Best Eye Doctors In Lincoln, NE
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lincoln Optometrists in Lincoln, Lincoln, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lincoln reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lincoln.
Sutton Linder and Sutton
1710 S 70th St, Lincoln, NE 68506
Current Specials: Free Lasik Consultation
Sutton Linder and Sutton provide exceptional service with a friendly, informative, caring staff who take time to answer questions and ease anxiety. Several appreciate personal follow-up calls showing high care. Many strongly recommend them for LASIK with improved vision in 24 hours, though one experienced worsened dry eye post-LASIK and they worked to find a solution. Overall an extremely positive, life-changing patient experience.
- Exceptional and caring staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They took the time to answer questions, explain the procedures, and make patients feel comfortable and cared for.
- Personalized attention: Many reviewers highlighted the fact that the doctors themselves took the time to follow up with them after the procedure. This extra level of care and attention left a positive impact on their experience and showed the dedication of the doctors to their patients.
- Efficient and successful procedures: Reviewers mentioned that the procedures, whether it was LASIK or ASA, were quick, painless, and successful. They were impressed with the results and the improvement in their vision. Some reviewers even experienced 20/20 vision within 24 hours of the procedure.
2943 Pine Lake Rd, Lincoln, NE 68516
The eye exam center received mixed reviews regarding glasses services, with some customers reporting issues with fitting, pricing, delayed orders, and staff knowledge. However, many patients appreciated the professional, friendly staff and knowledgeable doctors, particularly for thorough eye exams.
- Based on the reviews, here are the pros for the eye care center:
- Thorough eye exams: Many reviewers mentioned that they had great experiences with their eye exams and found the staff and doctors knowledgeable and professional.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviewers praised the staff for being welcoming, friendly, and providing assistance with frame selection and answering questions.
- Patient-centered care: Reviewers remarked that the doctors took the time to explain things thoroughly and provide personalized recommendations for eyeglasses or contacts. Some also mentioned appreciating the extra steps taken by the doctors, such as additional scans, to ensure proper treatment.
7930 O St, Lincoln, NE 68510
EyeCare Specialties is well-reviewed for friendly staff and comprehensive eye exams, though some patients report inaccurate orders, long waits, poor customer service, and costly eyewear.
- Friendly and efficient staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at EyeCare Specialties is friendly and provides efficient service during eye exams and glasses selection.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors at EyeCare Specialties for their knowledge and thoroughness during eye exams, ensuring accurate prescriptions and addressing any concerns.
- Wide selection of eyewear: Some reviews highlight the large selection of sunglasses and eyewear available at EyeCare Specialties, making the process of choosing glasses easier and more convenient.
1012 N 27th St, Lincoln, NE 68503
Heartland Optical provides exceptional, thorough eye exams using state-of-the-art technology. Patients praise their professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. Their opticians take time to address concerns, recommend frames, and ensure patients make informed choices. With excellent service and care, Heartland Optical comes highly recommended.
- Exceptional professionalism and thorough eye exams: The staff at Heartland Optical is highly professional and knowledgeable, providing thorough eye exams using state-of-the-art equipment. They ensure that all your eye care needs are met.
- Wide selection of frames and helpful opticians: Heartland Optical offers a large selection of both reading and sunglasses frames. The friendly and capable opticians are attentive and assist you in selecting the perfect frames that suit your needs.
- Quick and efficient service: The eye exams at Heartland Optical are relatively quick yet thorough. The staff values your time and strives to provide efficient service, getting you in and out of the appointment promptly.
Clear Vision Eye Care
570 Fallbrook Blvd Suite 108, Lincoln, NE 68521
This eye care center receives glowing reviews for its friendly, professional staff and modern, well-organized facility. Patients describe thorough, cutting-edge eye exams where doctors take time to explain results and answer questions. Most praise the comprehensive exams and focus on optimal eye health, though one critic noted expired eye drops and excessive mask mandate focus over product quality. In all, most highly recommend this exceptional, comprehensive eye care center.
- Excellent customer service and professionalism: The staff at this eye care center is friendly, professional, and patient. They provide a well-organized, clean, and modern environment for eye exams, and take the time to answer questions and explain the results thoroughly.
- State-of-the-art equipment and thorough exams: The eye exams at this center are described as state-of-the-art, with a comprehensive range of tests using modern and non-invasive equipment. Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the exams and the opportunity to understand the health of their eyes better than ever before.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists: Both Dr. Bateman and Dr. Peters are praised for their knowledge, thoroughness, and ability to explain things in a clear and understandable way. They take the time to answer questions and work hard to ensure patients are prescribed the right prescription and contacts. The staff is also knowledgeable and can assist with insurance matters and frame selection.
Dr. Elizabeth Goerke, Optometrist, and Associates – Lincoln
125 S 66th St, Lincoln, NE 68510
Pearle Vision on 66th & O Street in Lincoln, NE is lauded for affordable, comprehensive eye exams and a congenial, supportive staff. Patients appreciate Dr. Goerke’s meticulous exams, professional demeanor, and talent for putting them at ease. The eye care center offers a smooth, pleasant experience. Their staff earns high marks for helping with insurance and flex plans.
- Thorough and low-cost eye exams, including for Medicare patients
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide excellent customer service
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrists who provide detailed explanations during the exam and address patient needs
2500 Northview Rd, Lincoln, NE 68521
The eye care center’s positive reviews cite the expertise and friendly nature of the doctors. Patients value the doctors’ skill in making eye exams fun for kids and clearly explaining treatment options. Customers also appreciate the prompt, professional service from the staff.
- The eye examination was great and the doctors are knowledgeable and friendly.
- The staff is professional and provides prompt service.
- The eye care center has cutting-edge technology for examining eyes and stays on the forefront of advancements in eye care.
Lincoln Vision Center
651 N 66th St # 100, Lincoln, NE 68505
The expert eye care professionals at this center provide an exemplary patient experience. Patients consistently compliment the knowledgeable, friendly service from receptionists, optometrists, and contact lens specialists. Numerous patients cite the doctor’s clear explanations and attentive care by name as highlights of their visits.
- Great customer service and friendly staff.
- Knowledgeable and experienced opticians who take their time to help customers find the right frames.
- Doctors are professional, thorough, and explain any changes or potential problems with the eyes.
5100 N 27th St, Lincoln, NE 68521
While most reviewers praised the helpful staff, some felt pressured by upselling tactics for lenses and expressed dissatisfaction with pricing. A few reviewers also noted issues with prescription accuracy and delivery delays for glasses orders. However, the majority reported positive experiences, especially with the manager’s insurance assistance and overall eye exam and glasses selection process.
- Great selection of glasses and helpful staff
- Friendly and professional staff for eye exams
- Excellent customer service and assistance in finding frames
Dr. Laura Bokemper, Optometrist, and Associates – O Street
1201 O St, Lincoln, NE 68508
The eye care center provides attentive and thorough eye exams. Doctors take time to explain findings. Staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Patients feel they receive personal attention and are satisfied with the overall experience.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Patient and caring optometrists and assistants
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Nebraska
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Nebraska experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Nebraska, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Nebraska
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Nebraska.
- The In Nebraska in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost 2.5 times higher among those with diabetes compared to the overall population, indicating that diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Nebraska in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (6.36%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (3.97%), suggesting that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 2.39%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Nebraska
- In Nebraska, 3.97% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Nebraska
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.1% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.71% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Nebraska face even higher rates at 6.06%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Nebraska
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Nebraska.
- 9.87% of those with diabetes and 6.36% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Nebraska
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.71% of children in Nebraska having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.27% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Nebraska
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.97% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Nebraska.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.