Best Eye Doctors In Yonkers, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Yonkers Optometrists in Yonkers, Yonkers, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Yonkers reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Yonkers.
Bronx Eye Associates
665 Pelham Pkwy N, Bronx, NY 10467
The eye care center receives largely favorable reviews for attentive service and comprehensive exams, though some cite lengthy wait times or unprofessional conduct by select staff. Despite isolated complaints, most praise the expertise and choices available.
- The staff at this eye care center is described as friendly, kind, and considerate, making patients feel comfortable during their eye exams.
- The eye exams at this location are reported to be thorough and provide attention to detail. Patients appreciate the knowledgeable doctors and staff who explain the results in detail.
- The facility is clean and well-maintained, with state-of-the-art equipment that provides precise measurements and accurate results.
LensCrafters at Macy's
800 Central Park Ave Suite 1, Yonkers, NY 10704
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for the optometrists' attentive exams, staff professionalism, and personal care. Some reviewers appreciated sales associates who helped select suitable eyewear. However, a few reviewers cited long waits, billing issues, unexpected charges, and poor communication.
- The optometrist and staff provide exceptional service and a thorough eye exam for glasses and contact lenses.
- The team is knowledgeable and helpful in assisting customers with choosing the right glasses, with special praise for Miguel's assistance.
- Customers appreciate the kindness and patience of Dr. Nissany, who ensures their comfort and satisfaction with their prescription and glasses.
SightMD Yonkers 984 N Broadway
984 N Broadway #303, Yonkers, NY 10701
Dr. Katz provides excellent care at SightMD. Patients appreciate the fast, honest service. While there was an appointment issue caused by the Yonkers receptionist, patients overwhelmingly recommend Dr. Potash for his expertise, attentiveness and professionalism.
- Excellent and fast service, providing efficient eye exams.
- Dr. Katz and his team are top-notch, providing skilled and caring eye care.
- Staff is friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable, creating a welcoming and pleasant environment.
- Dr. Potash combines expertise with an open heart to fulfill the needs of his patients.
- Dr. Katz is a gem, providing exceptional care and humor during appointments.
SightMD Yonkers 970 N Broadway
970 N Broadway STE 109, Yonkers, NY 10701
Patients highlight Dr. Schirripa's expertise diagnosing eye conditions at his professional eye care center. They appreciate the thorough exams and friendly, prompt staff. The office is clean and orderly.
- Professional and knowledgeable doctor: Dr. Schirripa is highly praised for his expertise and professionalism, providing excellent eye care and thorough examinations.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as friendly, courteous, and prompt, creating a positive and comfortable experience for patients.
- Efficient and clean facility: Patients appreciate the cleanliness and organization of the office, as well as the efficiency of their appointments, with minimal wait times and quick completion of exams.
Bainbridge Eye Care
3083 Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, NY 10467
Bainbridge Eye Care customers report friendly, professional service and thorough exams. However, some reviews cite high prices, aggressive sales tactics, and unprofessional staff. Most customers appear satisfied.
- Friendly and professional staff
- Knowledgeable doctors and thorough eye exams
Sterling Optical - Cross County Shopping Center
5570 Xavier Dr, Yonkers, NY 10704
Reviews praise the friendly and patient customer service from Sam and Patti, who helpfully explain insurance and assist in selecting frames. Patients describe thorough eye exams where doctors explain results and answer all questions. Customers appreciate discounts on purchases and express overall satisfaction with the eye care center.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff's knowledge of insurance benefits and their willingness to explain them to customers. This includes providing discounts and credits as entitled, ensuring customers get the most out of their insurance plans.
- Excellent customer service: Many reviews highlight the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, including individuals like Patti, Sam, and Joselyn. They are described as patient, kind, and attentive, providing personal attention to each customer's needs and preferences.
- Thorough eye exams: Several reviews mention the eye exams being thorough, with the optometrist taking the time to explain the results and answer any questions. This indicates a commitment to providing comprehensive eye care services.
New York Cataract & Laser Eye
157 Lockwood Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701
Reviews praise the professionalism and attentiveness of doctors at this eye care center. Patients appreciate the modern facility, helpful staff, and doctors who take time to explain exams and answer questions. The practice is commended for exceptional service, thorough exams, and dedication to patient safety, making it a top choice for comprehensive eye care.
- Highly professional and caring doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Modern and clean office with top-notch technology.
INSIGHT EYE ASSOCIATES RIVERDALE
3539 Riverdale Ave, Bronx, NY 10463
Insight Eye Associates received highly positive reviews for their friendly, efficient service. Patients described the welcoming, professional staff and thorough optometrists. Most reviewers highly recommended Insight for exams and glasses. One review mentioned issues with communication and customer service regarding glasses. Overall, Insight appears to be a reputable, recommended eye care provider.
- Quick and efficient eye exams with friendly staff.
- Knowledgeable and informative optometrists who offer helpful advice about payment and insurance.
- Caring and attentive staff who provide fast service and ensure glasses fit perfectly.
598 Tuckahoe Rd, Yonkers, NY 10710
Westchester Eyes provides personalized eye care with modern equipment and dedicated staff. Patients praise the doctor's expertise and attentive manner. Innovative dry eye treatments significantly enhance patients' vision and comfort.
- Modern, state-of-the-art equipment for thorough eye exams and treatment.
- Caring and patient-centric staff, providing exceptional service and making patients feel relaxed.
- Effective treatments for dry eyes, improving quality of life and eliminating symptoms like itching and constant blinking.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.