Best Eye Doctors In Biddeford, ME
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Biddeford Optometrists in Biddeford, Biddeford, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Biddeford reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Biddeford.
Dr. Richard J. Doiron, OD
2 Medical Center Dr, Biddeford, ME 04005
Patients appreciate Dr. Doiron’s expertise, staff’s attentiveness, and the office’s state-of-the-art equipment. However, some experienced appointment delays and a particularly negative review described the doctor as rude.
- Thorough and knowledgeable eye exams with the use of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Friendly and professional staff who take the time to explain details and help with choosing glasses.
- Dr. Doiron keeps up with the latest technology and is open to answering any questions.
Beacon Eye Care
3 Beacon Ave, Biddeford, ME 04005
Patients highly recommend Beacon Eye Care for the professional, knowledgeable staff, thorough eye exams by Drs. Boutet and Whelan, and comfortable atmosphere. While some patients noted insurance challenges, the practice is praised for attentive expertise and quality care.
- Excellent and thorough eye exams: The doctors at Beacon Eye Care provide thorough and comprehensive eye exams, ensuring that patients receive top-notch care.
- Friendly and professional staff: The staff at Beacon Eye Care are described as friendly, professional, and prompt, making patients feel comfortable and well taken care of during their visit.
- Knowledgeable and caring doctors: The doctors at Beacon Eye Care, such as Dr. Janet Whelan and Dr. Boutet, are knowledgeable, caring, and take the time to listen to patients' concerns and answer their questions. This level of care and attention helps patients feel confident in the quality of their eye care.
708 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME 04106
Customers appreciated the eye care center’s exceptional customer service and supportive staff. Patients were impressed by the knowledgeable and attentive eye doctors who offered valuable guidance in selecting frames. The accommodating staff exceeded expectations by meeting budgetary needs and providing same-day service when feasible.
- Knowledgeable and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were knowledgeable, attentive, and willing to help. They provided valuable insight and guidance, making the process of selecting frames and getting an eye exam easier for customers.
- Great customer service: Many reviewers appreciated the excellent customer service they received at this location. The staff was friendly, approachable, and provided a welcoming atmosphere. They were also accommodating and went above and beyond to meet customers' needs and budgets.
- Efficient and quick process: Several reviewers mentioned that the process of getting eye exams, selecting frames, or making adjustments to glasses was quick and efficient. The staff were able to provide same-day service in some cases, allowing customers to get their glasses promptly.
Seacoast Vision Care
25 Hannaford Dr, Scarborough, ME 04074
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for its friendly staff, thorough exams, and overall professionalism, particularly from Dr. Blew and Dr. Corbell. Patients feel comfortable asking questions. However, one review cited unethical billing and poor service. Despite this, most recommend this center and describe good experiences.
- The staff at the eye care center goes out of their way to make the eye exam experience positive, especially for children. They make them feel at ease and explain everything thoroughly.
- The doctors at the eye care center, particularly Dr. Corbell and Dr. Blew, are described as excellent, thorough, and knowledgeable. They take the time to explain the technology and results of the eye exam, ensuring patients feel informed about their eye health.
- The office staff at the eye care center are welcoming, professional, and accommodating. They have a friendly and kind demeanor, making patients feel comfortable during their visits. Additionally, the online appointment scheduling is easy and convenient, allowing for quick and efficient eye exams.
Maine Optometry – Gorham
14 Vista Dr, Gorham, ME 04038
Maine Optometry offers professional and comfortable eye care from knowledgeable doctors like Dr. Mathieu, Dr. Arsenault, and Dr. Varagic. Patients appreciate the doctors’ expertise and their assistants’ help. Opticians assist with frames and lenses. However some patients report issues with pricing, obtaining prescriptions and billing.
- Professional and attentive staff: The eye care center is praised for having professional and attentive staff members who make patients feel comfortable and listen to their needs. Multiple reviewers mentioned the optometrists and their assistants being helpful, thorough, and explaining things well during the eye exams.
- One-stop-shop convenience: Maine Optometry is praised for being a one-stop shop for eye care needs. They not only provide eye exams but also offer a wide selection of frames and lenses. This convenience is appreciated by reviewers who previously had to go to different places for their eye care needs.
- Emergency appointments and accommodating service: Reviewers mention that Maine Optometry provides emergency and same-day appointments. They are described as accommodating, especially for patients with urgent eye care needs. This flexibility and responsiveness are noted as positive aspects of their service.
Maine Mall Eye Care
510 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME 04106
Maine Mall Eye Care is highly regarded for their friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams, and exceptional customer service. Patients commend the practice’s knowledgeable doctors and attentive care. Some concerns exist around prescription accuracy, insurance processes, and appointment availability, though most experiences are positive overall.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly, professional, and takes the time to answer questions and provide thorough eye exams.
- Accommodating and caring service: Reviewers appreciate the accommodating and caring nature of the staff and doctors at this eye care center. They mention instances where the staff went above and beyond to fit them in for an appointment or address their concerns.
- Knowledgeable and thorough doctors: Many reviews highlight the knowledge and expertise of the doctors at this eye care center. Patients feel confident in their care and appreciate the thoroughness of their eye exams.
Eye Care & Eye Wear Center of Maine
151 Main St, Westbrook, ME 04092
Reviewers complimented the convenience of scheduling eye exams and minimal wait times. Doctors were described as thorough, knowledgeable, and professional. A few negative reviews cited insurance coverage issues and rude front desk staff. Overall, most reviewers highly recommended the eye care centers for their helpful, kind service.
- Easy scheduling and short waiting times for appointments.
- Meticulous and thorough exams performed by knowledgeable and professional doctors.
- Friendly and accommodating staff who provide a welcoming atmosphere.
Maine Optometry- Saco
240 Main St, Saco, ME 04072
Many eye care centers received mixed reviews. Some were criticized for rushed, error-prone exams and potential financial discrimination, while others were praised for thorough exams, knowledgeable and personable staff like Drs. Pelletier and Arsenault, and family-friendly, efficient service with advanced technology at reasonable prices.
- Thorough examination covering all eye health issues, including diabetes, glaucoma, and macular degeneration testing.
- Excellent customer service and knowledgeable staff, providing helpful explanations and answering questions about contact lenses, glasses, and vision options.
- Friendly and welcoming environment for both adults and children, with a focus on being kid/family-friendly and engaging.
1040 Brighton Ave, Portland, ME 04102
Patients consistently mention Portland Eyecare’s welcoming staff and clean, comfortable office. Dr. Alex Grotton receives high marks for his expertise, thorough eye exams, and attentive manner. Patients feel they receive personalized care and attention during appointments.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviews highlight the friendly and accommodating staff, both at the front desk and during the eye exams. Patients feel welcomed and valued, and the staff is praised for their kindness and helpfulness.
- Thorough and detailed eye exams: Several reviewers mention that their eye exams at Portland Eyecare were comprehensive and thorough. They appreciate the attention to detail and the professionalism of the optometrists. The doctors take the time to explain the tests and results, answer questions, and provide personalized care.
- Positive and comfortable atmosphere: Patients describe the office as clean, pleasant, and comfortable. The decor creates a welcoming and relaxing environment. The overall experience at Portland Eyecare is often described as positive and enjoyable.
- Efficient and organized practice: The efficiency and organization of the practice is praised by many reviewers. They appreciate the smooth flow of the appointments and the minimal wait times. The staff is knowledgeable and professional, ensuring a streamlined experience for patients.
Eyecare Medical Group
53 Sewall St, Portland, ME 04102
While some patients had negative experiences citing long waits, rushed appointments, unhelpful assistance, and profit prioritization over care, many praised doctors Sise, France, Sterrer, and Nguyen for detailed information, successful cataract and laser surgeries, professional and dedicated staff, patient-focused approach, excellent communication, competence, and highly recommended the center.
- Competent doctors who are trusted by regular eye doctors and provide detailed information about procedures and recovery process.
- Friendly and professional staff who are caring, attentive, and excellent at communicating with patients.
- Positive outcomes and life-changing results from cataract and laser corrective surgeries.
Family Eye Care
323 Main St, Saco, ME 04072
Family Eye Care in Saco receives mostly positive reviews, with patients commending the friendly, knowledgeable staff, comprehensive eye exams, and clear doctor communication. While some express concerns about costly eyewear and extra fees, many appreciate the practice’s attentive, caring approach, especially with complex eye issues. The office draws praise for its clean, accommodating environment.
- Friendly and courteous staff, including the optometrist.
- Thorough and patient optometrist who addresses specific eye conditions, such as cataracts, and provides clear explanations and recommendations.
65 Portland Rd, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Associated EyeCare receives mostly positive reviews for their helpful, responsive staff and thorough eye exams. Patients note professional, patient service – especially with children. However, some experienced issues with an unprofessional office manager and billing procedures. The majority still found excellent customer service and quality eye care.
- Helpful and responsive staff who work with patients to ensure timely delivery of glasses.
- Thorough and informative eye exams, especially for patients with previous prescription issues.
- Patient and accommodating staff, particularly when dealing with young children during eye exams.
- Professional and pleasant treatment by all staff members, with thorough answers to questions.
- Friendly and helpful staff in the eyewear department, providing excellent service with a smile.
- Clean and welcoming environment, with prompt and efficient appointments.
- Up-to-date techniques in eye care, along with a clean office and friendly staff.
- Personalized and pleasant experience, with a doctor who explains things clearly and addresses all concerns.
- Attentive and efficient support staff, helping patients with everything from eye exams to eyewear selection.
- Personable and knowledgeable doctors, who explain procedures well and provide an overall amazing experience.
Eyes on Rosemont
595 Brighton Ave, Portland, ME 04102
Patients commend Drs. Trish and Johnson at Eyes on Rosemont for their thorough exams and expertise. However, some experienced rude service from the receptionist. Chris Bono draws appreciation for guiding patients to the ideal eyewear with his selection and customer service.
- Knowledgeable and Kind Staff: Reviewers praised the eye doctors at Eyes on Rosemont for their thorough and knowledgeable eye exams, as well as their kind and patient demeanor.
- Helpful and Friendly Front Desk: The front desk staff received positive feedback for their helpfulness in assisting patients with paperwork and providing a welcoming experience.
- Professional and Accommodating Service: Many reviewers appreciated the professional and accommodating service they received, including prompt results, personalized care, and assistance with selecting frames.
Optometric Associates of Southern Maine
35 Barra Rd, Biddeford, ME 04005
The eye care center receives mainly positive reviews for its friendly, professional staff. Patients commend Drs. Eric and Lehouillier for explaining tests and treatments thoroughly. A few negative reviews cite rude office staff and issues with prescriptions and customer service. Overall the center is recommended for its competent doctors and caring support staff.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and welcoming demeanor of the staff, from the front desk to the doctors.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Reviewers praise the doctors for taking the time to explain the tests and findings, as well as providing comprehensive eye care.
- Efficient and quick service: Several reviews mention minimal wait times and efficient checkups, making the overall experience pleasant and convenient.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Maine
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In 2018, a higher percentage of people aged 65 and older in Maine reported being blind or having difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Maine, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Maine
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Maine.
- The In Maine in 2018, the percentage of people who were blind or had difficulty seeing was higher among those with diabetes (7.77%) compared to the overall population (4.43%), indicating that having diabetes increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 3.34%. and In Maine in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was almost double the percentage of people who had difficulty seeing overall, indicating that smoking increases the risk of vision problems by approximately 4.53%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Maine
- In Maine, 4.43% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Maine
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 4.21% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 4.19% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Maine face even higher rates at 5.09%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Maine
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Maine.
- 7.77% of those with diabetes and 8.96% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Maine
- Early vision care is crucial, with 68.09% of children in Maine having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 1.53% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Maine
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 4.43% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Maine.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.