Best LASIK Surgeon In Las Vegas, NV
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 182 LASIK Surgeons in Las Vegas, NV, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6963 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Las Vegas.
Nevada Eye Care East - an NVISION Eye Center
2090 E Flamingo Rd Suite #100, Las Vegas, NV 89119
The positive reviews of the lasik surgeon practice highlight the overall experience as excellent, with efficient and professional staff. The doctors were thorough in their exams and showed care and concern for their patients. Many patients had successful surgeries and reported feeling excited about their improved vision. However, some negative reviews mentioned issues with communication or administrative processes. Overall, patients appreciated the friendly and helpful staff and the excellent quality of care at the practice.
- Highly professional and knowledgeable doctors.
- Friendly and helpful staff, including ophthalmic technicians and receptionists.
- Excellent results and outcomes from eye surgeries and treatments, according to satisfied patients.
Las Vegas Eye Institute
9555 S Eastern Ave Suite 260, Las Vegas, NV 89123
Las Vegas Eye Institute, led by Dr. Matthew Swanic, has received overwhelmingly positive reviews indicating that patients are highly satisfied with the practice. Patients report that Dr. Swanic and his team are knowledgeable, professional, and caring. The staff is commended for their friendliness and efficiency and the diagnostic equipment is up-to-date. Most patients state that the procedures are quick and painless and that their vision has significantly improved following treatment. Overall, patients highly recommend Las Vegas Eye Institute to anyone looking for high-quality eye care.
- Highly competent and professional staff with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Dr. Swanic is knowledgeable, caring, and experienced in performing successful eye surgeries, including cataract removal and LASIK.
- Friendly, accommodating, and efficient staff with excellent patient care and communication skills.
Abrams Eye Institute
6450 Medical Center St Suite #100, Las Vegas, NV 89148
The reviews for the Lasik surgeon practice are overwhelmingly positive. Patients appreciate the professional and knowledgeable staff, caring demeanor of the doctors, and efficient office environment. Many patients highly recommend the practice and feel confident in the care they are receiving. The practice appears to prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction, making it a top choice for Lasik surgery.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Abrams and Dr. Shah.
- Excellent and thorough service, with personal care and great results.
- Efficient and friendly office atmosphere, with short wait times and easy check-in process.
The LASIK Vision Institute
7501 W Lake Mead Blvd Suite 104 Ste 104, Las Vegas, NV 89128
Patients rave about the LASIK Vision Institute and their skilled surgeons. They report efficient and smooth processes, with friendly and professional staff. Patients are thrilled with their affordable and painless procedures, with some of them having 20/15 vision or even 20/20 vision within a matter of days. They highly recommend LASIK Vision Institute to anyone looking for laser eye surgery.
- Efficient and smooth process, with friendly and comfortable staff and doctors.
- Affordable pricing, with promotions available.
- Excellent results, with many reviewers achieving 20/20 or even 20/15 vision, and satisfied with their experience overall.
Wellish Vision Institute
2110 E Flamingo Rd # 210, Las Vegas, NV 89119
The Wellish Vision Institute has several positive reviews, with patients praising their doctors for being professional, knowledgeable, caring, and attentive to their needs. Patients also appreciate the helpfulness and efficiency of the staff, the cleanliness of the office, and the quality of the care provided. Some patients recommend the institute for LASIK surgery, while others commend the doctors for accurately diagnosing and resolving their eye problems. However, there were some complaints about long wait times and unprofessional phone support.
- Excellent and knowledgeable doctors, including Dr. Tran and Dr. Hanna.
- Friendly and helpful staff, with some reviewers noting that the staff are dedicated and go above and beyond.
- Many reviewers report positive experiences with LASIK surgery, with some noting improved vision and no more need for glasses or contacts.
LASIK of Nevada - Las Vegas South
8190 S Maryland Pkwy #100, Las Vegas, NV 89123
Patients raved about their positive experiences at Lasik of Nevada, commending the friendly and knowledgeable staff, the seamless and quick procedures, and the exceptional skill and care of Dr. Rothman. Many patients praised the life-changing quality of the procedure and their new clear eyesight, with some noting they should have had it done sooner. Patients highly recommend Lasik of Nevada to others considering the procedure. However, one patient experienced continued vision problems after the surgery.
- Efficient and friendly staff.
- Amazing results with quick and painless procedures.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors who make patients feel comfortable and at ease.
Wellish Vision Institute
2555 Box Canyon Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89128
The Wellish Vision Institute is highly recommended by many reviewers who praise the thoroughness, professionalism, and caring approach of the staff and doctors, particularly Dr. Wellish, Dr. May, Dr. Hanna, Dr. Mattheis, and Dr. Saboori. Patients highlight effective treatments for a range of eye conditions, including CXL, Lasik, and dry eye, and appreciate the informative explanations provided by the doctors. The facility is described as clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly, organized, and efficient, although some reviewers mention long wait times. Overall, patients feel well taken care of and confident in the expertise of the Wellish Vision Institute team.
- Professional and friendly staff
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced doctors who offer excellent eye care
- Thorough and efficient service, with minimal wait times for appointments.
LASIK of Nevada - Las Vegas North
1225 S Fort Apache Rd #145, Las Vegas, NV 89117
Patients had highly positive feedback on Lasik of Nevada’s staff, service, and results, describing it as a great and amazing experience, and highly recommending it to anyone considering Lasik. Patients noted that Dr. Rothman and the staff were very professional, accommodating, knowledgeable, and friendly, and that the operation was quick, painless, and well-explained. The staff were also praised for their customer service, honesty, and thoroughness, as well as for making patients feel comfortable and welcome throughout the process.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff that makes patients feel comfortable and at ease.
- Dr. Rothman is a skilled surgeon who is passionate about his work and ensuring the safety and accuracy of the procedure.
- Accommodating and well-organized practice that values customer service and provides excellent results.
Richard Rothman, MD
8190 S Maryland Pkwy #100, Las Vegas, NV 89123
Patients have had very positive experiences with LASIK of Nevada. They have mentioned that the staff and doctors are friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. Many people have said that their vision has improved significantly or they now have 20/20 vision, and they recommend LASIK of Nevada to others. Patients have mentioned that the whole process, from consultation to follow-up, was smooth and painless.
- Highly skilled surgeon and amazing staff.
- Quick and painless procedure with immediate results.
- Patient-centric approach and exceptional care throughout the process.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article