Best LASIK Surgeon In Lexington, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed 115 LASIK Surgeons in Lexington, KY, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze 6098 reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Lexington.
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Patients consistently praised Dr. Marino and the staff at LasikPlus in Cincinnati for being friendly, reassuring, and professional. Most remark on the ease and speed of the process, often being able to schedule surgery within days of their consultation. Many express happiness with the results of their surgery, experiencing 20/20 or better vision. Some say they regret waiting so long to have the procedure done, and they would highly recommend this practice to anyone considering Lasik.
- Efficient, painless, and quick procedure
- Kind, personable and knowledgeable doctor and staff
- Clear, immediate, and life-changing results
The Eye Care Institute
1536 Story Ave, Louisville, KY 40206
The Eye Care Institute has a highly professional and friendly staff, with doctors who are knowledgeable and caring. Patients have had successful cataract and LASIK surgeries with little to no pain. The practice is efficient and thorough in its exams, with a focus on personalized care. Some reviewers had negative experiences with wait times or specific staff members, but overall patients highly recommend the Eye Care Institute for all eye care needs.
- The doctors are highly skilled and professional, providing excellent care.
- The staff is friendly and efficient, making the entire experience seamless.
- Patients feel well-informed and cared for, with personalized attention from doctors and staff alike.
Commonwealth Eye Surgery
2353 Alexandria Dr #350, Lexington, KY 40504
The positive reviews for the lasik surgeon practice, Commonwealth Eye Surgery, praise the staff for their professionalism, kindness, and efficiency. Patients report successful surgeries and improved vision, as well as feeling well informed and at ease throughout the process. The surgeons and staff receive high recommendations from satisfied patients who say they would return and recommend to others.
- Highly professional and organized practice, with skilled surgeons and staff.
- Great experience with Lasik surgeries and other eye surgeries, with many patients experiencing excellent results.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and caring staff who take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
6470 Centerville Business Pkwy, Centerville, OH 45459
The Lasik Plus practice has a friendly and knowledgeable staff, quick and painless procedures, and impressive results. Many reviewers express their gratitude for having 20/20 vision after the surgery with no complications. The Lasik Plus practice is praised for its top-notch service and use of the latest technology. Some reviewers mention experiencing discomfort during or after the procedure, but it was bearable, and recovery was faster than expected. Overall, reviewers highly recommend Lasik Plus for anyone considering Lasik surgery.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and informative staff
- Excellent post-op care instructions and support
4040 Dutchmans Ln, Louisville, KY 40207
Greenberg LASIK is highly recommended with positive reviews praising Dr. Greenberg and his "fantastic" staff. Patients describe the staff as "friendly, professional, and informative" and express satisfaction with the results of their surgery, with many achieving 20/15 vision. The process is described as painless, easy, quick, and life-changing with patients regretting not having done it sooner. Some patients even rate it as the best decision of their life. Some negative reviews criticize the pricing and financing options. However, the majority of the reviews recommend Greenberg LASIK for those looking for a life-changing LASIK surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure that results in improved vision, often better than 20/20.
- Dr. Greenberg is a fantastic surgeon who is knowledgeable, informative, and talks patients through every step of the surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6420 New Dutchmans Pkwy Ste. 185, Louisville, KY 40205
Patients have had a great experience at this Lasik surgeon practice, with many recommending it to others. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional, and they were able to answer all questions and ease nerves. Some were able to see results as quickly as the day of the procedure and have achieved 20/20 vision or better. The process was overall quick and painless with many expressing happiness with their decision to undergo Lasik surgery.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Quick and painless procedures with fast results.
- Excellent customer service and patient care, with staff who are helpful, friendly, and professional.
2720 Old Rosebud Rd UNIT 110, Lexington, KY 40509
Abell Eyes has been highly recommended for their eye care services and professionalism. Many patients have had successful cataract surgeries performed by Dr. Tanner and Dr. Giltner. The staff at Abell Eyes are described as friendly and knowledgeable. Patients are grateful for the improved vision and attentive care provided by Abell Eyes.
- Excellent results from cataract surgery and other eye procedures performed by Dr. Giltner and Dr. Tanner
- Professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff
- Patient-focused care with personalized attention and detailed explanations of procedures
Dr. Vincent J. Marino, DO
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Patients praise Dr. Marino and his team for their life-changing work. Many appreciate the courteous and informative staff, recommending them highly to others. Those who received successful LASIK surgery report outstanding vision results, with some having no issues for years after their procedure.
- The surgeon and the team have changed many people's lives with successful procedures, giving patients 20/20 vision or better.
- The team is incredibly friendly, helpful, and patient, making patients comfortable and answering all questions.
- The procedure is quick, painless, and simple, with transparent explanations, and patients report life-changing results and an end to wearing contacts or glasses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.
In this article