Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in Jersey City, NJ
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 86 LASIK Surgeons in Jersey City, NJ, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 20341 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Jersey City.
102 James St Suite 204, Edison, NJ 08820
LasikPlus is a highly recommended surgeon's office with professional staff and doctors who make patients feel comfortable. Financing options are available and the price is reasonable. Some patients experienced mild discomfort after surgery, but it was quickly resolved with prescribed eye drops.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- The price is good.
- They have finance options.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Manhattan LASIK Center - Paramus Office
95 NJ-17, Paramus, NJ 07652
Manhattan LASIK Center - Paramus Office provides a painless and efficient lasik surgery experience with friendly and helpful staff. Patients appreciate the quick and easy process, leaving them with no pain during or after the surgery. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a comfortable and successful lasik surgery.
- People feel very comfortable and confident at Manhattan Lasik Center.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Recovery time is very short, with no pain involved.
Wills Laser Vision at Princeton
419 N Harrison St Suite 209, Princeton, NJ 08540
Wills Laser Vision at Princeton is a highly recommended LASIK surgery center. The friendly staff and skilled surgeons, including Dr. Wong, provide a reassuring experience for patients. Many have reported no pain or discomfort after their surgery, making Wills Laser Vision a top choice for those seeking LASIK.
- People feel comfortable and welcome at the Princeton Eye Group.
- The staff is knowledgeable and experienced in performing laser vision correction surgery.
- Dr. Wong has a wealth of experience and expertise in performing laser vision correction surgery, which makes him an excellent choice for your treatment.
75 W Front St, Red Bank, NJ 07701
Frieman Ophthalmology is a highly professional and knowledgeable practice with a convenient location near Seaview Optical. Dr. Frieman's prescribed lenses have yielded excellent results for some patients, although others have expressed concerns about his focus on selling products.
- People feel very confident in the care they receive from Dr. Lawrence Frieman and his team. They are very thorough with their exams, which is important for ensuring that all potential issues are identified and addressed.
- The location is great, as it is close to where many people live in Red Bank.
- The prices are reasonable, especially when compared to other providers in the area.
Ricciardelli Emanuel F MD
1670 John F. Kennedy Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07305
Dr. Ricciardelli is highly regarded as an expert in ear, nose, and throat care at this practice. Patients appreciate his helpfulness and knowledge. His expertise makes him a top choice for those seeking exceptional care.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Ricciardelli and feel that he truly cares about their well-being.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a great deal of experience in the field of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) care.
- He takes the time to listen to his patients and provides them with personalized care.
New Jersey Eye MD
11 Kiel Ave, Butler, NJ 07405
New Jersey Eye MD is a caring and attentive practice that provides thorough eye exams. Patients appreciate the doctor's ability to reassure them about their condition after a complete exam. It's a great place to go for a professional and personalized experience.
- People feel comfortable with the doctor and feel like they can trust him.
- The doctor is very knowledgeable about his field and is able to provide helpful advice.
- He takes the time to listen to patients and understand their concerns.
- The office staff are friendly and welcoming.
Taj G. Khan, DO
724 Jersey Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Dr. Taj G. Khan, DO is a knowledgeable and helpful lasik surgeon who provides excellent service. Patients consistently praise his expertise and appreciate his attentive care. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Khan and his staff.
- Dr. Khan is very knowledgeable and always takes the time to answer any questions or concerns that patients may have.
- The office is always clean and organized, making it easy for patients to get their appointments scheduled.
Cervenak Betty MD
203 Palisade Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
Dr. Cervenak is a caring and professional lasik surgeon who provides thorough examinations and clear explanations of any issues. Patients appreciate her expertise and attention to detail. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking quality eye care.
- People feel very comfortable with this doctor. They feel like she is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to them.
- This doctor is excellent at explaining any and all issues that may be present. She is also very thorough in her examinations, which makes her a great choice for those who are looking for a high level of care.
Phillips Hadley H MD
2201 Bergenline Ave #3, Union City, NJ 07087
Phillips Hadley H MD's office is known for its professional and attentive staff, although there may be a long wait time. Patients find the wait worth it for the high level of care they receive. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking a skilled lasik surgeon.
- People feel like they are taken care of well.
- The wait time is not too long, considering the number of patients that are seen at a time.
- The staff is very friendly and welcoming.
2999 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
LASIK Experts is a professional office with friendly staff and skilled doctors. The process was easy and painless, with no complications. The surgery was quick and efficient, leaving patients satisfied with their experience.
- People feel very comfortable here.
- Procedures are very quick and painless.
- Staff is friendly and professional.
The LASIK Vision Institute
336 W Passaic St Ste 202, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
The LASIK Vision Institute is a friendly and efficient practice for those seeking lasik surgery. Patients report minimal discomfort post-surgery, with most achieving 20/20 or better vision. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, making the experience a positive one for those seeking improved vision.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the procedure.
- There are many locations throughout the United States, so patients can find a location that is convenient for them.
- Patients typically see excellent results after undergoing LASIK surgery here.
Associates in Ophthalmology
22 Old Short Hills Rd STE 102, Livingston, NJ 07039
Associates in Ophthalmology is a top-rated practice for LASIK surgery. The knowledgeable and personable doctors, along with the helpful and professional staff, make for a great experience. Patients appreciate the top-of-the-line equipment and quick appointments.
- People feel welcome and comfortable at this office.
- Equipment is top of the line, making for an efficient experience.
- Doctors are knowledgeable and helpful.
- Procedures are explained in detail to patients beforehand.
Dello Russo Laser Vision
385 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Dello Russo Laser Vision is a friendly and efficient practice for laser vision correction. The procedure is quick and painless, with accurate measurements taken after a three-day period without contacts. Patients are pleased with their experience at this reputable lasik surgeon's office.
- People feel very welcoming and comfortable when coming in for a consultation.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful, making the entire experience more pleasant.
- The procedure itself is quick and painless, with patients seeing great results right away.
- Dr. Dello Russo truly cares about his patients and their vision, providing top-notch service throughout the process.
Cliffside Cataract and LASIK Center. Richard E. Levine, MD. Board-Certified Cataract and LASIK Specialist
663 Palisade Ave #303, Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
Cliffside Cataract and LASIK Center, led by Dr. Levine, is a trusted destination for cataract surgery. Patients rave about the exceptional care they receive from the knowledgeable staff and the impressive results of their surgeries. The practice is highly recommended for those seeking top-quality eye care.
- People feel very safe and in good hands with Dr. Levine
- Excellent and knowledgeable doctor
- Pain free procedure
- Restore vision to 20/20
Laser Vision Correction Center of New Jersey
16 S Jefferson Rd 2nd Floor, Whippany, NJ 07981
The Laser Vision Correction Center of New Jersey is known for its exceptional care and attention to detail. Dr. Murphy and her team provide thorough exams and personalized treatment plans, ensuring patients feel comfortable and informed. With skilled surgeons like Dr. Miller and knowledgeable staff like Jay, patients can trust they are in good hands for their vision needs.
- People feel very comfortable here. They feel like they can trust the staff and that their concerns will be taken seriously.
- The doctors are very knowledgeable and take the time to explain everything to their patients.
- The office is very clean and organized, making it easy for patients to find what they're looking for.
- Prices are reasonable, especially when compared to other optometrists in the area.
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute
300 Frank W Burr Blvd, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute is a highly recommended LASIK surgery center. Patients praise the friendly and informative staff, painless surgery, and Dr. Hersh's expertise and patience. The office is helpful and guides patients through the process with ease.
- People feel very professional and helpful.
- Procedures are explained in detail.
- Surgery is painless with few hours of stinging afterwards.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article