Best Eye Doctors In Houma, LA
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Houma Optometrists in Houma, Houma, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Houma reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best Optometrists in Houma.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
933 Grand Caillou Rd, Houma, LA 70363
Patients consistently compliment the eye care center’s friendly, patient and knowledgeable staff, including Mrs. Alvinl, Dr. HGO, Ms. Alvee and Ms. Diane. They appreciate the thorough eye exam explanations, quick service in a clean office and an enjoyable experience. Many reviewers say they will return and recommend the center for its quality care.
- Friendly and helpful staff: Multiple reviewers mention the staff being friendly and helpful, making the overall experience enjoyable and comfortable.
- Knowledgeable and thorough eye exams: Reviewers highlight the expertise of the eye care professionals, specifically mentioning Dr. HGO and Ms. Alvinl, and praise them for their thoroughness in explaining the process and ensuring understanding.
- Excellent customer service: The customer service receives high praise, with reviewers expressing their gratitude for the patient and polite assistance they received from various staff members, such as Ms. Diane, Danielle, and Alvee.
Seeca Medical, Inc.
249 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
Dr. D and staff at SEECA create a welcoming, attentive environment, with most reviews mentioning successful eye exams and surgeries. One negative review claims an inaccurate eye exam; however, the majority praise positive experiences.
- Dr. D is persistent and determined to help patients pass eye exams, even trying different methods such as hard contacts.
- The clinic provides thorough and clear explanations of eye conditions and treatments, making patients feel confident and satisfied with their visit.
- The staff is friendly, kind, and professional, creating a positive and welcoming environment for patients.
Southern Eye Institute
446 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
The Southern Eye Institute provides professional, knowledgeable, and friendly service from Drs. Kellum and Tran. Patients appreciate the thorough eye exams and efficient organization. Some note the center doesn’t accept vision insurance for glasses. Overall, reviews are positive regarding the excellent care received.
- Doctors are knowledgeable, professional, and provide thorough eye exams.
- The staff is friendly, courteous, and helpful.
- The office is well-organized, with a clear expectation of what to expect during visits.
Walmart Vision & Glasses
1633 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Houma, LA 70360
The eye care center receives excellent reviews for its helpful staff and quality service. Patients commend employee Dariana for professionalism and attentiveness. Customers report friendly, timely care and plan to recommend the center or return themselves.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff: Customers repeatedly mentioned that the staff at this eye care center were very nice, friendly, and knowledgeable. They take the time to answer questions and provide helpful information.
- Excellent customer service: The reviews consistently mentioned the exceptional customer service provided by the staff. Customers felt that their needs were met, and the staff went above and beyond to assist them, even staying after closing to answer questions.
- Professional and detail-oriented: Customers praised specific staff members for their professionalism and attention to detail. They felt that the staff had a wide range of knowledge and provided the best customer service possible.
Keith Kellum, MD
446 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
This eye care center is lauded for thorough, informative eye exams. The professional, caring staff eagerly answers questions. Dr. Kellum draws acclaim for personalized care, especially for those with Glaucoma and diabetes. Patients describe a welcoming atmosphere with efficient, punctual appointments.
- Thorough and attentive eye exams with detailed explanations
- Professional and caring staff that is knowledgeable and informative
- Excellent care and support provided for complex conditions like Glaucoma
1708 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Houma, LA 70360
Stanton Optical customers cited friendly, helpful staff and a wide selection of glasses as benefits. However, some felt pressured to purchase eyewear and questioned telehealth eye exam validity and customer service quality, indicating highly variable individual experiences.
- Efficient and friendly service: Customers appreciated the quick and easy eye exams, friendly staff, and helpful assistance in selecting frames.
- COVID safety measures: Reviewers mentioned that the eye care center had appropriate COVID safety protocols in place, making it a safe environment for their eye exams.
- Affordable prices and deals: Many reviewers mentioned that the eye care center offered great promotions and deals on glasses, making it a budget-friendly option for eye care needs.
130 Enterprise Dr, Houma, LA 70360
Customers spoke highly of the friendly and professional My Eye Dr. staff. Eye doctors were informative and thorough during exams. Frame selection drew praise, with Deena and Wendy lauded for finding perfect pairs. However, one customer noticed a decline in transparency around fees since the transition to My Eye Doctor.
- Fast and efficient service, with quick eye exams and frame selection done within an hour
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff who are patient and helpful in assisting with choosing frames that suit your face shape and budget
- Excellent customer service, with staff taking the time to explain each step to patients, even children, and ensuring their comfort throughout the visit.
Southern Eye Institute
900 Canal Blvd Suite 3, Thibodaux, LA 70301
Dr. Zeringue provides a comfortable, friendly environment where patients feel well-cared for. Her knowledgeable, thorough explanations help patients understand their eye health. With minimal wait times, personalized attention, and professional service, patients appreciate the quality care from Dr. Zeringue and staff.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff - Numerous reviews mention the friendly and knowledgeable staff, making patients feel comfortable and welcome from the moment they enter the office.
- Thorough and professional eye care - Patients appreciate the thoroughness of the eye exams and the professionalism of Dr. Zeringue and her team. They feel well-informed about their results and options.
- Efficient and timely service - Many reviews highlight the lack of wait time and the promptness of the appointments, indicating that the office values their patients' time and strives to provide efficient care.
Dr. Arthur J. Delahoussaye IV, MD
249 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
Dr. D receives consistent positive feedback for his attentive care, expertise diagnosing and treating eye conditions, and clear communication with patients. Multiple reviewers highlight his kind and caring bedside manner. His staff earns high marks for professionalism and accommodating patients.
- Dr. D is highly skilled and knowledgeable, able to diagnose and treat eye issues that other doctors may have missed. He takes the time to explain diagnoses and treatment plans, providing exceptional care to his patients.
- The staff at the eye care center are friendly, professional, and accommodating. They make patients feel welcome and engage in thorough evaluations, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care.
- Dr. D's dedication to his profession and genuine care for his patients are apparent. He displays a humble and humble approach, taking time to get to know his patients and making them feel valued. His passion for providing the best vision possible is evident in his work.
406 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
Eye La receives positive reviews for its friendly, knowledgeable staff, thorough exams using high-tech equipment, extensive eyewear selection, and welcoming atmosphere with local decor. A couple concerns were raised regarding one doctor’s bedside manner and an experience with a receptionist.
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Knowledgeable technicians and doctors
- Advanced technology for eye exams, including telehealth option
Janie Tran, OD
446 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
The eye care center and Dr. Tran receive consistently positive feedback for excellent service and care. Patients describe Dr. Tran as the best, emphasizing his expertise and attentiveness. While a few criticisms exist, most reviews are overwhelmingly positive.
- Highly skilled and exceptional eye doctor (Dr. Tran)
- Consistently provides excellent eye care and eye exams.
Advanced Eye Institute
268 Corporate Dr, Houma, LA 70360
The Advanced Eye Institute receives excellent reviews for their friendly, informative staff, thorough and caring doctors, convenient locations, and on-site med spa with a full-time aesthetician. While mostly positive, a couple less favorable reviews mention appointment availability.
- Friendly and informative staff: Multiple reviews mention that the staff at this eye care center is friendly and helpful, creating a welcoming atmosphere for patients.
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors: Both Dr. Arceneaux and Dr. Stahel are praised for their thoroughness, expertise, and caring approach towards patients. This indicates a high level of professionalism and quality care.
- Convenient locations: Dr. Arceneaux has offices in Thibodaux and Houma, making it convenient for patients in those areas to access top-notch eye care services.
Satish Arora, MD
444a Paddock Ln, Houma, LA 70360
The eye care center has a friendly and professional staff who communicate clearly and explain the process. Dr. Arora’s calm manner, detailed explanations, and teaching ability are appreciated. Many reviewers enthusiastically recommend him and the staff.
- Friendly, kind, and professional staff: Reviewers consistently mention the friendly and professional demeanor of the staff, making the experience pleasant and anxiety-free.
- Excellent communication and explanation: The eye care center excels at communicating with patients, explaining procedures clearly from start to finish, ensuring that patients understand everything that will be done. This helps build trust and confidence in the care received.
- Highly recommended: Multiple reviewers highly recommend Dr. Arora and his staff, indicating their satisfaction with the eye care and eye exams provided.
Choosing the Right Eye Care Provider
The kind of eye doctor you should visit depends on your issues. You may need an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or both.
Optometrists provide primary eye care, including vision tests and prescriptions for glasses and contact lenses. You may also visit an optometrist for eye infections or issues that don’t require surgery.
For more complicated issues, your optometrist can refer you to an ophthalmologist. Ophthalmologists are medical doctors who specialize in eye care. They can treat a broader range of medical conditions.
When choosing an eye care clinic, look for a place that can address your specific needs. You may ask your friends and family for recommendations. Reading reviews online and checking with your insurance company can also help you find the right provider.
Understanding Eye Conditions and Their Treatment
The most common eye problems include refractive errors, age-related macular degeneration, and cataracts. Symptoms of these eye conditions include blurred vision, headaches, and eye strain.
Once you experience severe pain in your eye, it’s important to visit an eye doctor immediately. Other symptoms, such as fever and eye discharge, may indicate a more severe infection. This is why seeking medical attention is essential if you experience these symptoms.
Treatment for eye conditions will vary depending on your symptoms. Eye doctors sometimes collaborate with other specialists to determine the best course of action.
Maintaining Your Vision Health
Proper care and prevention are the best ways to maintain your vision health. Here are some tips on how to ensure that your eyes stay in the best condition possible:
- Protective eyewear. Wearing sunglasses with UV protection outdoors or safety goggles when working with tools can prevent eye damage.
- Proper nutrition. Eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, and E can help you receive the proper nutrients to protect your eyes. Getting enough sleep and limiting alcohol consumption is also part of proper nutrition for eye care.
- Regular breaks from screens. Follow the 20-20-20 rule when working with screens. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage chronic conditions. Chronic conditions like diabetes and hypertension can also affect your eye health. Managing them can help decrease their effects on your eyes.
- Regular eye exams. Visiting your eye doctor regularly can help detect eye problems early on. If needed, they can provide proper treatment immediately to prevent further complications.
Eye Care Insurance and Managing Costs
Insurance companies vary in terms of coverage when it comes to eye care. Vision insurance is usually separate from general health insurance.
You can save money and avoid surprises by consulting your insurance provider regarding coverage. Ask about your coverage for eye examinations, contact lenses or glasses, and other treatments.
If you don’t have insurance, these financing options are available:
Vision Health Trends in Louisiana
- Examining vision health as one ages reveals In Louisiana, a higher percentage of individuals aged 65 and older experienced blindness or difficulty seeing compared to those aged 40-64. in Louisiana, signaling the need for proactive eye care.
Risk Factors Impacting Vision in Louisiana
- A family history of eye issues, diabetes, and alcoholism can all influence vision health in Louisiana.
- The In Louisiana in 2018, people with diabetes had more than twice the risk of vision problems compared to the overall population, with 13.4% of those with diabetes experiencing blindness or difficulty seeing compared to 6.51% of the general population. and In Louisiana in 2018, the percentage of people who smoked tobacco and had difficulty seeing was higher (10.7%) than the overall percentage of people who had difficulty seeing (6.51%), indicating that smoking may increase the risk of vision problems in that state by approximately 4.19%. statistics underscore the impact of these factors on vision health.
Vision Impairment Statistics in Louisiana
- In Louisiana, 6.51% of individuals report significant vision impairment, with specific age groups reporting varying degrees of difficulty.
Age-Specific Vision Challenges in Louisiana
- Amongst those aged 18 to 39, 3.58% experience vision difficulties.
- The percentage increases to 7.68% in the 40-64 age range.
- Seniors over 65 in Louisiana face even higher rates at 9.88%.
Addressing Vision Health Beyond Age in Louisiana
- Other factors such as diabetes and smoking contribute to vision impairment in Louisiana.
- 13.4% of those with diabetes and 10.7% of smokers report difficulty seeing.
Children's Vision Health in Louisiana
- Early vision care is crucial, with 69.47% of children in Louisiana having had their vision tested.
- Of those, 2.94% report vision problems, emphasizing the need for early detection and care.
Proactive Vision Health Measures in Louisiana
- Regular eye exams and UV protection are essential, especially considering the 6.51% of the population with vision impairment.
- A healthy diet, smoking cessation, and regular breaks from screens contribute to better vision health, which can help mitigate the statistics on vision impairment in Louisiana.
Proper vision care is crucial for people of all ages. Your treatment will vary depending on your condition and issues. Finding the right eye care provider can help you receive the necessary treatment and care.
- "Common Eye Disorders and Diseases." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- “Finding an Eye Doctor | National Eye Institute.” National Eye Institute.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FastStats - Health Insurance Coverage.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020.
- "Healthy Vision Tips." National Eye Institute.
- “Optometry.” UC Davis, 2017.