Best Eye Doctors In Warren, MI
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Warren Optometrists in Warren, Warren, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Warren reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Warren.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
5761 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48092
This eye care center receives largely positive reviews. Patients commend the friendly, knowledgeable staff and professional doctors. However, some experienced issues with incorrect prescriptions and insufficient customer service.
- Professional and respectful staff, with a particularly impressive doctor.
- Friendly and helpful staff who provide thorough eye exams and assist in finding frames.
Dr. Schwartz Optometrist and Associates
13400 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48312
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback. Patients describe the staff as friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming. The doctors take time to be thorough and answer questions. A couple reviews mentioned unexpected fees or missed notifications about additional evaluation charges. However, most patients are satisfied with their exams and overall experience at this center.
- Friendly and personable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and welcoming nature of the staff, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during their visit.
- Thorough and professional exams: Customers appreciate the thoroughness and professionalism of the eye exams, with doctors taking the time to answer questions and explain procedures in a clear and understandable manner.
- Knowledgeable and helpful opticians: The opticians at this eye care center are praised for their knowledge and patience in helping patients select the right glasses, ensuring a comfortable fit and optimal vision.
Warren Optometric Clinic
12415 Twelve Mile Rd Ste 1, Warren, MI 48093
Dr. Ellie Daneshvar’s Warren Optometric Clinic garnered rave reviews for the staff’s kindness, meticulous eye exams, and expertise. Patients enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and frame selection help. A sole complaint mentioned hurried frame choices and steeper pricing. In all, Dr. Ellie’s team comes highly recommended for their stellar care.
- The staff at Warren Optometric Clinic, including Dr. Ellie, are praised for their kindness, professionalism, and attentiveness during eye exams, particularly with older patients and children.
- Dr. Ellie is highly knowledgeable, thorough, and caring, taking the time to explain everything and answer questions during eye exams.
- The office atmosphere is welcoming, with friendly and helpful staff, a clean environment, and a laid-back vibe, making the experience of getting an eye exam and picking out glasses enjoyable.
SVS Vision Optical Centers
34505 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI 48026
Customers were delighted by the friendly and helpful staff, quick and painless eye exams, and assistance in choosing frames. The knowledgeable doctors explained things clearly. The office manager and staff earned acclaim for exceptional service.
- Friendly and attentive staff, providing great customer service.
- Quick and efficient eye exams, with knowledgeable and helpful doctors.
- Assistance in picking out frames, ensuring customers find the perfect fit and style.
Cataract and Eye Consultants of Michigan
29753 Hoover Rd Ste. A, Warren, MI 48093
The eye care center receives positive reviews for thorough and competent care, a friendly staff, and Dr. Parent’s knowledge, patience and professionalism. One review expressed frustration with wait times. Overall, patients recommend the center for its professional, quality care.
- Thorough and competent eye care
- Courteous and friendly staff who take their time with patients
- Highly recommended by many patients, especially for cataract surgery and eye exams
- Knowledgeable and professional doctors who inspire confidence in procedures
- Efficient and well-run practice with minimal wait times
SVS Vision Optical Centers
36824 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Customers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff at this eye care center, noting thorough eye exams, a wide selection of frames, and fast service. Multiple customers highlight specific staff who excel at customer service.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, welcoming, and goes above and beyond to assist customers. This creates a positive and comfortable experience for those seeking eye exams and eye care.
- Thorough eye exams: Customers praise the thoroughness of the eye exams at this location. They appreciate the use of high-tech devices and the replacement of traditional tests (like the "puff of air on the eyeball") with more advanced methods. This ensures a comprehensive evaluation of the eyes and contributes to a positive experience.
- Personalized frame selection: Reviewers mention that the staff, particularly individuals like Mike and Marissa, provide personalized assistance when selecting frames. They listen to customers' preferences and suggest options that are flattering and suitable. This personalized approach makes the frame selection process enjoyable and ensures satisfaction with the final choice.
3602 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Fraser Optical is lauded for their friendly, patient staff, knowledgeable doctors, and wide selection of eyewear frames. Customers report efficient, thorough exams and a comfortable experience. While mostly positive, one customer cites slow service and a prescription error. Overall, Fraser Optical is a well-liked option for eye care and eyewear.
- Friendly and welcoming staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Fraser Optical being extremely nice, patient, and understanding. Customers feel important and valued during their visits.
- Knowledgeable doctors: Customers appreciate the expertise of the doctors at Fraser Optical. They explain causes and progress clearly, making the eye exam experience informative and comprehensive.
- Convenient and efficient service: Many reviews highlight the efficiency and convenience of Fraser Optical. Customers mention being in and out of the eye care center quickly, indicating that appointments are handled smoothly and without long waiting times.
Fraser Eye Care Center
33080 Utica Rd, Fraser, MI 48026
Fraser Eye Care Center is generally well-reviewed for its friendly, professional staff, knowledgeable doctors, and advanced technology. Patients speak highly of the center’s comprehensive eye exams and surgical procedures. However, some customers cite issues with scheduling, billing, doctor competency, and treatment outcomes.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Fraser Eye Care Center is praised for being friendly and professional, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of.
- Technologically advanced machinery: The center is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, providing patients with advanced and up-to-date eye care services.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Many reviews mention that the doctors at Fraser Eye Care Center are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to answer all questions and address concerns.
Michigan Eye Consultants
27118 Gratiot Ave, Roseville, MI 48066
Patients speak highly of the Costco eye care center in Roseville, Michigan, noting its friendly and professional staff, cutting-edge equipment, and extensive eyewear options. Dr. Rachel Laplena garners particular appreciation for her meticulous exams and clear explanations. She went above and beyond to obtain specialized testing equipment. This eye care center comes highly recommended overall for its skilled staff, comprehensive exams, and welcoming atmosphere.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center, including receptionists and technicians, were friendly, professional, and made them feel comfortable during their appointments.
- Thorough and informative exams: Reviewers appreciated that the eye exams conducted at this center were thorough and informative. They mentioned that the optometrists took their time to explain the procedures, results, and treatment plans, ensuring that they understood everything. The exams were described as comprehensive and detailed.
- State-of-the-art equipment: According to one reviewer, this eye care center has state-of-the-art equipment, which enhanced their experience during the exam. The availability of advanced equipment for specialized tests such as retina/glaucoma/corneal testing was specifically mentioned.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital – Eye Institute
30117 Schoenherr Rd #400, Warren, MI 48088
The staff’s professionalism and friendliness shine in patient reviews, along with praise for the doctors’ expertise and attentiveness. While a small minority cite wait times, most laud the thorough exams and willingness to accommodate special needs.
- Professional and detailed eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at this center were professional, thorough, and explained in detail.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and helpful staff, from the front desk to the doctors.
- Trustworthy and caring doctors: The doctors at this eye care center are described as knowledgeable, caring, and taking the time to answer questions and address concerns.
Professional Family Eyecare
28825 Ryan Rd, Warren, MI 48092
This eye care center is highly regarded for its convenient same-day eye exams and availability of emergency glasses. Patients commend the professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. The experienced eye doctor receives accolades for thorough exams. Though the frame selection is smaller, it includes quality brands and styles. Patients report great experiences overall and enthusiastically recommend this trusted local eye care center.
- Same-day emergency glasses with eye exam
- Thorough eye exam with a professional and experienced doctor
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff that treats patients with respect and care
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Michigan
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Michigan in 2018, a slightly higher percentage of people aged 65 and older reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Michigan, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Michigan
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Michigan.
- The In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was almost twice as high for those with diabetes (9.21%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems in that state. and In Michigan in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those who smoked tobacco (9.34%) compared to the overall population (4.8%), indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems in that state. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Michigan
- In Michigan, 4.8% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Michigan
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.55% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 5.45% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Michigan face even higher rates at 5.59%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Michigan
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Michigan.
- 9.21% of those with diabetes and 9.34% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Michigan
- Early vision care is crucial, with 73.21% of children in Michigan having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 0.92% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Michigan
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.8% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Michigan.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.