Best Eye Doctors In St. Paul, MN
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed St. Paul Optometrists in St. Paul, St. Paul, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze St. Paul reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in St. Paul.
1331 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Customers consistently commend the friendly staff, efficient service, and eye care expertise at this eye center. Individuals like Tway, Ken, and Dr. Fay are often cited for exceptional customer service. Customers also appreciate the wide selection of frames and clean facility.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, courteous, and made them feel valued and welcomed. They also appreciated the staff's ability to engage in conversations and make the experience enjoyable.
- Efficient and knowledgeable eye exams: Several reviewers specifically mentioned the optometrist, Dr. Fay, for being diligent, efficient, knowledgeable, and easygoing during their eye exams. They felt comfortable discussing optometry-related topics with him and appreciated his thoroughness.
- Quick and convenient service: Many reviewers praised the eye care center for providing fast and convenient service. They mentioned short wait times for appointments or walk-ins, quick eye exams, and efficient assistance in selecting frames. Some reviewers even got their glasses on the same day they had their eye exams.
St. Paul Eye Clinic
1093 Grand Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
Positive reviews highlight the caring and professional staff with quick and efficient exams. Patients appreciate the doctors’ thoroughness and excellent bedside manner. The clean clinic and helpful staff also received praise.
- Friendly and caring staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at Saint Paul Eye Clinic are caring, friendly, and have a good bedside manner. This creates a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients seeking eye care.
- Professional and efficient eye exams: Reviewers commend the clinic for their professional and top-notch eye exams. They mention that the exams are thorough and efficient, and some even mention being in and out of the clinic quickly.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Several reviews highlight the knowledge and thoroughness of the doctors at the clinic. They explain the results of the eye exams and answer patients' questions in detail, providing a high level of expertise and patient education.
Dakota Eye Care Associates
1540 Humboldt Ave, West St Paul, MN 55118
Dakota Eye Care is highly recommended for routine eye exams and exceptional customer service. Patients praise the knowledgeable, attentive doctors like Drs. Rachel and Matt Hennen. The staff creates a comfortable, pleasant environment with their friendly, professional, down-to-earth manner. While largely positive, one customer had an issue resolving a pair of safety glasses that was not properly addressed.
- Knowledgeable and friendly doctors: Multiple reviews mention the doctors at Dakota Eye Care, particularly Dr. Rachel and Dr. Matt, as being knowledgeable, patient, and thorough during eye exams. They are praised for their expertise and ability to address concerns and answer questions.
- Friendly and professional staff: Many reviewers appreciate the friendly and professional staff at Dakota Eye Care. From the receptionists to the opticians, the staff is described as down-to-earth, helpful, and attentive. They create a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- COVID-19 safety measures: Some reviewers mention being pleased with the COVID-19 safety measures implemented at Dakota Eye Care. This includes a friendly and COVID-sensitive environment, which reassures patients about their safety during their routine eye exams.
Dr. Greg B. Markeson
1750 S Robert St, West St Paul, MN 55118
Patients speak highly of Dr. Markeson’s professional and thorough eye exams, clear explanations, and non-pressured atmosphere. His staff earns acclaim for their helpfulness and knowledge. Patients strongly endorse Dr. Markeson for eye care needs.
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled optometrist: Customers praise Dr. Markeson for his ability to find the sharpest prescription, especially for those with high astigmatism.
- Excellent patient experience: Multiple reviews mention the positive and professional experience they had with Dr. Markeson and his staff. Customers appreciate his thoroughness, kindness, and willingness to take the time to explain details and answer questions.
- No pressure to purchase extras: Unlike other eye care centers, customers feel comfortable at Target Optical because they don't feel pressured to buy additional products or services.
Wallerich Eye Care
1300 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Dr. Wallerich provides attentive and thorough eye exams. Patients comment on his dedication to addressing their vision concerns. His friendly, professional staff helps create a positive experience.
- Dr. Wallerich takes the time to thoroughly diagnose and explain eye issues, providing relief and hope to patients.
- The staff is friendly and professional, making patients feel comfortable throughout the eye exam process.
- The clinic provides fast and efficient service, with accommodating and understanding staff members.
Roseville Eye Associates
1790 Lexington Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113
Roseville Eye Associates is highly praised for its knowledgeable and expert eye doctors who provide thorough and professional eye exams. Dr. Kari Maffitt is specifically mentioned as being the best at her job and providing detailed explanations and advice. The staff is described as kind, professional, and helpful in all areas, including assisting with frame selection. Overall, the experience at Roseville Eye Associates is reported to be pleasant, efficient, and highly recommended.
- Knowledgeable and expert advice: Reviewers mentioned receiving helpful information and expertise during their eye exams, indicating a high level of knowledge and professional guidance at Roseville Eye Associates.
- Thorough and comprehensive eye exams: Many reviewers praised the thoroughness of their eye exams, noting that the staff took the time to explain procedures and address concerns. This indicates a commitment to providing detailed and comprehensive eye care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mentioned the kind and professional nature of the staff at Roseville Eye Associates. From assisting with frame selection to explaining billing and procedures, the staff was described as thoughtful and attentive, making patients feel comfortable throughout the process.
Eyes All Over
506 7th St W #1, St Paul, MN 55102
The eye care center was highly rated for professional and personable service, knowledgeable staff, and thorough eye exams. Customers praised the wide glasses selection, staff flexibility with adjustments, and the overall friendly and helpful demeanor. Some noted their negative experiences elsewhere were reversed by the positive experience here. Overall, customers were pleased with the service, quality eyewear, affordability, and customer care.
- Professional and personable staff, experienced in eyewear knowledge and product selection.
- Great customer service, accommodating and flexible with adjustments and reorders.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams provided, with knowledgeable optometrists.
Scenic Eye Care
261 Ruth St N Suite E, St Paul, MN 55119
Scenic Eye Care is known for excellent service, knowledge, and friendliness, with personalized attention during exams. Many positive reviews highlighted doctors answering questions, addressing concerns, and providing great experiences for adults and children. Some expressed loyalty and provided recommendations. However, one reviewer cited multiple appointment cancellations before seeking care elsewhere.
- Excellent service and knowledgeable staff: Customers appreciate the great service and the staff's ability to answer questions in an educational way. They feel well taken care of during their eye exams.
- Friendly and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention that the entire team at Scenic Eye Care is incredibly friendly, helpful, and professional. They create a welcoming and welcoming atmosphere, making patients feel important and comfortable.
- Impressive customer service: Multiple reviews mention the exceptional customer service provided by the staff at Scenic Eye Care. Patients feel cared for and valued, and the staff goes above and beyond to ensure a positive experience.
1600 University Ave W #4, St Paul, MN 55104
This eye care center is highly recommended overall for its welcoming and attentive staff, quick and easy exams, great selection of affordable glasses, and comfortable environment. The majority of reviews are positive, highlighting the friendly service, though there is one critical review regarding poor service received.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the workers at this eye care center are friendly, kind, and attentive. They take the time to help customers pick out glasses and ensure their satisfaction.
- Quick and easy process: Several reviewers mention that the process of getting an eye exam and selecting new glasses is quick and easy. This indicates that the center values efficiency and provides a streamlined experience for customers.
- Affordable prices and great selection: Many reviewers praise the center for offering a wide selection of glasses at affordable prices. This suggests that customers can find a variety of options to suit their style and budget.
Dr. Jerome Fay, Optometrist, and Associates – Midway
1331 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
The friendly staff receives positive reviews, though wait times vary. One negative review mentions witnessing unprofessional supervisor behavior. Overall, most customers had a pleasant, positive experience with the services and staff.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, welcoming, and provided excellent customer service.
- Efficient service: Reviewers mentioned that they had short wait times and were in and out of their appointments quickly.
- Compassionate and respectful: One review specifically highlighted that the staff at this center were respectful of pronouns for nonbinary and Trans people, showing inclusivity and care towards all customers.
Prism Eye Care
272 Snelling Ave S Suite 300, St Paul, MN 55105
Prism Eye Care is highly recommended for Dr. Haverly’s caring and thorough exams, COVID safety protocols, clean and friendly staff, personalized and efficient service, and frame selection assistance.
- COVID precautions: The eye care center takes COVID precautions seriously, consistently disinfecting and cleaning their space, wearing masks, and limiting patient overlap, providing a safe environment for eye exams.
- Professional and knowledgeable staff: The front desk staff is lovely, quick, and thorough. Dr. Lauren Haverly is kind, thorough, and knowledgeable. She takes the time to explain information clearly and treats patients with care and respect.
- Excellent customer service: The entire staff is helpful, patient, and great at their jobs. They provide individualized and personable experiences for eye care, including frame selection and fitting. The clinic is organized, spotless, and has free parking.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Minnesota
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, 3.45% of Minnesotans aged 40-64 had difficulty seeing, while 5.47% of those aged 65+ experienced the same issue. in Minnesota, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Minnesota
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Minnesota.
- The In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was 8.55% among those with diabetes, which is more than double the overall percentage of 3.38%, indicating that having diabetes significantly increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Minnesota in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (5.33%) compared to the overall population (3.38%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 2%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Minnesota
- In Minnesota, 3.38% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Minnesota
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 2.12% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 3.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Minnesota face even higher rates at 5.47%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Minnesota
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Minnesota.
- 8.55% of those with diabetes and 5.33% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Minnesota
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.47% of children in Minnesota having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.79% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Minnesota
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 3.38% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Minnesota.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.