Best LASIK Surgeon In Baltimore, MD
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Baltimore LASIK Surgeons in Baltimore, Baltimore, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Baltimore reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Baltimore.
The LASIK Vision Institute
8614 Westwood Center Dr Suite 650, Vienna, VA 22182
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
Patients saw significant improvements in their vision after lasik surgery at this practice. The professional staff helped put patients at ease during the process. Many patients reported achieving clearer than 20/20 vision.
- Highly informative and courteous throughout the entire process, ensuring patients understand everything clearly.
- Quick and painless process with life changing results for vision, often exceeding 20/20 vision.
- Professional, friendly, and knowledgeable staff and doctors who provide exceptional care and customer service.
22 West Road Suite 201 A, Towson, MD 21204
Current Specials: Save $1000 On LASIK
Patients were pleased with their experiences at LasikPlus Towson, reporting knowledgeable and friendly staff. Many achieved 20/20 vision after a quick, painless procedure with easy recovery. Patients recommend LasikPlus Towson for laser eye surgery.
- Quick and easy process with fast recovery time.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who are supportive and make patients feel comfortable.
- High success rate with many patients achieving perfect or significantly improved vision, and lifetime warranty offered.
800 King Farm Blvd Suite 135, Rockville, MD 20850
Current Specials: Save $1000 On LASIK
Overall, LasikPlus Rockville receives mainly positive feedback from customers who underwent LASIK or PRK, with improved vision and satisfaction with the surgical team. Some customers noted accommodating staff while a few felt pressured to leave positive reviews. Though some experienced temporary dry eyes post-procedure, most found it quickly resolved. LasikPlus Rockville comes recommended for those considering LASIK or PRK.
- Knowledgeable and professional surgeons (Dr. Pasternak, Dr. Houghtaling, Dr. Summerfield, Dr. Lustbader) who make patients feel at ease during the procedure and provide clear instructions for pre- and post- surgery care.
- Many patients report fantastic results and life-changing experiences; they have seen vast improvements in their vision and no longer need glasses or contact lenses.
- Friendly and helpful staff who answer questions and provide transparent information about the procedure, pricing, and guarantees. In addition, the location is convenient and efficient.
The LASIK Vision Institute
9601 Blackwell Rd Suite 200, Rockville, MD 20850
Current Specials: Save $1000* On LASIK
Patients describe the staff at this lasik surgeon practice as friendly and supportive. The doctors, including Dr. Wills, Dr. Weltman, Dr. Summerfield, and Dr. Ballard, are praised for their surgical skill, professionalism and attentiveness during pre and post-op visits. Patients say the knowledgeable team helps put them at ease and reports excellent vision results, with many achieving better than 20/20. Overall, this practice comes highly recommended for those considering lasik.
- Staff and doctors are incredibly helpful, supportive, and friendly throughout the entire process
- Procedure is quick, painless and successful; patients can see 20/20 or better in less than 24 hours
- Dr. Weltman, Dr. Wills, Dr. Summerfield, and Dr. Ballard are highly skilled, thoughtful, and professional; they go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and patient care.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
11200 Rockville Pike #150, Rockville, MD 20852
Current Specials: Free LASIK
Patients speak highly of the lasik surgeon at TLC Rockville, noting the procedure’s effectiveness and their great outcomes. They describe the staff and doctors as informative, supportive and knowledgeable. Patients appreciate the practice’s lifetime guarantee and the doctors’ professional, caring manner. However, some patients faced challenges scheduling appointments and contacting the office post-procedure at this location.
- Highly experienced doctors: Customers have praised Dr. Weltman, Dr. Wills, and Dr. Roberts for their professionalism, expertise, and comforting demeanor during the procedure.
- Efficient service and quick results: Several reviews have highlighted the quick and seamless process of getting an appointment, undergoing the procedure, and experiencing positive results in as little as one day.
- Lifetime guarantee and follow-up support: TLC offers a lifetime guarantee for LASIK correction and customers have appreciated the peace of mind that comes with the guarantee. Though there were negative reviews for the Rockville location's follow-up support, several reviewers have noted the helpfulness and responsiveness of the staff and doctors for their pre- and post-operative needs.
Sonny Goel MD
1104 Kenilworth Dr Suite 200, Towson, MD 21204
Patients reported an extremely positive experience with Dr. Goel and his professional, knowledgeable, and friendly team. Many noted the efficiency and comfort of their surgery, with vision restored without significant pain. Numerous patients said they would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Goel. However, a couple reviews cited issues around communication, post-op discomfort, and unsatisfactory results.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Dr. Goel is a highly skilled and caring surgeon
- State-of-the-art equipment and procedures, including the SMILE laser for vision correction
Washington Eye Physicians & Surgeons
5454 Wisconsin Ave Ste 950, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Current Specials: Free LASIK Consultation
The reviews highlight the doctors’ professionalism and surgical expertise. Patients remark on the thorough examinations and meticulous surgical process. The knowledgeable office staff receives positive feedback for efficiency and friendliness. Patients feel assured by the care and strongly endorse this practice.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors with excellent bedside manner, including Dr. Flanders, Dr. Mehta, Dr. Swartz, Dr. Weiss, Dr. Taney, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Dawson, Dr. Macedo, and Dr. Martin.
- Thorough and efficient examinations, including for glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and vision.
- Excellent track record and success with Lasik surgery, with highly recommended and skilled practitioners including Dr. Adi, Dr. Macedo, and Dr. Martin.
Goel Vision – Columbia
8850 Columbia 100 Pkwy Suite 101, Columbia, MD 21045
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Patients have expressed satisfaction with Dr. Goel’s SMILE procedure, noting the minimal discomfort and quick recovery time. His friendly, knowledgeable staff helps put patients at ease throughout the process. Patients appreciate Dr. Goel’s personalized approach in addressing all questions and concerns.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff, including Dr. Goel himself, who are able to put patients at ease and make the process comfortable and easy.
- Thorough and knowledgeable consultation process, where patients are given all the information they need to make an informed decision about the best type of treatment for them.
- Quick and painless SMILE procedure, with minimal discomfort and great results reported by many patients, including achieving 20/20 vision post-operation.
Anh Nguyen Ophthalmology
431 Park Ave #103, Falls Church, VA 22046
Dr. Nguyen provides attentive, customized care. Her knowledgeable, caring staff help ensure procedures are quick and comfortable. Patients recommend her after great vision results.
- Dr. Nguyen and her staff provide thorough testing and pre-surgery meetings to ensure patient comfort and understand individual circumstances and needs.
- The surgery and recovery process is painless, quick, and straightforward with exceptional outcomes.
- The practice has a caring and professional staff that is knowledgeable and attentive to patients' needs and questions.
EnVue Eye & Laser Center
120 Waterfront St #300, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Envue Eye & Laser Center comes highly recommended by satisfied patients, who praise the professional and knowledgeable staff. Under the leadership of Dr. Bruce Rivers, an experienced surgeon known for excellence, the center utilizes state-of-the-art technology in a welcoming, calming environment. For those considering Lasik Eye Surgery, Envue Eye & Laser Center is a top choice.
- Highly professional, knowledgeable, personal, and caring team, with exceptional customer service and warm hospitality.
- Offers cutting-edge equipment and state-of-the-art technology for advanced diagnostic tools and laser systems for the actual procedures.
- Dr. Rivers is an absolute master in the field with extensive knowledge, years of experience, and commitment to excellence, who takes the time to answer all questions, explains the procedures with patience and clarity, and personally calls patients to check on their recovery.
Whitten Laser Eye
5454 Wisconsin Ave NW # 1420, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Current Specials: FREE LASIK Consultation!
Whitten Laser Eye is home to highly regarded Lasik surgeons Dr. Brooks Brown and Dr. Whitten. Patients commend the doctors’ surgical skill, attentive consultations, and clear communication. Their personable bedside manner puts patients at ease. The professional yet welcoming staff receive consistent praise. Patients feel fortunate to be under the care of Whitten Laser Eye and enthusiastically refer others.
- Dr. Brooks Brown is a brilliant and kind ophthalmologist who takes his time with patients, offers personalized treatment plans, and accommodates urgent care needs.
- The practice has a friendly and efficient front desk, and Dr. Brown and Dr. Waterman are experienced and professional doctors who use the latest technology to resolve patients' issues.
- The practice offers excellent customer service, and patients have reported highly satisfying outcomes from procedures such as LASIK and cataract surgery.
Lasikpro Laser Eye Centers
5454 Wisconsin Ave #850, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Patients consistently report excellent experiences at LasikPro Laser Eye Centers, highlighting the staff’s kindness, attentiveness, and professionalism. Many name Dr. Perraut specifically, impressed by his expertise, confidence, and patient education. Patients describe modern, clean facilities, comfortable procedures, and rapid recovery to 20/20 or better vision. Some traveled far, feeling the quality justified the journey.
- Professional and caring staff who take the time to walk patients through the entire process from start to finish with honesty and thoroughness.
- Impressive skill and approachability from doctors, who make the entire Lasik experience soothing and comfortable with no or minimal pain.
- Results are consistently fantastic, with patients seeing 20/20 or 20/15 vision right after the procedure, and a lifetime guarantee on the results as long as patients go back every year to an eye doctor of their choice for an eye exam.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.