Best Eye Doctors In Ellsworth, ME
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Ellsworth Optometrists in Ellsworth, Ellsworth, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Ellsworth reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Ellsworth.
Vision Care of Maine
1 Ridgewood Dr, Bangor, ME 04401
While many reviews highlighted appointment delays and administrative issues, some patients appreciated the professional and attentive service from doctors and staff during thorough eye exams.
- Thorough eye exams and contact lens fitting: One reviewer had a positive experience with their eye exam and contact lens fitting, mentioning that it was thorough and they were able to place an order for new lenses at the retail shop.
- Courteous and professional staff: Another review mentioned that each department, including scheduling appointments, picking out glasses, and getting an eye exam, had courteous and professional staff who made them feel confident in their decision of choosing the eye care center.
- Expertise and professionalism of certain doctors: One reviewer specifically mentioned being satisfied with Dr. Benes' expertise, professionalism, and candor during their routine eye exam.
River Town Family Eye Care
50 Main Rd N a, Hampden, ME 04444
Customers recommend Dr. Steven M Lord at River Town Family Eye Care for his professional, thorough, and personalized eye exams. Patients feel relaxed as Dr. Lord explains results and answers questions. Friendly staff like April also receive praise for their helpfulness. This knowledgeable, customer-focused eye care team comes highly recommended.
- Friendly and courteous staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff, including Dr. Steven M Lord and April, as being friendly, accommodating, and making patients feel welcomed and comfortable.
- Thorough and personalized eye exams: Dr. Lord is praised for providing thorough eye exams, taking the time to listen to patients, and explaining the results in a knowledgeable and understandable manner.
- Knowledgeable and professional: Reviewers appreciate the professionalism and knowledge of both Dr. Lord and April, highlighting their expertise in eye care and their willingness to provide recommendations and answer questions.
Eye Center Northeast
955 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401
Eye Center Northeast provides high quality eye exams and glasses, earning praise for vision improvement. Despite some concerns over unexpected fees, most customers emphasize the professional, efficient, friendly staff and thorough exams.
- Highly skilled and attentive doctors: Reviewers mention being impressed with the thoroughness of their eye exams and the expertise of the doctors at Eye Center Northeast.
- Efficient and accommodating staff: Multiple reviews highlight the friendly and efficient staff who go out of their way to provide a positive experience. This includes fitting patients in for timely visits and accommodating schedule changes.
- Affordable pricing: Several reviewers mention that they were pleasantly surprised by the reasonable pricing for both the eye exams and glasses at Eye Center Northeast.
Smart Eye Care
824 Stillwater Ave, Bangor, ME 04401
Patients consistently praised the eye care center for its professional, knowledgeable doctors, thorough exams, clean facility, and use of advanced retina imaging technology. Multiple reviews highlighted the doctors’ attentiveness and exceptional care. This eye care center comes highly recommended for its excellent service and top-notch patient care.
- Sparkling clean facility with sophisticated technology.
- Dr. Gladstone and her team provide excellent care and are highly recommended.
- Prompt and efficient service with a wide selection of eyewear.
Vancil Vision Care
165 US-1, Bucksport, ME 04416
Vancil Vision Care provides professional and friendly service, with same-day appointments and clear eye exam explanations. Patients praise Dr. Vancil’s caring and knowledgeable approach. The helpful staff and clean, efficient facility also draw compliments, as does the eyeglass selection. Vancil Vision Care comes highly recommended.
- Professional and friendly staff who take the time to explain any changes during eye exams.
- Courteous and patient staff that walk patients through each step of the exam and make them feel comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and caring optometrist who provides up-to-date testing and personalized eye care.
Paul K Albert OD
125 Oak St, Ellsworth, ME 04605
The eye care center is well-regarded for their professional yet caring service. Patients commend Dr. Albert’s attentiveness to eye health and the staff’s helpfulness, especially in emergencies. Overall, patients felt valued and taken care of, highly recommending this center.
- Friendly and accommodating staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, understanding, and accommodating. They provided excellent customer service and showed genuine concern for the patients.
- Competent and knowledgeable doctor: The doctor at this eye care center was praised for being competent, meticulous, and knowledgeable. Patients felt reassured and confident in his abilities to provide thorough eye exams and care.
- Quick and efficient service: Some reviewers mentioned that they were able to get same-day or next-day appointments, and the staff worked efficiently to address their eye care needs. This quick service was particularly appreciated in cases of emergencies or urgent eye issues.
Frank B Pierson II Optician
83 Main St, Ellsworth, ME 04605
Customers consistently commend Mr. Pierson for his excellent service, professionalism, and efficiency in repairing eyewear. His friendly and courteous manner puts customers at ease. Many appreciate his upbeat approach and ability to swiftly fix glasses at a fair price, even for non-patients.
- Quick and efficient repairs: Customers mentioned that the eye care center was able to fix glasses in minutes, allowing them to continue using their glasses without any inconvenience.
- Reasonable and fair prices: Several reviewers noted that the eye care center charged reasonable fees for their services, making it an affordable option for eye care and repairs.
- Professional and friendly service: The eye care center was praised for its courteous and professional staff, who were described as thorough, efficient, and friendly towards customers.
Gaetani Eye Care Associates PA
766 Stillwater Ave #1, Bangor, ME 04401
Dr. Valley is highly regarded at Gaetani Eye Care for his personable manner, extensive knowledge, and quality care. Patients commend the practice’s friendly staff, prompt appointments, and attentiveness to their vision needs. While largely positive, some reviews cite inconsistent experiences with scheduling, contact lens orders, and staff courtesy.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff being welcoming, friendly, and providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient and fast service: Several reviews mention that the eye exams were conducted quickly and efficiently, with minimal waiting time.
- Knowledgeable and helpful doctors: Doctors, including Dr. Valley, are praised for their knowledge and ability to address patients' concerns and provide effective solutions.
Steven M. Lord, OD
50 Main Rd N a, Hampden, ME 04444
The eye doctor thoroughly addressed patient questions and conducted comprehensive eye exams. Patients felt their vision care was a priority.
- The optometrist takes the time to answer questions thoroughly and in a simple manner, ensuring that patients have a clear understanding of their eye health.
- The optometrist shows genuine care and importance towards each patient, not rushing through the exam and treating them as individuals rather than just a number.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Maine
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Maine reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Maine, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Maine
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Maine.
- The In Maine in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (7.77%) compared to the overall population (4.43%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.34%. and In Maine in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4.53%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Maine
- In Maine, 4.43% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Maine
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.21% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Maine face even higher rates at 5.09%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Maine
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Maine.
- 7.77% of those with diabetes and 8.96% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Maine
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.09% of children in Maine having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.53% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Maine
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.43% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Maine.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.