Best Eye Doctors In Albuquerque, NM
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Albuquerque Optometrists in Albuquerque, Albuquerque, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Albuquerque reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Albuquerque.
2630 Carlisle Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews. Many customers report prompt, quality service and are pleased with their glasses. They appreciate the convenience of eye exams and purchases in one location. While some customers experienced longer wait times, the majority were satisfied with the friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Quick turnaround time: Many reviewers mentioned that they received their glasses on the same day as their eye exam, often within a few hours.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews highlighted the friendly and courteous nature of the staff, mentioning that they were knowledgeable, patient, and provided excellent customer service.
- Good selection and pricing: Several reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offered a good selection of frames and lenses, and the pricing was reasonable, especially when considering discounts for insurance or Medicaid.
6001 Winter Haven Rd NW # K, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Patients were pleased with the eye care center’s prompt and efficient service. They noted the friendliness and expertise of the staff, especially Dr. Mamdani. Patients valued the professionalism and helpful attitude of the employees as well as the convenient location.
- Fast and efficient eye exams.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Convenient location.
Orbit Eyecare & Optical – North Valley
6601 4th St NW r, Albuquerque, NM 87107
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their friendly, helpful staff and efficient, thorough exams. Doctors impress with their expertise, especially Dr. Jarrell. Customers appreciate affordable pricing and guidance in selecting glasses and contacts. Overall, reviews describe a pleasant, satisfactory experience.
- Friendly and helpful staff: The reviews highlight that the staff at this eye care center are friendly and take the time to provide good customer service. They are described as accommodating and sweet, particularly towards children.
- Quick and efficient appointments: Many reviewers mention that the eye exams and appointments at this center were quick and efficient. Despite being busy, the staff was able to provide a thorough exam and complete the process in a reasonable timeframe.
- Knowledgeable and competent doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are praised for their expertise and knowledge. They are described as competent and conscientious in providing excellent eye care, including diagnosing issues, advising on treatments, and prescribing appropriate medications or eyewear.
Desert Mountain Eye Care
5504 Menaul Blvd NE Ste A, Albuquerque, NM 87110
The eye care center received mostly positive feedback for thorough exams by knowledgeable, professional doctors who carefully explain procedures. Patients praised the friendly, helpful staff’s frame selection assistance. A couple reviews mentioned poor communication about policy changes and unsatisfactory customer service around pricing and orders.
- Professional and thorough eye exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that the eye exams at this center were thorough and done by professional doctors who took the time to explain everything and answer questions.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Many customers praised the staff for being friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful throughout their visit. They felt comfortable and well-cared for during their experience.
- Convenient services: Some reviews mentioned the convenience of getting glasses on the same day of their visit, as well as being able to make appointments in advance for their next visit.
Sandia Vision Clinic Nob Hill
112 Hermosa Dr SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108
The eye care center receives positive feedback for its thorough and explanatory optometrists, friendly and professional staff, quick and easy eye exams, affordable prices, comprehensive exams, and excellent frame selection. Reviewers particularly note the staff’s helpfulness and attentiveness.
- Thorough optometrist who explains everything and answers questions.
- Affordable eye exams with procedures explained beforehand.
- Comprehensive eye exam with great frame selection and helpful staff.
4208 Central Ave SW Suite E, Albuquerque, NM 87105
The eye care center receives positive feedback for their quick and friendly service. Staff helpfully explain exam results and offer quality glasses at discounted prices. Patients comment on the professionalism, clean equipment, and willingness to replace damaged lenses.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and helpful staff at Stanton Optical. They are described as professional, polite, and cordial.
- Patient and understanding: The staff at Stanton Optical are praised for their patience and understanding. They are willing to walk through each step of the eye exam process and take the time to ensure that everything is done correctly. They also show understanding towards customers who may need multiple exams or adjustments to find the right prescription.
Eye Associates of New Mexico
806 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
Reviews mention both positive experiences like competent doctors, friendly staff, and quality care as well as negative experiences like rude staff, long waits, lack of explanations, and billing issues.
- Thorough and quick eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that their eye exams were quick and thorough, indicating that the eye care center provides efficient and comprehensive examinations.
- Written instructions provided: One reviewer appreciated receiving written instructions when leaving the office, highlighting the practice's attention to detail and commitment to ensuring patients have clear guidance after their visit.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Several reviews praised the staff's knowledge, professionalism, and friendliness, indicating that patients feel well taken care of by the team at this eye care center.
Dr Courtney Chavez OD
1420 N Renaissance Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107
Dr. Chavez receives excellent reviews for her professional and affordable eye care. Patients describe a friendly, quick-service environment. However, some express frustration with the office’s communication around scheduling and billing. While Dr. Chavez herself garners praise, improvements in staff attitude and responsiveness would further enhance the patient experience.
- Dr. Chavez is excellent, professional, and takes the time to remember her patients.
- The staff is friendly, accommodating, and ensures social distancing and mask-wearing.
- The office provides quick service, especially for eye exams and prescriptions.
- The optometrist is kind, informative, and great with both adults and children.
- The office is conveniently located near Costco and Sam's Club for discounted eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- They have a thorough and efficient process, making the entire exam experience pleasant.
- The customer service and care provided by the office staff is exemplary.
- The optometrist takes the time to listen to patients' needs and ensures a quick appointment.
5101 Coors Blvd NW # E, Albuquerque, NM 87120
Dr. Rodriguez and his team receive consistent praise for their excellent customer service and high quality care. Patients describe wonderful experiences with the friendly and professional staff. Doctors at the center conduct accurate, thorough eye exams, with Dr. Rodriguez noted for his expertise.
- Dr. Rodriguez and his team provide excellent customer service and are highly recommended for eye exams.
- The staff at Westside EyeCare is friendly, professional, and attentive, especially when it comes to working with children or individuals with special needs.
- The doctors at Westside EyeCare are thorough and communicative, providing attentive and friendly service.
Blink: Dr. Alissa Irons
201 Slate Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
The eye care center is lauded for its professional, efficient, and friendly staff. Patients also comment favorably on the expertise and rapport of Dr. Irons. However, one reviewer cites prescription and communication issues. On the whole, customers recommend this practice for its top-notch service and advanced technology.
- Professional and friendly staff: The staff at this eye care center is described as professional and friendly, providing a positive experience for customers.
- State-of-the-art equipment: The eye care center is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, ensuring a thorough and up-to-date examination.
- Personalized and attentive care: Customers appreciate the personalized and attentive care they receive from Dr. Irons and her staff, making them feel valued and well taken care of.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in New Mexico
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, the percentage of people in New Mexico aged 40-64 who were blind or had difficulty seeing was slightly higher than those aged 65+ at 8.71% and 8.56%, respectively. in New Mexico, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in New Mexico
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in New Mexico.
- The In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost double for those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 7%. and In New Mexico in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high as the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing, suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in New Mexico
- In New Mexico, 6.93% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in New Mexico
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.05% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 8.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in New Mexico face even higher rates at 8.56%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in New Mexico
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in New Mexico.
- 13.9% of those with diabetes and 12.6% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in New Mexico
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.28% of children in New Mexico having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.25% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in New Mexico
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.93% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in New Mexico.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.