Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Rochester, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 40 LASIK Surgeons in Rochester, NY, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2322 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Rochester.
OcuSight Eye Care Center
10 Hagen Dr # 220 E, Rochester, NY 14625
OcuSight Eye Care Center is a professional and knowledgeable practice with courteous staff. Patients feel comfortable and confident in the results of their cataract surgery and replacement lenses. Sylvia's exceptional customer service skills add to the overall positive experience at the practice.
- People feel very comfortable with the staff and Dr. Sheils. They feel that they are being taken care of very well.
- The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, which makes it easy to get help when needed.
- The doctors are very thorough and take the time to answer all questions. This helps patients feel confident in their decision making process.
- There is a great sense of community among the staff and patients, which helps support one another through difficult times.
Mark S. Jacobson, M.D.
919 Westfall Rd Ste 205, Bldg A, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Mark S. Jacobson's office is a well-oiled machine, with a friendly and professional staff that provides excellent care. Patients report minimal discomfort during treatment and are pleased with their results. Highly recommended for anyone seeking top-quality eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is very personable and explains everything clearly. There is no pain or difficulty during the procedure.
- The team is professional and attentive, taking time to listen to patients' concerns.
- Dr Jacobson has a great reputation for providing high quality eye care services. His team is highly competent and able to resolve any issues that may arise.
Philip C. Sheils, M.D.
10 Hagen Dr #220, Rochester, NY 14625
Dr. Philip C. Sheils is a highly regarded lasik surgeon with a friendly and helpful office staff. Patients appreciate his sensitivity to their concerns and trust him to safeguard their eyesight. His practice is a top choice for those seeking exceptional care and results.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at the office.
- Dr. Sheils is very detailed in his explanations of eye issues, which is helpful for those with additional eye issues.
- The office staff are always friendly and accommodating.
Bryant J. Shin, M.D.
919 Westfall Rd Ste 205, Bldg A, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Bryant J. Shin's office is a top choice for cataract and vision correction surgery. Patients rave about the exceptional care they receive and the amazing results. Although it may be a bit of a drive, the effort is well worth it for the outstanding service provided.
- People feel comfortable with the doctor and staff.
- The doctor is experienced and knowledgeable in eye care.
- Dr Shin takes the time to listen to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- He provides excellent care for cataract and vision correction surgery.
Scott Macrae, MD
100 Meridian Centre Blvd #125, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Macrae and his team provide exceptional care for vision problems. Patients appreciate the quality of service and expertise offered at the practice. While some may find the cost high, many recommend Dr. Macrae to others seeking a skilled lasik surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. MacRae and his staff. They are very knowledgeable and always take the time to answer any questions or concerns that patients may have.
- The surgery is very affordable, especially when compared to other options out there.
- There have been no negative side effects from the surgery so far, which is a huge plus.
Earlene Catherine Siebold, MD
880 Westfall Rd A, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Siebold, a skilled lasik surgeon, is highly recommended by patients for her thorough explanations and compassionate care. Her expertise and willingness to help those in need make her a top choice for anyone seeking treatment. The practice is known for its exceptional service and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- People feel comfortable with her and she is very good at explaining things.
- She has a lot of compassion and is very open.
- She does a great job of explaining what she is doing.
Sara Ferri, MD
2301 Lac De Ville Blvd, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Sara Ferri and her team are highly regarded for their expertise in treating dry eye issues. Patients appreciate the thoroughness and helpfulness of the practice, as well as the positive attitude of the staff. The quality of care provided by Dr. Ferri and her team is consistently praised by those who visit the office.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Ferri and her staff. They feel like they can trust her and that she is knowledgeable about dry eye issues.
- She has a lot of experience dealing with dry eye, which makes her an excellent doctor to consult with if you have this condition.
- She is always willing to help out in any way she can, whether it be by providing advice on how to better manage your symptoms or referring you to other specialists who may be able to help you more fully resolve your issue.
Steve Byongkoo Park, MD
2300 Buffalo Rd Bldg 700, Rochester, NY 14624
Dr. Park's work at Cornerstone is truly impressive, with over 10 years of successful surgeries. Patients rave about their experiences, citing no issues since their procedures. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking exceptional lasik surgery.
- People feel very confident in the care they receive from Dr. Park and his team. They are highly skilled professionals who take pride in their work.
- The results of vision correction surgery with Dr. Park are always excellent, as he is one of the most experienced and qualified surgeons in the field.
- Patients feel very comfortable discussing any concerns or questions they may have about their treatment with him, as he is a highly communicative doctor.
Hanuch Omar MD
160 Sawgrass Dr #220, Rochester, NY 14620
Dr. Hanuch Omar is highly regarded for his exceptional medical care and efficient scheduling. Patients appreciate the promptness of their surgeries and the successful outcomes. While some may find the cost of the procedure to be a bit steep, the overall experience is positive and satisfying.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- The procedure was quick and easy.
Clear Vision Center
1135 W University Dr Suite 155, Rochester, MI 48307
Clear Vision Center is a highly professional and caring practice, with a knowledgeable and patient surgeon who explains the procedure thoroughly. The staff are friendly and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and well-cared for. Dr Vrabec and the team at Clear Vision Center provide excellent care for all vision needs.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when visiting the office.
- The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Dr. Vrabec is an excellent surgeon who takes the time to explain everything to his patients before surgery.
- The procedure was quick and easy, with no complications reported.
Andrew N. Goodfriend, M.D.
919 Westfall Rd Ste 205, Bldg A, Rochester, NY 14618
Dr. Goodfriend is a highly professional and knowledgeable lasik surgeon who puts his patients at ease. His expertise in eye care is evident in the quality of his work, and patients would highly recommend him to others seeking lasik surgery. The practice is known for its exceptional care and attention to detail, making it a top choice for those seeking a safe and effective lasik procedure.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Goodfriend and his staff. They feel like they can trust him to take good care of their eyes.
- He is very knowledgeable and always explains things in a way that is easy to understand.
- He has a great deal of respect for his patients, which shows in the level of care he provides.
Flaum Eye Institute LASIK
100 Meridian Centre Blvd #100, Rochester, NY 14618
Flaum Eye Institute LASIK is a great choice for those seeking to ditch their corrective lenses or alleviate migraines. The staff is professional and attentive, ensuring a positive experience. Dr. MacRae and the team provide excellent PRK surgery options.
- People feel more confident after having LASIK surgery.
- The procedure is relatively painless and most people can go back to their normal activities the same day.
- There are no long-term side effects associated with LASIK surgery.
- Results are usually excellent, with many people being able to see better than they ever have before.
Michael C. Ryan, M.D.
2 Greece Center Dr, Rochester, NY 14612
Dr. Michael C. Ryan's office boasts a friendly and efficient front desk staff, thorough preliminary preparation, and helpful consultations with the doctor. While some have had issues with check-in, the overall consensus is that patients love their experience with the doctors at this Lasik surgery practice. Experience top-quality care and service at Dr. Ryan's office.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Ryan and his team.
- The front desk staff are welcoming and efficient, getting patients into and out of the office quickly.
- Dr. Ryan is highly skilled at providing comprehensive consultations, answering questions thoroughly and helping patients make informed decisions about their health.
- The clinic is well organized and clearly follows standard medical practices, making it easy for patients to understand what will happen during their appointments.
Cornerstone Eye Associates LASIK Center
2300 Buffalo Rd Building 700, Westgate, NY 14624
Cornerstone Eye Associates LASIK Center is a friendly and professional practice with a new and spotless facility. The surgical and non-surgical staff are helpful and the procedures are quick and painless, with post-operative care being cordial and professional. Patients have reported dramatic improvements in their vision within just a few days.
- People feel comfortable and informed about the process.
- The staff is friendly and professional.
- The facility is new and spotless.
- Procedures are quick and painless.
- Recovery goes well.
Rochester Eye Associates
10 S Pointe Landing, Rochester, NY 14606
Rochester Eye Associates boasts a team of professional doctors and helpful staff. Patients appreciate the quality of care they receive and the selection of glasses available. The office provides a pleasant experience for those seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel very welcomed and comfortable here. They are very attentive to their patients and take the time to listen to what they have to say.
- The doctors and staff are knowledgeable and experienced in their field, which makes for a quality experience.
- There is a great selection of glasses available here, as well as professional advice on how to improve your vision.
Cornerstone Eye Associates
485 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
Cornerstone Eye Associates is a trusted destination for cataract surgery, with patients reporting excellent results. Dr. Park is highly regarded for his attentive care, and the friendly staff is always ready to assist. Experience exceptional eye care at Cornerstone Eye Associates.
- People feel very comfortable and confident with the doctors and staff. They are very patient and thorough in their examinations.
- The surgery was a success, with no complications.
- Excellent follow-up care is provided after surgery.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article