Our Picks for the Best LASIK Surgeon in New Orleans, LA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 113 LASIK Surgeons in New Orleans, LA, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 2787 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in New Orleans.
Ginny Kullman, MD
1514 Jefferson Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70121
Dr. Kullman's patients rave about her patience and expertise as a lasik surgeon. The staff at her office is exceptional, making patients feel comfortable and at ease during surgical procedures. Patients leave feeling confident in their vision and grateful for the care they received.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Kullman and her team.
- She is a great doctor who has a lot of patience.
- The appointment was excellent and she was very thorough in explaining the procedures to be done.
- There is an intense level of care from the Oschner healthcare team which makes patients feel at ease during surgery.
Dr. Henry Haley
4720 S I-10 Service Rd W #406, Metairie, LA 70001
Dr. Henry Haley is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who provides excellent care for his patients. He is always willing to answer any questions that may arise during the process. Patients can trust in the expertise of the doctors at this practice.
- People feel confident in Haley's care.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable.
- His staff is friendly and helpful.
- He has a great bedside manner.
Dr. Joshua M. Groetsch, MD
2800 Veterans Blvd #125, Metairie, LA 70002
Dr. Groetsch is a highly knowledgeable and skilled lasik surgeon with a compassionate bedside manner. He specializes in treating a variety of eye problems and performing surgeries. Patients have referred their friends and family to his practice, and consistently report satisfaction with their experiences.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Grotesch and refer him to their friends. He is very knowledgeable about many different eye diseases and procedures.
- His office is top notch, with a great staff.
Barry Leader, MD
3715 Prytania St ste 250, New Orleans, LA 70115
Dr. Leader at the Lasik surgeon's office is known for his kindness, gentleness, and encouragement. Patients rave about his popularity and the positive experiences they have had with him. You can trust that you will be in good hands with Dr. Leader and his team.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Leader and feel that he is very kind and gentle.
- He is very popular with patients, which may lead to increased referrals.
- He has a lot of experience and seems to be very knowledgeable about his field.
Lanoux Scott D MD
3715 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70115
Dr. Lanoux Scott D is a knowledgeable and professional lasik surgeon who has received high praise from his patients. He is known for his caring demeanor and ability to make patients feel comfortable. Many patients have found him through online reviews or word-of-mouth recommendations.
- People feel very confident in the care they receive from Dr. Lanoux and his team. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable in their field, which makes for a smooth and comfortable experience.
- Dr. Lanoux is very upfront about any potential risks or complications that may arise during surgery, so patients are fully aware of what to expect before going under the knife. This helps to ease any anxiety or fear beforehand.
- The results of cataract surgery performed by Dr. Lanoux have been overwhelmingly positive, with no reported pain or issues following the procedure itself. This speaks volumes about his skill as a surgeon and sets him apart from other doctors in this field.
Metzinger Rebecca C MD
1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112
Metzinger Rebecca C MD is a skilled and knowledgeable lasik surgeon who provides clear explanations of the procedure. Patients feel comfortable and confident in her care, and the office is highly recommended for its exceptional service.
- People feel very comfortable here. They are very professional and do a great job.
- The surgeon is amazing and did an excellent job on my surgery.
- This place is really clean and organized, which makes it easy to feel at ease during your appointment.
Cliff Hendricks, MD
3901 Houma Blvd STE 216, Metairie, LA 70006
Dr. Hendricks at the Lasik surgeon's office is a confident and personable doctor who takes the time to explain things thoroughly. Patients appreciate his sense of humor and leave feeling at ease. The practice is known for its exceptional care and attention to detail.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr. Hendricks and feel like he is taking great care of them.
- He has a high level of confidence which makes him easy to talk to and understand.
- He is also able to make patients laugh, which helps relieve some of the stress they may be feeling during their visit.
Dr. Ronald A. Landry, MD
4324 Veterans Memorial Blvd, Metairie, LA 70006
Dr. Ronald A. Landry, MD is a knowledgeable and attentive lasik surgeon who takes the time to listen to his patients' concerns. Some have noted that he can be pushy, but his expertise and care make him a trusted choice for those seeking vision correction. Patients can feel confident in the quality of care they will receive at this practice.
- People feel confident in the care they receive from Dr. Landry.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in his field, which makes him a trusted source of medical advice.
- His staff is friendly and helpful, making it easy to get in touch with them if you have any questions or concerns.
Southern Retinal Institute
2800 Veterans Memorial Blvd STE 160, Metairie, LA 70002
Southern Retinal Institute boasts a caring and attentive staff who prioritize their patients' needs. Dr. O'Sullivan takes the time to build a rapport with each patient, ensuring they feel comfortable and welcomed during their visit. Patients can trust in the expertise and personalized care provided by this top-rated lasik surgeon's office.
- People feel welcomed and cared for.
- The clinic has great equipment for eye care.
- Dr. O'Sullivan goes above and beyond to ensure that all his patients receive the best possible care.
3434 Prytania St STE 250, New Orleans, LA 70115
Clifford Hendricks is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who simplifies complex concepts for easy understanding. He is patient and takes the time to answer any questions patients may have. Some find him thorough and detail-oriented, while others feel he could allow for more patient input.
- People feel like Clifford Hendricks is a great listener.
- He has a lot of knowledge and experience to share.
- He's very personable and easy to talk to.
- His reviews are always helpful and informative.
Dr. Owen J. LaCour III, MD
3715 Prytania St suite 250, New Orleans, LA 70115
Dr. Owen J. LaCour III, MD is a friendly and helpful lasik surgeon. Patients appreciate his warm demeanor and willingness to answer questions. The office provides a welcoming atmosphere for those seeking vision correction.
- People feel very friendly and welcoming at this clinic.
- The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.
- They have a great selection of medical equipment, which makes it easy to get started.
Dr. Patrick S. O'sullivan, MD
3700 St Charles Ave #5, New Orleans, LA 70115
Dr. Patrick S. O'Sullivan, MD is a compassionate and caring lasik surgeon who goes above and beyond for his patients. He provides his cell phone number for emergencies, demonstrating his dedication to their well-being. Patients can trust that they are in good hands with Dr. O'Sullivan and his team.
- People feel very comfortable talking to Dr. O'sullivan and feel like he truly cares about them as a person, not just as a patient.
- He is very knowledgeable in his field and always has the latest information available to him.
- He is always willing to go above and beyond for his patients, even if it means staying late or coming in on weekends.
- His staff is also very friendly and helpful.
Ayyala Ramesh S MD
1415 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112
Ayyala Ramesh S MD is a skilled lasik surgeon who has successfully performed multiple surgeries on patients with glaucoma. His extensive knowledge of the condition allows him to find effective solutions for any issues that may arise. Patients can trust in the expertise of the doctors at this practice.
- People feel comfortable talking to Dr. Ayyala about their eye health concerns.
- He is highly experienced and knowledgeable in the field of glaucoma care.
- His team is dedicated to providing the best possible care for his patients.
- Dr. Ayyala has a proven track record of success in treating glaucoma patients.
Dr. Joel Jansen
3900 Dublin St, New Orleans, LA 70118
Dr. Jansen is a knowledgeable and experienced lasik surgeon who is easy to talk to and listens well. Patients appreciate his expertise and feel comfortable discussing their concerns with him. The practice provides a welcoming environment for those seeking lasik surgery.
- People feel better after working with Dr. Jansen.
- He is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.
- He is always willing to help out and answer any questions.
- He is a great doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients.
1010 Common, 1010 Common St, New Orleans, LA 70112
The Artificial Eyes at this Lasik surgeon's office are affordable, easy to use, and look natural. However, some patients have expressed concerns about their durability. Despite this, the practice is highly recommended for their quality care and expertise in vision correction.
- People feel more confident when wearing artificial eyes.
- They can be used to cover up any facial flaw.
- They are affordable and easy to replace.
Pulin Shah, MD
2820 Napoleon Ave, New Orleans, LA 70115
Dr. Pulin Shah's attention to detail and professionalism are highly regarded by patients. He ensures that patients are well-informed about their surgery and recovery, and many have experienced improved vision. The practice is known for its exceptional care and expertise in LASIK surgery.
- People feel very comfortable with Dr Shah and his staff.
- He is an amazing doctor who can do a lot of things that other doctors cannot.
- He is highly professional and pays close attention to every detail.
Slidell Eye Specialists
2050 Gause Blvd E STE 150, Slidell, LA 70461
Slidell Eye Specialists exude professionalism and care, making patients feel at ease during their visit. The new location is convenient and patients appreciate the minimal wait time. Trustworthy and reliable, Slidell Eye Specialists are a top choice for LASIK surgery.
- People feel very welcome and comfortable at this clinic.
- The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- The doctors are knowledgeable and seem to genuinely care about their patients.
- This clinic has a great location, making it easy for patients to get appointments.
Greater New Orleans Eye Care Dr. Jeffrey Wilhite and Dr. Tara LeBlanc Wilhite
1670 Barataria Blvd # D, Marrero, LA 70072
Greater New Orleans Eye Care, led by Dr. Jeffrey Wilhite and Dr. Tara LeBlanc Wilhite, provides exceptional care with a friendly and efficient staff. Dr. Wilhite is known for his quick and thorough treatment of large families and children. Patients appreciate the doctors' bedside manner and willingness to explain procedures.
- People feel very friendly and relaxed at the clinic.
- The staff is very helpful and efficient.
- The doctors are thorough and have a great bedside manner.
- Appointments are quick, which is great for busy people.
Eye Laser Institute
4324 Veterns Meml Blvd STE 108, Metairie, LA 70006
Eye Laser Institute is known for its organized and professional approach to eye care. The offices are always clean and well-maintained. While some may find the prices a bit high, the quality of care received is worth it.
- People feel very organized and professional.
- The office is very clean and well-maintained.
- They offer a variety of services, including laser eye surgery.
- The staff is friendly and helpful.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article