Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Newark, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 160 LASIK Surgeons in Newark, NJ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 28276 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Newark.
102 James St Suite 204, Edison, NJ 08820
LasikPlus is a highly rated surgeon's office with a professional staff that makes patients feel comfortable. Financing options are available and the prices are reasonable. Mild discomfort after surgery is reported by some, but it quickly subsides.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The prices are very reasonable.
- They have a great finance program.
- The doctors and staff are very professional and helpful.
Matthew J. Marano Jr., MD
200 S Orange Ave Suite 209, Livingston, NJ 07039
Dr. Marano and his team are highly regarded for their expertise and compassionate care. Patients appreciate the friendly staff and efficient service. While Dr. Marano is in high demand, patients trust in his professionalism and commitment to patient satisfaction.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at this practice.
- Dr. Marano is an excellent doctor with a heart for his patients.
- The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- The office is clean and organized.
Manhattan LASIK Center - Paramus Office
95 NJ-17, Paramus, NJ 07652
Manhattan LASIK Center - Paramus Office provides a painless and efficient lasik surgery experience with friendly and informative staff. Patients can expect a quick and easy process without any discomfort during or after the surgery. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a top-quality lasik surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable and confident at Manhattan Lasik Center.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- There is no pain during or after the surgery.
- Recovery time is very short.
Wills Laser Vision at Princeton
419 N Harrison St Suite 209, Princeton, NJ 08540
Wills Laser Vision at Princeton is a highly recommended lasik surgeon's office. The knowledgeable staff and thorough explanations of the procedure put patients at ease. Patients report a great experience with no surprises.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- Procedures are explained in detail and there are no surprises.
- Recovery is quick and patients can see results very quickly.
Robert Wertheimer, M.D.
213 Park St, Montclair, NJ 07042
Dr. Wertheimer's eye care practice boasts efficient staff and short wait times. Patients appreciate his attentive listening and excellent medical expertise. Trust in this practice for your LASIK needs.
- People feel confident in their care decisions because Dr. Wertheimer explains things well.
- He is an excellent diagnostician and a careful listener, which makes him great at treating patients with eye problems.
- The staff are courteous and efficient, which helps to make the experience pleasant for patients.
- Cataract surgery by Dr. Wertheimer was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I would highly recommend him to others.
Bardha Fejzo, O.D. - Associates in Ophthalmology
22 Old Short Hills Rd STE 102, Livingston, NJ 07039
Dr. Bardha Fejzo and her team at Associates in Ophthalmology provide exceptional care to their patients. The office is clean and the staff is friendly, making for a comfortable experience. Dr. Fejzo's professionalism and knowledge make her highly recommended for anyone seeking a lasik surgeon.
- People feel welcomed and comfortable when visiting Dr. Fejzo's office.
- The staff is friendly and helpful, making the visit more pleasant.
- Dr. Fejzo is an excellent doctor who takes her time to listen to patients and explain their conditions in detail.
- The office is clean and organized, making it easy to wait for your appointment.
Adam S Friend MD
65 Harristown Rd Suite 302, Glen Rock, NJ 07452
Dr. Adam S. Friend is a professional, kind, and efficient lasik surgeon who provides wonderful care to his patients. His office has received aggregate reviews that are overwhelmingly positive, with no complaints from patients. If you're looking for a skilled and caring lasik surgeon, Dr. Friend's practice is an excellent choice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Friend and his team.
- The clinic is well run and efficient, with a focus on providing quality care while also being compassionate.
- There are no complaints from this patient about their experience with Dr. Friend or his staff.
Paul D Langer, MD
90 Bergen St DOC, 6100 IOVS, Newark, NJ 07103
Dr. Langer is a skilled and compassionate lasik surgeon who is highly regarded by his patients. His empathetic approach and dedication to patient care have earned him a reputation as one of the best doctors in the practice. Patients appreciate his expertise and the personalized attention they receive from him and the team.
- People feel very comfortable with him. He is very down to earth and easy to talk to.
- He has a lot of experience and knows what he's doing.
- He is very compassionate and caring.
- He always takes the time to listen to you and answer your questions.
Fox Martin L MD
475 Prospect Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052
Dr. Fox Martin L MD's KAMRA inlay procedure has been praised for its painless and quick recovery process. Patients have reported significant improvement in their close-up vision and reduced reliance on reading glasses. While there may be slight blurring of distance vision in one eye, patients are still satisfied with the results.
- People feel that the doctor is very knowledgeable and experienced.
- There are no long term side effects that have been reported.
- The procedure was painless and there was minimal downtime.
- The results of the surgery were as expected and the patient is very happy with the outcome.
Merin T. Abraham, OD
306 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Newark, NJ 07102
Dr. Merin T. Abraham's office is known for its friendly and professional staff. Patients appreciate the thorough examinations and personalized care provided by the doctor. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a skilled and attentive lasik surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable and welcome at this clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and professional.
- They take the time to ask questions and really listen to their patients.
Spier Bernard C MD
71 2nd St, South Orange, NJ 07079
Spier Bernard C MD's office is known for its competent and compassionate care. Patients appreciate the professional and pleasant staff, as well as the doctor's expertise. It's a great choice for anyone seeking a skilled lasik surgeon.
- People feel very comfortable with the doctor and his staff.
- The doctor is very competent and compassionate.
- They offer a great deal of services, which is helpful.
Jeffrey R. Boyd, M.D.
4102 Ogletown Stanton Rd # 1, Newark, DE 19713
Dr. Boyd is a highly skilled and experienced cataract surgeon who comes highly recommended by his patients. His expertise in this field is unmatched, making him a top choice for anyone in need of this procedure. You can trust that you are in good hands at this practice.
- People feel very confident in his abilities.
- He is very experienced and has performed many surgeries.
- He is a very good doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients.
Phillips Hadley H MD
2201 Bergenline Ave #3, Union City, NJ 07087
Dr. Phillips and Dr. Hadley are both professional and personable. However, the wait time can be lengthy. The office provides a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere.
- People feel like they are taken care of well.
- The wait time is not too long, considering the amount of patients that are seen at a time.
- All staff members seem to be very friendly and professional.
- Overall, I feel like the doctors here are highly skilled and know what they're doing.
Dr. Anthony Panariello
594 Broadway, Bayonne, NJ 07002
Dr. Anthony Panariello has been a dedicated lasik surgeon for over 20 years, providing attentive and caring service to his patients. His expertise and commitment to his craft have earned him a reputation as a trusted and skilled practitioner. Patients can feel confident in their vision care under his care.
- People feel very comfortable with him and feel like he truly cares about them.
- He is very attentive and takes the time to listen to what they have to say.
- He has a lot of experience and is able to provide quality care.
Dr. Benjamin P. Natale, DO
1050 Galloping Hill Rd # 104, Union, NJ 07083
Dr. Natale, DO is a knowledgeable and attentive lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients' concerns. Some have noted that he can be a bit pushy, but his expertise and care make him a trusted choice for those seeking vision correction. Patients can feel confident in the quality of care they will receive at this practice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Natale.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in his field, which makes him a great doctor to consult with.
- He has a genuine interest in helping his patients achieve optimal health.
- His office staff is friendly and helpful, making it easy to schedule appointments and get information about their medical condition.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article