Best Eye Doctors In North Las Vegas, NV
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed North Las Vegas Optometrists in North Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze North Las Vegas reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in North Las Vegas.
Opticas Veinte Veinte (20/20)
556 N Eastern Ave Suite A, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Most reviews highlight friendly staff and quality service. A couple mention overpriced contacts and poor customer service. But many praise the eye doctors for their helpfulness, efficiency, and fair pricing.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick and efficient eye exams
- Great selection of frames with assistance in choosing the right one
Las Vegas Family Eye Care
1300 S Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89104
This eye care center receives outstanding reviews for its welcoming and reliable staff, thorough and patient optometrists, and exceptional eye exam experiences. Customers describe the knowledgeable and friendly staff as a key reason they highly recommend this place.
- Highly recommended by multiple reviewers: Many reviewers highly recommend this eye care center based on their positive experiences with the staff, optometrists, and overall service.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: The staff at this eye care center are described as welcoming, reliable, patient, and great with kids. They go above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable and well-treated.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: The optometrists at this center are praised for their thoroughness and ability to explain the eye exam process in a way that patients can easily understand. They take the time to address any concerns or questions, ensuring a comprehensive experience.
230 N Nellis Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89110
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its friendly, helpful staff and thorough eye exams. While a few customers experienced billing issues or rushed appointments, many still recommend this location for eye care and eyewear.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being amazing, polite, friendly, and accommodating. They provide excellent customer service and make patients feel comfortable during their visit.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Reviewers praise the eye exams, mentioning that they were thorough, complete, and explained clearly by the professionals. The doctors are knowledgeable and provide a pleasant experience during the examination process.
- Convenient and efficient service: Many reviewers mention that the process of getting an eye exam and selecting frames was easy, efficient, and fast. They appreciate the short wait times, convenience of walk-ins, and quick turnaround for getting glasses or receiving test results.
Desert Eye Care
765 N Nellis Blvd #6, Las Vegas, NV 89110
The eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its efficient service, helpful staff, and thorough exams by Dr. Gupta. A few negative reviews cite long waits, impolite staff, and communication issues with masks. However, most customers were satisfied overall and would recommend the center.
- Fast and efficient service for walk-ins: One reviewer mentioned being able to make an appointment, get an eye exam, choose glasses, and pay for them all in the same day, even as a walk-in customer. They were pleased with the convenience and efficiency of the service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Several reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, polite, and patient. They felt well taken care of and received assistance in picking out frames that suited them.
- Professional and thorough exams: Multiple reviewers praised the doctor for their professionalism and thoroughness during the eye exams. They felt that the doctor took their time to explain everything clearly and ensure the patients understood the results and any necessary treatments or prescriptions.
1513 W Craig Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Customers were satisfied with the thorough, professional eye exams and helpful, patient service from staff like Ashley and Teresa at this LensCrafters. While knowledgeable about insurance, there was an isolated negative experience with an employee unwilling to assist a customer ordering glasses online. Nonetheless, most reviewers would recommend this location.
- Ashley, one of the associates, was extremely patient and dedicated to helping customers find their vision insurance information, ultimately saving them money on their eye exams and prescription glasses.
- The staff, including Dr. Truong, Teresa, and Jessica, were professional, attentive, and provided clear explanations about eye conditions and insurance options.
- The customer service at this location was outstanding, with multiple reviewers highlighting the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, including Ashley, Teresa, Jessica, and Jay.
Progressive Eyecare – North Las Vegas
1513 W Craig Rd Suite 1, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
This eye care center provides quality care from knowledgeable doctors, though some customers experienced longer waits or felt pressured to purchase upgraded products.
- The staff at this eye care center has exceptional customer service skills and ensures that patients are comfortable throughout the entire process.
- The doctors at this eye care center are thorough, professional, and take the time to answer any concerns or questions that patients may have.
- The eye care center provides excellent care and attention to detail, with modern machinery and easy check-in processes.
Jeffrey K. Austin, OD, FAAO
2020 Wellness Wy #402, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Reviews of this eye care center and its doctors are overwhelmingly positive. Patients describe Dr. Austin as professional, thorough, and caring. They appreciate his attentiveness to their questions. The staff earns high marks for friendliness, knowledge, and helpfulness. The office is clean and organized. Patients feel comfortable and well cared for during their visits.
- Thorough and professional eye care with attentive staff
- Dr. Austin has excellent bedside manners and listens to patients' concerns
- Centrally located office with clean facilities
Nevada Eye Physicians
2020 Wellness Wy #401, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Patients highly regard the eye doctors’ expertise, particularly Dr. Warner and Dr. Zamora. Their attentive, personalized care stands out, especially for those with special needs or emergencies. The friendly, accommodating staff contributes to a pleasant, professional experience.
- They are accommodating and knowledgeable when it comes to special needs children, making sure to take the time needed and providing friendly and patient care.
- They provide prompt and efficient emergency services, ensuring that patients with urgent eye issues are seen quickly and referred to appropriate specialists when needed.
- They have friendly and helpful staff overall, with courteous and knowledgeable physicians who take the time to explain procedures and treatment options.
Vision Veinte Veinte, Dr Nataly Gammoh
556 N Eastern Ave Suite A, Las Vegas, NV 89101
The majority of reviews for this eye care center are positive, highlighting an amazing overall experience, great staff, and quick, professional eye exams. Rosa and Juan Pablo are singled out for their caring, helpful manner. A few negative reviews mention obtaining glasses, scheduling appointments, and incorrect prescriptions, but these appear to be rare incidents. In general, most customers report positive experiences and would recommend this eye care center.
- Super caring and smooth experience from arrival to departure
- Quick and professional eye exams
- Great customer service from knowledgeable and helpful staff, particularly Rosa and Juan Pablo
Andrew P. Kwong, OD
2020 Wellness Wy #402, Las Vegas, NV 89106
Dr. Kwong comes highly recommended for his thorough and compassionate eye exams. Patients describe him taking time to explain everything clearly and putting them at ease. The eye care center has a friendly staff and well-maintained facility.
- Dr. Kwong is thorough, knowledgeable, and explains everything during eye exams.
- Dr. Kwong is friendly, personable, and has a great sense of humor, making the visit enjoyable.
- The facility is nice, the staff is friendly, and the wait time is minimal.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Nevada
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Nevada reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Nevada, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Nevada
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Nevada.
- The In Nevada in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (8.53%) compared to the overall population (5.96%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2.57%. and In Nevada in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (8.44%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (5.96%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.5%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Nevada
- In Nevada, 5.96% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Nevada
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.4% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 6.62% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Nevada face even higher rates at 7.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Nevada
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Nevada.
- 8.53% of those with diabetes and 8.44% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Nevada
- Early vision care is crucial, with 60.63% of children in Nevada having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 3.3% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Nevada
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 5.96% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Nevada.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.