Best Eye Doctors In Lafayette, LA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lafayette Optometrists in Lafayette, Lafayette, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lafayette reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Lafayette.
Scott Eye Care
5511 Cameron St, Scott, LA 70583
Scott Eye Care earns rave reviews for knowledgeable, friendly staff and comprehensive exams by Dr. Cazares in modern, clean facilities. Patients cite thorough yet comfortable eye exams and attentive customer service. A few criticisms focus on virtual visits and prescription accuracy, but most recommend Scott Eye Care for a positive eye care experience.
- Knowledgeable and friendly staff: Multiple reviews mention the staff at Scott Eye Care being knowledgeable and friendly. They take the time to explain procedures and make patients feel comfortable during eye exams, especially for children.
- Thorough and efficient exams: Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams at Scott Eye Care. The doctors use modern equipment and techniques to check for various eye conditions. The exams are also described as painless and easy.
- Great customer service: The clinic receives high praise for its excellent customer service. The staff is described as professional, polite, and attentive. Patients feel welcomed and well taken care of throughout their visits.
Desai Eye Care
155 Hospital Dr # 300, Lafayette, LA 70503
Customers appreciate the professionalism and thoroughness of eye exams at this eye care center. Patients report feeling comfortable and well cared for during exams by the knowledgeable staff, especially Dr. Desai. However, one patient cited miscommunication with front desk staff regarding appointments. In general, most customers recommend this clinic for quality eye care.
- The staff is professional and friendly, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for patients.
- The doctors are knowledgeable, thorough, and take the time to explain and address patients' concerns and needs.
- The office is clean and efficiently managed, with short wait times for appointments.
Family Eye Clinic
2041 NW Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette, LA 70501
The eye care center is lauded for friendly, knowledgeable staff, prompt appointments, professionalism and affordable pricing. However, some reviews cite incorrect prescriptions, long waits and poor communication about orders.
- Quick and efficient scheduling of eye exams: Multiple customers mentioned being able to schedule their eye exams quickly and easily, sometimes even within a week of their request.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Several reviews praised the staff as being friendly, patient, and understanding, especially when customers had their children with them during the appointment.
- Good customer service in handling issues: Despite some negative experiences, a couple of reviews highlighted the positive customer service in handling problems and working to rectify issues.
5540 Johnston St #101, Lafayette, LA 70503
Customers recommend Stanton Optical, describing the eye doctors as patient and helpful during exams. Staff are professional and knowledgeable, assisting with contacts and frames in their clean, welcoming office. Specifically, patients compliment Renee and Lemara.
- The staff, particularly Miss Renee, Lemara, and Hailey, are highly praised for their helpfulness, patience, and professionalism throughout the eye exam process.
- The eye care center offers a wide selection of frames and good deals, including BOGOs and insurance discounts. The staff, especially Hailey, goes above and beyond to help customers save money and have a positive experience.
- The location is commended for its clean and welcoming environment, with friendly and kind staff who make customers feel comfortable and relaxed during their eye exams.
Maison Optique Vision Center
3810 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Suite 700, Lafayette, LA 70503
Maison Optique receives excellent reviews for their friendly staff, comprehensive eye exams by Dr. Boudreaux, wide selection of eyewear, and helpful technicians. The majority of customers recommend them despite one complaint about the receptionist and insurance process.
- Friendly and attentive staff: Many reviewers mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were friendly, kind, and attentive. They took the time to listen to patients, explain procedures, and answer their questions.
- Thorough and informative eye exams: Multiple reviewers praised the doctors at this eye care center for their thorough and informative eye exams. They explained the results of various tests and used advanced technology equipment to provide a comprehensive diagnosis.
- Wide selection of frames: Some reviewers appreciated the wide selection of frames available at this eye care center, making it easy for them to find a pair of glasses that suited their style and needs.
101 Saloom Farm Rd Ste 104, Lafayette, LA 70508
The eye care center receives widespread praise for its kind, helpful staff and excellent customer service, with specific recommendations for Dr. Gauthreaux and staff members Monica Eaglin, Leah Mitchell, Jasmine, Jessie, and Courtney. A few negative reviews cite issues with wait times, confusion, and pricing that could be addressed.
- Excellent customer service: The staff at this eye care center is consistently praised for being helpful, kind, and caring. They go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Knowledgeable and patient staff: The eye care center has staff who are patient and understanding, especially when dealing with insurance verification or confusion during the eye exam process. They take the time to address customers' needs and find suitable solutions.
Acadian Vision Associates: W Donner Mizelle OD
225 N College Rd, Lafayette, LA 70506
This eye care center is highly recommended by most patients for its excellent service, comprehensive exams, accommodating staff, knowledgeable doctors, and clean facilities. While some patients have experienced long wait times, the overwhelmingly positive feedback indicates this is a trusted provider of quality eye care.
- Excellent patient service and care.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- Thorough eye exams and detailed explanations.
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
3221 Louisiana Ave Suite 104, Lafayette, LA 70501
This eye care center receives mostly positive feedback for its helpful, professional staff. While a few customers had issues with rushed exams and incorrect prescriptions, most recommend this location, noting its friendly service and staff who provide excellent assistance.
- The staff members at this eye care center are exceptionally nice and helpful, going above and beyond for their patients.
- The customer service and promptness of the eye exams at this location are highly praised.
- Joining the eye care club is recommended, as it provides free eye exams and is highly appreciated by past customers.
1458 S College Rd, Lafayette, LA 70503
Customers give high marks for Dr. Fisher’s comprehensive eye exams and attentive care. His knowledgeable, friendly staff earn appreciation for professionalism and top-notch customer service. Patients recommend the clinic for its skillful expertise in addressing vision issues and providing thoughtful, detailed explanations. Reviews indicate excellent satisfaction with Dr. Fisher and his team.
- Based on the reviews, here are 3 pros for the eye care center:
- Thorough and Comprehensive Exams: Multiple reviews mentioned that they received the most complete and thorough eye exams they have had in years. Dr. Fisher takes his time to explain everything and discusses treatment options in detail.
- Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff: The staff at the eye care center is described as knowledgeable, kind, patient, and professional. They are praised for going above and beyond to explain procedures and changes in the patients' eyes.
- Excellent Doctor-Patient Communication: Dr. Fisher is commended for his excellent communication skills and his ability to make patients feel comfortable and valued. He takes the time to listen to patients' concerns and provide solutions tailored to their needs.
Lafayette Eye Specialists
1245 S College Rd Building 3, Lafayette, LA 70503
Lafayette Eye Specialists patients appreciated the pleasant, efficient staff. Drs. Nwafor and Foreman won praise for professionalism, caring, and attentiveness. The office’s beauty, cleanliness and technology also impressed. Patients strongly recommended the center for conditions like glaucoma, cataracts, and dry eye.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Multiple reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff at the eye care center. They are described as being pleasant, efficient, and making patients feel at home.
- Caring and professional doctors: The doctors at the eye care center are praised for their care and professionalism. They are described as taking the time to listen to patients' concerns, being informative, and ensuring that patients are well taken care of.
- High-quality care and successful surgeries: Several reviews mention successful surgeries for conditions like glaucoma and cataracts. Patients express satisfaction with the results and recommend the eye care center for these needs.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Louisiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Louisiana, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Louisiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Louisiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Louisiana.
- The In Louisiana in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.4% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.51% of the general population. and In Louisiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.7%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.51%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.19%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Louisiana
- In Louisiana, 6.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Louisiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.58% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.68% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Louisiana face even higher rates at 9.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Louisiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Louisiana.
- 13.4% of those with diabetes and 10.7% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Louisiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.47% of children in Louisiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Louisiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Louisiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.