comfortable environment for patients.
- Successful procedures and treatments: Several reviewers share positive experiences with various eye procedures and surgeries, expressing satisfaction with the outcomes and the expertise of the doctors in performing them.
Triangle Family Eye Care
1216 Village Market Place, Morrisville, NC 27560
The eye care center garnered favorable feedback for their attentive service and comprehensive exams. Patients commended the cordial staff and educational eye exams by Dr. Prajapati. The optical shop earned acclaim for tailoring frame selections to each customer’s needs. A couple reviews cited high prices, surprise charges, and exams that seemed cursory.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff members at this eye care center as being friendly, polite, and caring, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Several reviews highlight the thoroughness of the eye exams conducted by Dr. Prajapati. Patients appreciate the detailed explanations of their exam results and options, as well as the personalized care provided.
- Excellent selection of frames: The optical shop at this location is praised for its wide range of frames and the expertise of the optician. Patients appreciate the personalized guidance in selecting frames that suit their face shape and prescription, and the overall quality of the frame selection.
Preston Optometry Center
258 Towne Village Dr, Cary, NC 27513
Preston Optometry Center patients laud Dr. Rousselo and staff for attentive service, professionalism and personalized eye care. Patients highlight helpful, kind staff who accommodate vision needs. Highly recommended for eye exams, glasses and contacts.
- Excellent service and professional staff: Customers consistently mention the excellent service provided by Dr. Rousselo and his staff. They are described as professional, kind, efficient, and attentive to customer needs.
- Accommodating and accessible: The eye care center is praised for accommodating customers with special needs, such as those in wheelchairs. The staff is friendly and ensures customers are comfortable during their visit.
- Knowledgeable and thorough examinations: Customers appreciate the comprehensive eye exams conducted by Dr. Rousselo. He takes the time to explain the results and provides clear information about vision health.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in North Carolina
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in North Carolina experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in North Carolina, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in North Carolina
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in North Carolina.
- The The percentage of people in North Carolina with diabetes who were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was more than twice as high as the overall percentage, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In North Carolina in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (8.03%) compared to the overall population (5.39%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.64%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in North Carolina
- In North Carolina, 5.39% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in North Carolina
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.6% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.59% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in North Carolina face even higher rates at 8.02%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in North Carolina
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in North Carolina.
- 11.6% of those with diabetes and 8.03% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in North Carolina
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.9% of children in North Carolina having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.66% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in North Carolina
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.39% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in North Carolina.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.