Best Eye Doctors In Pineville, LA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Pineville Optometrists in Pineville, Pineville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Pineville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Pineville.
Louisiana Eye & Laser Center – Pineville
65 Medical Park Blvd, Pineville, LA 71360
The eye care center is well-reviewed for its efficient check-in, courteous staff, and comprehensive exams by Dr. Bennett. Patients note the office’s cleanliness and COVID precautions. However, some cite issues with appointments and long waits. Most recommend the center for its quality service and skilled staff.
- Quick check-in and friendly, helpful staff
- Thorough and caring eye exams conducted by Dr. Bennett
- Clean office with practicing social distancing measures
Vision 4 Less
1800 MacArthur Dr Ste E, Alexandria, LA 71301
Vision for Less impressed customers with quick, efficient service like same-day eye exams and glasses within hours. Knowledgeable, friendly staff provided quality care at affordable prices, though one negative review cited rude optometrist office behavior.
- Fast service: Multiple reviewers mentioned that they were able to get their eye exams and pick out glasses quickly, with some receiving their glasses within an hour or less.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Many reviewers commented on the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, specifically mentioning names like Kezzie and Rebecca. They felt valued and respected during their visits and appreciated the personal attention they received.
- Affordable prices and discounts: Several reviewers mentioned that they found the prices at this location to be worth it, with some even mentioning discounts or special offers they received. They appreciated the affordability, especially for those without insurance.
Vision Source Alexandria
5615 Jackson St B, Alexandria, LA 71303
This eye care center receives largely positive feedback for its helpful, friendly staff and thorough, attentive eye exams. One negative review cites an issue with insurance coverage for an appointment, but most reviewers highly recommend this center for eye exams and eyewear, noting good experiences, knowledgeable staff, and a comfortable atmosphere.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, kind, and professional, making the experience pleasant and comfortable.
- Thorough and informative exams: Reviewers mentioned that the eye exams conducted by the doctors at this center were thorough, informative, and took the time to address any concerns or questions. This ensured that patients received exactly what they needed for their eyes.
- Great selection of frames and lens options: Several reviewers noted that this eye care center had a wide variety of frames and lens options to choose from, allowing patients to find the perfect glasses that suited their style and needs.
Harvey Eye Center
2148 N Mall Dr, Alexandria, LA 71301
The reviews for Harvey Eye Center are largely favorable. Customers commend the comprehensive eye exams, professional service, and friendly staff, particularly Dr. Toney Harvey. However, one review cited undisclosed fees. In general, customers strongly endorse Harvey Eye Center for examinations and eyewear.
- Thorough and professional eye exams: Multiple reviews mention that the eye exams at Harvey Eye Center are thorough and detailed, ensuring that patients receive a comprehensive check-up for their vision.
- Excellent customer service and caring staff: The staff at Harvey Eye Center is praised for their friendliness, professionalism, and attentiveness. Patients feel well-cared for and appreciated, with Dr. Toney Harvey specifically highlighted for her kindness and dedication to her patients.
- Wide selection of quality eyeglasses: The eye care center is noted for having a great selection of name brand and quality eyeglasses, providing patients with a range of options to choose from. This allows individuals to find frames that suit their style and preferences.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3770 US-165 Suite J, Pineville, LA 71360
The majority of reviews for this eye care center were positive, with patients praising the friendly, professional staff, and Marcia’s excellent customer service in particular. A few negative reviews stemmed from incorrect orders and unclear contact lens exam fees.
- Friendly and professional staff: Multiple reviewers mentioned the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff members, such as Marcia, Tomeka, Andrea, Christina, and Dr. Bailey. They made customers feel comfortable and welcomed.
- Helpful and accommodating: Reviewers mentioned that the staff, particularly Tomeka and Marcia, were helpful and accommodating, even in situations like arriving late to an appointment or needing emergency contact lenses. They provided excellent customer service and assistance.
- Clean and COVID-safe environment: Despite the pandemic, the eye care center maintained a clean environment with hand sanitizers available, sanitized trays for tried-on glasses, and staff wearing masks. This attention to safety measures was appreciated by the customers.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
2050 N Mall Dr, Alexandria, LA 71301
This eye care center receives mostly positive reviews for their helpful, professional staff and doctors. Patients compliment specific staff like Dr. Long and Erica, and the quality care and service. However, they do not accept Medicaid or affiliate with Walmart, negatively reviewed by one patient.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Reviewers appreciate the nice and helpful staff members who provide excellent customer service and make sure customers are satisfied.
- Professional and efficient service: Patients mention that the entire team, including the doctor, is professional and provides excellent care during their visits. The service is described as efficient and courteous.
301 4th St, Alexandria, LA 71301
The Vitreoretinal Institute in Alexandria provides quality eye care with friendly, accommodating staff. Patients express satisfaction with Dr. Breaud’s 5-year tenure prior to retirement. Dr. Janot’s presence is appreciated. Overall, patients report positive, pleasant experiences.
- Experienced doctors: Multiple reviews mention the expertise and skill of the doctors at the eye care center, such as Dr. Breaud and Dr. Janot.
- Friendly staff: Several reviews highlight the kindness and pleasant attitude of the employees working at the eye care center.
Dr. Brett M Bennett
231 Windermere Blvd, Alexandria, LA 71303
The eye care center employs an optometrist with a strong reputation among patients in the local church community.
- Friendly and trustworthy staff: The fact that the reviewer mentions that the eye care professional goes to their church suggests that he is a stand-up guy, indicating that the staff at the eye care center are likely to be friendly and trustworthy.
Richard M. Walters, OD
231 Windermere Blvd, Alexandria, LA 71303
Customers appreciate the expertise and attentiveness of the eye care center’s doctors, as well as the accuracy of the exams performed. The reviews indicate high satisfaction with the quality of service received from the knowledgeable staff.
- The staff at this eye care center were incredibly knowledgeable and attentive. They took the time to explain each step of my eye exam and answered all of my questions with patience and clarity."
- I was impressed with the state-of-the-art equipment they used for my eye exam. They had the latest technology that allowed for a more accurate and detailed assessment of my eye health."
- The eye care center had a wide selection of glasses and contact lenses to choose from. The staff helped me find a pair of glasses that not only fit well but also suited my style and preferences."
Walmart Vision & Glasses
3636 Monroe Hwy, Pineville, LA 71360
The majority of reviewers praised the eye care center’s professional, helpful, dedicated staff and Dr. Snell’s thorough, informative exams. Many appreciated the Vision Center staff’s assistance, excellent frame selection, quick glasses turnaround, and accommodations for families. However, there were a couple negative reviews mentioning appointment cancellations without notice, a rude manager, and long waits. Overall most reviewers were satisfied and recommend the center.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Reviewers praise the doctors at the eye care center for their thoroughness in conducting eye exams and addressing individual needs.
- Helpful and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff, from assisting with frame selection to dealing with insurance issues. Customers appreciate the attentive and knowledgeable service they receive.
Dr. Patrick R. Redmond, Louisiana Eye and Laser
231 Windermere Blvd, Alexandria, LA 71303
Dr. Redmond and staff receive mainly positive reviews for their professional, friendly service. One patient even called their hour and fifteen minute visit excellent compared to previous experiences. However, one disappointed patient cited a two hour wait for a five minute appointment.
- Efficient patient flow: The eye care center had excellent patient flow, with a visit lasting only an hour and 15 minutes, compared to previous visits.
- Friendly and professional staff: All the staff at the center were described as very friendly and professional, making patients feel welcomed and cared for.
- Highly recommended doctor: Dr. Redmond was praised for his expertise, professionalism, and ability to make patients feel at ease. This makes him a recommended choice for eye care.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Louisiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Louisiana, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Louisiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Louisiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Louisiana.
- The In Louisiana in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.4% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.51% of the general population. and In Louisiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.7%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.51%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.19%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Louisiana
- In Louisiana, 6.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Louisiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.58% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.68% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Louisiana face even higher rates at 9.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Louisiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Louisiana.
- 13.4% of those with diabetes and 10.7% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Louisiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.47% of children in Louisiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Louisiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Louisiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.