Best LASIK Surgeon In Louisville, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Louisville LASIK Surgeons in Louisville, Louisville, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Louisville reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Louisville.
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Patients report an extremely positive experience with this lasik surgeon’s practice. Patients describe the staff as welcoming, helpful and calming during the brief, relatively painless procedure. Most patients achieve improved vision rapidly after surgery. Former glasses and contact lens wearers are now enjoying life-changing results. The staff’s caring approach puts patients at ease through the entire process. Strongly recommended by patients who have undergone the procedure.
- Efficient and painless procedure
- Kind and personable surgeon and staff
- Quick and professional service, with excellent results and helpful communication throughout the process
8930 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Patients consistently describe extremely positive experiences at this lasik surgeon practice, highlighting the welcoming and professional staff, quick and painless procedure enabling clear vision soon after surgery, and attentive doctors praised for their caring bedside manner. Patients recommend this practice for those considering lasik.
- The staff is friendly, professional, and informative, making patients feel at ease during the entire process.
- The procedure is quick, painless, and effective, with many patients reporting almost immediate results.
- Patients receive thorough follow-up care and support, and the surgeons check up on their patients after the procedure to ensure a successful outcome.
The Eye Care Institute
1536 Story Ave, Louisville, KY 40206
Patients strongly recommend the Eye Care Institute’s knowledgeable, professional, and caring doctors, including Dr. Greene, Dr. Meyer, Dr. Pattar, and Dr. Ebelhar. The friendly, helpful, and efficient staff and clean, well-equipped facility also receive high marks. The institute provides comprehensive eye care, specializing in LASIK and treatments for conditions like glaucoma and cataracts, with a focus on patient-centered care. While one patient had a negative staff experience, most appreciate the excellent patient care.
- Highly personable, professional, and polite staff, including Dr. Greene, Dr. Pattar, Dr. Ebelhar, and Dr. Meyer.
- Excellent care and thorough eye examination, including efficient and top-notch eye surgery, cataract surgery, and PRK/LASIK.
- Knowledgeable, caring, patient, and trustworthy doctors and staff who are great at explaining diagnoses and answering questions, as well as accommodating and understanding of patients' needs and concerns.
TLC Laser Eye Centers
5875 Castle Crk Pkwy Dr N Suite 136, Indianapolis, IN 46250
Current Specials: Free LASIK Consultation
TLC Laser Eye Centers patients describe friendly, helpful staff and an overall quick and painless lasik experience. Patients receive same-day appointments and report knowledgeable doctors who thoroughly explain the procedure. Many describe life-changing vision improvements with little discomfort during or after surgery.
- The staff is friendly, thorough and informative, making patients feel comfortable throughout the LASIK journey.
- Procedures are quick and painless, and recovery time is swift, with many patients reporting 20/20 vision the day after the procedure.
- Cost is affordable and financing options are available, making LASIK accessible to common folks who have been using glasses for years, which get a life-changing experience of being glasses-free.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6420 New Dutchmans Pkwy Ste. 185, Louisville, KY 40205
Current Specials: FREE LASIK Consultation
The Lasik surgeon practice has received highly favorable reviews from patients highlighting the friendly staff, fast procedure, and transformative visual outcomes. While a couple patients cited continued vision issues or cost regrets, the overwhelming majority reported complete satisfaction and enthusiastically recommended the practice.
- Friendly and professional staff that make patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
- Fast and efficient service with quick turn-around times, including 24-hour turn around time for eligible patients.
- Excellent post-operative care and overall high success rate with patients experiencing improved vision in a short amount of time.
Elite LASIK & Cataract
8500 Keystone Crossing Suite 150, Indianapolis, IN 46240
Current Specials: free consultation
Elite Lasik is highly recommended by patients for their friendly staff, excellent vision results, and knowledgeable doctors who provide compassionate care. Many patients wish they had undergone the procedures sooner and felt comfortable throughout the process. While overwhelmingly positive, a small minority did report some dissatisfaction.
- Friendly and professional staff, making patients feel at ease throughout the process.
- Excellent results, with many reviewers reporting 20/20 or even better vision post-surgery.
- Knowledgeable and compassionate doctors who take the time to explain the procedure and answer any questions or concerns.
John Kenyon Eye Center
1305 Wall St, Jeffersonville, IN 47130
Patients reported high satisfaction with their care from the knowledgeable and professional doctors at John Kenyon Eye Center. The friendly staff took time to thoroughly answer all questions. Patients experienced successful surgeries and significant vision improvement.
- Polite, courteous, and professional staff
- Thorough and knowledgeable doctors that explain procedures and answer questions
- Successful surgeries with restored vision, including LASIK, cataract surgery, and eye infection treatment
Clariti Advanced Vision Correction
481 S Landmark Ave, Bloomington, IN 47403
The Clariti Eye Center provides experienced, professional care for a variety of vision conditions. Dr. Fornefeld and his staff are known for their expertise in procedures like ICL and LASIK, successfully treating issues ranging from cataracts to astigmatism. Patients appreciate the clinic’s quick service, relaxing atmosphere, and attentive staff.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced surgeon who takes the time to answer all questions and explain procedures thoroughly.
- Excellent customer service and friendly, caring staff who make patients feel comfortable and at-ease throughout the process.
- High success rate for a variety of procedures, including LASIK, ICL, and cataract surgery, resulting in improved vision and quality of life for patients.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6420 New Dutchmans Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40205
Current Specials: free consultation
The LASIK Vision Institute is highly regarded for their professional, transparent service and impressive surgical results that can enhance clients’ vision and quality of life. Knowledgeable staff address all questions and provide trusted guidance throughout the quick, painless procedure and meticulous follow-up care.
- Accommodating and professional staff that answer all questions and are transparent about the entire LASIK process.
- Short turn around time on surgery with great customer service for both LASIK and PRK.
- Reasonably priced LASIK surgeries, including Groupon options for both eyes, and the option to add features such as eye plugs and scubbing the cornea of bacteria. Also, staff are knowledgeable and make the surgery seem like a routine procedure.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.