Best Eye Doctors In Buffalo, NY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Buffalo Optometrists in Buffalo, Buffalo, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Buffalo reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Buffalo.
Atwal Eye Care
3095 Harlem Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Atwal Eye Care patients report knowledgeable doctors who explain procedures and answer questions in a friendly manner that puts them at ease. The office and staff are described as clean, polite and professional. However, some reviews mention disorganization and impersonal treatment from select staff. Still, most recommend Atwal Eye Care for eye exams and procedures.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors who put patients at ease and answer questions about procedures such as cataract surgery and LASIK.
- Polite and professional staff who provide thorough eye exams and give good explanations of the care given.
- Clean and spacious office with efficient service, minimal wait times, and compassionate staff who provide assistance to patients in need.
Eye Care & Vision Associates
932 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
The eye care center received mixed reviews. Many praised the friendly, efficient staff, particularly with children and quick exams. However, some had negative experiences citing rude, inattentive doctors and lack of treatment discussion. There were also complaints about long waits, incorrect prescriptions, and unprofessional receptionists. Issues with scheduling and communication were highlighted as well, especially regarding contact lens fittings. Still, several recommended the center for its professionalism and responsiveness.
- Staff are friendly and attentive, making patients feel comfortable and safe during eye exams.
- The doctors at the eye care center are thorough and knowledgeable, providing efficient and professional care.
- The front desk staff are pleasant and helpful, ensuring a positive experience for patients from the moment they arrive.
Ross Eye Institute
1176 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14209
The eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for friendly, knowledgeable staff, clean facilities, and thorough exams. However, some cite long waits, inexperienced student examiners, and dismissive doctors. Overall, they provide good service but wait times and communication could improve.
- Friendly and reassuring staff make eye exams enjoyable, especially for children.
- Clean and spacious office, providing a comfortable and professional environment for patients.
- Dr. Mankiran Singh is highly skilled and personable, providing thorough eye exams and answering all questions.
902 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14202
The eye care center is well-regarded for its friendly staff who provide personalized care during exams and when helping customers select eyewear. Customers appreciate the reasonable prices, complimentary adjustments, and exceptional service.
- Friendly and welcoming staff.
- Reasonably priced eye exams for those without insurance.
- Free glasses adjustment for customers, even if they didn't purchase their glasses at the center.
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff who assist in choosing frames and lenses.
- Excellent customer service and attentive staff.
- They take the time to understand the customer's needs and ensure their satisfaction.
- Professional and efficient service.
- Great experience with contact lenses fittings.
- Superb customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- Vast selection of eyewear options.
- Compassionate and caring staff who go above and beyond for customers.
- Prompt service without long wait times.
- Helpful and courteous staff who assist in finding the perfect glasses.
- Adalis provides free repairs and cleanings, even if the customer is new to the center.
- Quick and efficient glasses repairs.
- Trustworthy and reliable service for vision care.
- Exceptional care and respect from the doctors and staff.
Daniel Cotter, MD
932 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
The eye care center receives positive reviews for their friendly, professional staff. Patients mention the thorough and clear eye exams. Dr. Cotter earns acclaim for his caring and attentive manner, answering all questions. The clean facility and short wait times provide a pleasant patient experience.
- Friendly and professional staff that provides thorough eye exams and explains everything clearly.
- Dr. Cotter is a wonderful doctor who genuinely cares for his patients and takes the time to answer questions and concerns.
- The facility is clean, the staff is great, and overall provides a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
David Rodman, MD
85 High St, Buffalo, NY 14203
Dr. Rodman offers attentive, detailed eye exams. His knowledgeable, welcoming staff provide efficient service, though some patients have experienced frustratingly long wait times.
- Dr. Rodman is knowledgeable, thorough, and takes his time with each patient.
- The staff is welcoming, efficient, and professional.
- The office is organized and caring, with a focus on providing excellent care to patients.
- Dr. Rodman is described as professional, personable, and genuinely caring about his clients.
Value Vision - Your Local Eye Doctor - Cheektowaga
3035 Genesee St, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
The eye care center received mixed reviews. Some customers praised the thorough eye exams, friendly staff, and wide frame selection. However, others complained of delayed glasses pick-up, broken frames, poor customer service, scheduling issues, and dismissive behavior from the doctor.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff who take good care of patients and listen to their problems with patience.
- Thorough and detailed eye examinations conducted by a knowledgeable and professional eye doctor.
- Wide selection of frames and quick turnaround time for eyeglasses.
Eyes On Harlem
2507 Harlem Rd, Cheektowaga, NY 14225
The eye care center receives glowing reviews for their knowledgeable and helpful staff. Customers consistently compliment Niles and Francesca for guiding them to ideal frames and ensuring an effortless visit. Patients also commend Dr. Battaglia and Dr. Bob for their expertise and attentive care. With an extensive frame selection and outstanding customer service, this eye care center comes highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention specific staff members by name, praising their knowledge, patience, and assistance in selecting frames and understanding insurance.
- Quick and easy eye exams: Several reviewers note that their eye exams were quick, easy, and thorough, emphasizing the efficiency of the process.
- Wide selection of name brand eyewear: One reviewer highlights the eye care center's large selection of name brand eyewear at a great price, suggesting a variety of stylish options for potential customers.
Twenty 20 Eye Care And Aesthetic Medicine, PLLC
410 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo, NY 14222
Dr. Melissa Neal of Twenty 20 Eye Care receives consistent positive reviews for her expertise, meticulous exams, and commitment to resolving patients' vision problems. Patients also commend the friendly, professional staff. Reviews describe Dr. Neal and her team as compassionate, attentive, and highly skilled in delivering premium eye care.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced doctor: Dr. Mellissa Neal is praised for her knowledge, expertise, and experience in eye care. Patients feel confident in her abilities and trust her diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Exceptional care and patient-centered approach: Patients appreciate Dr. Neal's caring and supportive nature. She takes the time to listen to their concerns, thoroughly explains the diagnosis, and ensures they fully understand their condition and treatment options.
- Specialization in dry eye: Patients with chronic dry eye specifically commend Dr. Neal's expertise in this area. They have seen significant improvements in their condition and feel confident in her ability to address their specific eye care needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New York
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in New York experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in New York, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New York
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New York.
- The The percentage of people in New York that were blind or had difficulty seeing in 2018 was significantly higher for those with diabetes, with a 12.1% rate compared to the overall rate of 5.41%, indicating that diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by more than double in that state. and The percentage of people in New York who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing in 2018 was higher than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.84%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New York
- In New York, 5.41% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New York
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.82% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New York face even higher rates at 8.75%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New York
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New York.
- 12.1% of those with diabetes and 8.25% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New York
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.71% of children in New York having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.46% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New York
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.41% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New York.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.