Best Eye Doctors In Jackson, MS
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Jackson Optometrists in Jackson, Jackson, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Jackson reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Jackson.
EnVision Eye Care & Optical Boutique
1316 N State St, Jackson, MS 39202
EnVision Eye Care provides professional and thorough eye exams. Patients commend Dr. Hairston for her attentive expertise, with one crediting her for a retinal save. The welcoming staff and wide frame selection also draw praise. Customers highly recommend EnVision for its exceptional service and care.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at EnVision Eye Care are thorough and professional. Customers have specifically mentioned that Dr. Hairston is meticulous and knowledgeable, providing top-notch care for their eyes.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: The staff at EnVision Eye Care is consistently praised for being friendly, welcoming, and professional. Customers feel like they are part of a family and appreciate the warm and inviting environment.
- Wide selection of frames: The optical boutique at EnVision Eye Care offers a wide range of frames to choose from. Customers appreciate the variety and have mentioned that the staff is helpful in assisting them in finding the right frames that match their face and personality.
Mississippi Vision Correction Center
1053 River Oaks Dr, Flowood, MS 39232
The eye care center receives outstanding feedback for its knowledgeable and friendly optometrists who perform comprehensive eye exams using advanced diagnostic technology. Patients consistently mention the diligent care and attentive service that ensures accurate results and a positive experience. While a few note minor delays, most agree the center offers exceptional eye care.
- The eye care center has a team of knowledgeable and friendly staff who provide excellent customer service. They took the time to explain the eye exam process and answer all my questions."
- The eye care center has a wide selection of eyeglasses and contact lenses to choose from. The staff helped me find the perfect pair of glasses that fit my style and budget."
- The eye care center has state-of-the-art equipment and technology, which ensured a thorough and accurate eye exam. I felt confident in the results and recommendations provided by the optometrist."
HineSight Vision Care
1006 Treetops Blvd #105, Flowood, MS 39232
Patients praise Dr. Hinds and staff at HineSight eye care for their accommodating service. The professional, kind staff give thorough exams, happily answering questions. They efficiently handle insurance and appointments, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Their excellent customer service and perfect prescriptions make HineSight an recommended choice for eye care.
- Dr. Hines and her staff are highly knowledgeable and provide thorough eye care, even for young children.
- The atmosphere is welcoming and the customer service representatives are professional and helpful.
- The doctors and staff go above and beyond to ensure the best vision outcomes for patients and provide personalized care.
John H. McVey, MD
1200 N State St Suite 330, Jackson, MS 39202
Customers had an excellent experience with Dr. McVey. They found him to be kind, attentive, and skilled. Many enthusiastically recommend him for eye care needs.
- Dr. McVey is highly recommended: Multiple reviews praise Dr. McVey for being sweet, caring, and awesome. This indicates that patients appreciate his approach to eye care and have had positive experiences with him.
- Caring staff: One review highlights the caring nature of the staff, which suggests that the overall atmosphere at the eye care center is welcoming and customer-oriented.
Dr.Rebecca C. Patton, O.D.
120 District Blvd E d109, Jackson, MS 39211
Dr. Patton provides attentive and thorough eye exams. Patients recommend her caring expertise. The office staff also receives positive reviews for their service.
- Highly experienced and thorough eye doctor: Dr. Patton is praised for being the best in Mississippi and for being the most thorough and caring eye doctor. This indicates that patients can expect a high level of expertise and attention to detail during their eye exams.
- Excellent patient care: Patients appreciate the personalized attention and care they receive at this eye care center. The staff members are described as great, indicating a friendly and helpful environment for all patients.
- Trusted by families: The fact that the whole family sees Dr. Patton suggests that she is trustworthy and capable of providing comprehensive eye care services for patients of all ages. This is appealing for those looking for a reliable eye care center for their entire family.
Idowu Omolola O MD
2500 N State St # 4, Jackson, MS 39216
The patient was very satisfied with the glaucoma specialist at this eye care center, highlighting their excellent bedside manner and quality of care.
- Highly skilled glaucoma specialist: The eye care center has a glaucoma specialist who is highly regarded and considered the best by one of the reviewers.
- Excellent bedside manners: The specialist at the center is praised for her amazing bedside manners, indicating a caring approach towards patients.
- Patient-centered care: The reviewer appreciates the center for genuinely caring about their patients and providing quality eye care.
- Note: Due to the limited information provided, the third pro is inferred from the reviewer's comment about the center taking care of their eyes.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Mississippi
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Mississippi, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Mississippi, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Mississippi
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Mississippi.
- The In Mississippi, people with diabetes have a significantly higher risk of vision problems, with a percentage of 15.5 compared to the overall percentage of 8.98 for the population without any risk factors. and In Mississippi in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (13.3%) compared to the overall population (8.98%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4.32%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Mississippi
- In Mississippi, 8.98% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Mississippi
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 5.31% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 10.5% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Mississippi face even higher rates at 12.4%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Mississippi
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Mississippi.
- 15.5% of those with diabetes and 13.3% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Mississippi
- Early vision care is crucial, with 67.03% of children in Mississippi having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.85% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Mississippi
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 8.98% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Mississippi.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.