Best LASIK Surgeon In Buffalo, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Buffalo LASIK Surgeons in Buffalo, Buffalo, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Buffalo reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Buffalo.
100 King St W #120, Toronto, ON M5X 2A1, Canada
Current Specials: FREE CONSULTATION
Patients consistently describe the staff at this lasik surgery practice as knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Hakim’s surgical skill and reassuring presence receive positive feedback. Patients report feeling comfortable and experiencing no pain during the procedure. Most view the experience as life-changing and would enthusiastically recommend this practice.
- Knowledgeable, professional, and empathetic staff that make patients feel comfortable and confident about their procedure.
- Highly organized process that provides clear and helpful information about the surgery and post-operative care.
- Successful surgeries with great outcomes, including improved vision and minimal or no side effects.
Atwal Eye Care
3095 Harlem Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Current Specials: FREE SELF-EVALUATION
The lasik surgeon practice receives positive feedback for its friendly front desk staff and professional doctors who provide thorough explanations of procedures. Patients particularly recommend Dr. Kim and Dr. Freitag. While most find the staff helpful and courteous, some criticisms note poor bedside manner from Dr. Atwal, rude staff, and high service costs.
- Friendly and professional staff that make patients feel at ease during their visit.
- Knowledgeable doctors who take the time to explain the care and answer any questions or concerns.
- Thorough exams to diagnose and recommend appropriate treatment for eye issues, and efficient service with minimal wait times.
TLC Laser Eye Centres
2345 Yonge St #212, Toronto, ON M4P 2E5, Canada
Current Specials: free consultation
The TLC Lasik Center provides a thorough patient experience from consultations to surgery to aftercare. Patients report knowledgeable staff who take time to explain procedures and set expectations. Most find the surgery quick with immediately improved vision. While some patients required corrections, TLC addressed these needs.
- Skilled and knowledgeable ophthalmologists who perform procedures under 10 minutes.
- Friendly and professional staff who thoroughly explain the procedure and provide exceptional pre- and post-operation care.
- TLC Laser Eye Centres offer an amazing patient experience, making patients feel comfortable and providing the best care possible.
TLC Laser Eye Centres
2201 Bristol Cir Suite 200, Oakville, ON L6H 0J8, Canada
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
TLC Laser Eye Center patients describe friendly, knowledgeable staff who explained the procedure clearly and answered all questions. Patients recommend TLC for those considering lasik.
- Friendly and professional staff that make patients feel comfortable and informed throughout the process.
- Well-organized facility that provides efficient and seamless service, with great attention to patient comfort.
- Highly skilled surgeons who deliver excellent outcomes with minimal pain or discomfort, providing patients with improved vision and a better quality of life.
The LASIK Vision Institute
4927 Main St, Amherst, NY 14226
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK!
The lasik surgeon practice receives excellent reviews from patients reporting professional staff, a comfortable and informative process, quick and painless surgery, immediate vision results, and great financing options with staff ready to answer any questions. Patients highly recommend this practice for undergoing this life-changing lasik procedure.
- Friendly staff who make patients feel welcome and comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure with immediate results for most patients, leading to life-changing outcomes.
- Thorough consultations and post-operative care, with knowledgeable staff who answer all questions and ensure patients feel well-informed.
Fichte, Endl, & Elmer Eyecare
2825 Niagara Falls Blvd Suite 130, Amherst, NY 14228
Current Specials: Free LASIK Self-Test
Patients have received professional, painless Lasik surgery from Drs. Fichte Endl and Elmer and returned for years of routine and emergency eye care. Staff like Gordy Sage earn praise for patient, knowledgeable service. Some patients experienced long waits and issues with appointment cancellations and scheduling. However, most, including fans of the SMILE procedure, still recommend the practice.
- Experienced and professional LASIK surgeons who offer painless procedures and excellent results
- Doctors who take the time to address patient questions and concerns and prioritize individualized care
- Friendly and helpful staff in the optical department who offer a wide selection of designer frames and are knowledgeable in assisting patients with finding the best match for their face and needs.
Goldberg Centre Vision Correction
2235 Kennedy Rd, Scarborough, ON M1T 3G8, Canada
Current Specials: Free Eye-Opening Consultation
Patients appreciate Dr. Goldberg and his team’s expertise, attentiveness, and care at the Goldberg Vision Center. Most achieve 20/20 or better vision after procedures and describe life-changing results. Though some experience mild discomfort during recovery, patients recommend the Center for its exceptional vision correction outcomes.
- Highly skilled surgeon and professional staff
- Life-changing vision correction results for many patients
- Advanced non-cut procedure with safe and thorough approach
Bochner Eye Institute
40 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto, ON M5R 1A9, Canada
Current Specials: FREE CONSULTATION
The Bochner Eye Institute receives mostly positive reviews for their consultations, doctors, procedures, and staff. A few patients did note unprofessional or dismissive administrative staff.
- Thorough initial consultations to ensure a positive outcome
- Professional and caring surgical team who put patients at ease
- Successful results and life-changing experiences for many patients
LASIK CATARACT CENTRE
39 Commerce Rd, Lindsay, ON K9V 5Y3, Canada
Dr. Lane’s patients report excellent experiences, highlighting his and his staff’s professionalism, kindness, and expertise. His laser eye procedures consistently yield successful, painless results. Patients describe the staff as helpful and efficient. Many patients recommend Dr. Lane and are pleased with their vision outcomes. Though some patients feel nervous beforehand, Dr. Lane and his team provide reassurance throughout.
- Highly organized and efficient practice with punctual appointments and well-managed timelines.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional staff that made patients feel comfortable and cared for throughout the process.
- Excellent surgical skill and patient care from Dr. Lane, with highly successful results for cataract and lasik surgery, often leading to improved vision and no need for glasses or contacts.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.