Best LASIK Surgeon In Lexington, KY
Why trust us?
VisionCenter is committed to connecting patients to the best local healthcare providers. We reviewed Lexington LASIK Surgeons in Lexington, Lexington, and chose this list based on their:
- Qualifications and education
- Years of experience
- Reputation and resources
- Past customer experiences
We used AI technology to analyze Lexington reviews from Google, Yelp, and Facebook to find patients' favorite surgeons in the area. Our team then went through and hand picked our list of the best LASIK surgeon in Lexington.
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Current Specials: FREE consultation
Patients visiting Dr. Marino at LasikPlus Cincinnati describe a welcoming experience. Staff earn high marks for friendliness and professionalism. The process moves quickly from consultation to surgery, with appointments often available within days. Many patients achieve 20/20 or better vision and are pleased with their results. Some regret postponing the procedure. Patients consistently recommend Dr. Marino to those considering Lasik eye surgery.
- Efficient, painless, and quick procedure
- Kind, personable and knowledgeable doctor and staff
- Clear, immediate, and life-changing results
The Eye Care Institute
1536 Story Ave, Louisville, KY 40206
The Eye Care Institute provides knowledgeable, caring doctors and a professional, friendly staff. Patients report successful cataract and LASIK surgeries with minimal pain. Thorough exams and personalized care are hallmarks. While some negative reviews mention wait times and staff issues, most patients recommend the Institute.
- The doctors are highly skilled and professional, providing excellent care.
- The staff is friendly and efficient, making the entire experience seamless.
- Patients feel well-informed and cared for, with personalized attention from doctors and staff alike.
Commonwealth Eye Surgery
2353 Alexandria Dr #350, Lexington, KY 40504
Current Specials: Free LASIK
Patients report that the professional and kind staff at Commonwealth Eye Surgery provide an efficient and informative lasik surgery experience. Patients describe successful procedures, improved vision, and satisfaction with surgeon expertise. Many happy patients recommend this practice.
- Highly professional and organized practice, with skilled surgeons and staff.
- Great experience with Lasik surgeries and other eye surgeries, with many patients experiencing excellent results.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and caring staff who take the time to explain procedures and answer questions, making patients feel comfortable throughout the entire process.
6470 Centerville Business Pkwy, Centerville, OH 45459
Current Specials: Free Consultation
Lasik Plus patients report an experienced staff, quick procedures, and impressive results. While some mention temporary discomfort, most achieve 20/20 vision without complications. Patients recommend Lasik Plus for their excellent service and advanced technology.
- Quick and painless procedure
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and informative staff
- Excellent post-op care instructions and support
4040 Dutchmans Ln, Louisville, KY 40207
Current Specials: free LASIK consultation
Greenberg LASIK patients praise Dr. Greenberg and his staff as friendly, professional, and informative. Most report 20/15 vision from a quick, easy, painless, life-changing process. Some criticize pricing, but the majority recommend Greenberg LASIK for those seeking transformative laser eye surgery.
- Professional and friendly staff who make patients feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process.
- Quick and painless procedure that results in improved vision, often better than 20/20.
- Dr. Greenberg is a fantastic surgeon who is knowledgeable, informative, and talks patients through every step of the surgery.
The LASIK Vision Institute
6420 New Dutchmans Pkwy Ste. 185, Louisville, KY 40205
Current Specials: FREE Consultation
Patients consistently describe this Lasik practice’s knowledgeable staff and their ability to thoroughly explain the procedure and create a comfortable environment. Many patients achieve 20/20 vision or better and see results quickly, even the day of the procedure. Overall, the process is depicted as quick and painless.
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable doctors and staff.
- Quick and painless procedures with fast results.
- Excellent customer service and patient care, with staff who are helpful, friendly, and professional.
2720 Old Rosebud Rd UNIT 110, Lexington, KY 40509
Current Specials: FREE LASIK CONSULTATIONS
Abell Eyes patients report satisfactory experiences with cataract surgeries by Dr. Tanner and Dr. Giltner. Patients describe the staff as friendly and knowledgeable. Many feel their vision has improved thanks to the attentive care received.
- Excellent results from cataract surgery and other eye procedures performed by Dr. Giltner and Dr. Tanner
- Professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable staff
- Patient-focused care with personalized attention and detailed explanations of procedures
Dr. Vincent J. Marino, DO
7840 Montgomery Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45236
Current Specials: Save $1000 On LASIK
Dr. Marino’s patients describe the transformative impact of his LASIK procedures. His courteous, informative staff receive consistent compliments. Patients reporting successful surgeries praise exceptional vision results, with many seeing clearly for years after their procedures.
- The surgeon and the team have changed many people's lives with successful procedures, giving patients 20/20 vision or better.
- The team is incredibly friendly, helpful, and patient, making patients comfortable and answering all questions.
- The procedure is quick, painless, and simple, with transparent explanations, and patients report life-changing results and an end to wearing contacts or glasses.
Is LASIK Safe?
LASIK eye surgery is safe. Thanks to the advancement in technology, serious complications are rare. The general complication rates of LASIK are between 1 and 1.8%.
What Makes a Good LASIK Candidate?
A person is a good candidate for LASIK if:
- They do not have any active eye infections, inflammations, or abrasions
- They do not have dry eyes
- They do not have any kind of eye disease that affects the cornea
- They have a prescription of -11.00 diopters of nearsightedness, +5.00 diopters of farsightedness, or 5.00 diopters of astigmatism
- Their corneal tissue is thick enough
- They are at least 18 years old
- Their vision has been stable for 1 to 2 years
- They have realistic expectations going into the surgery
Other Types of Eye Surgery
LASIK is not the only type of eye surgery you can get. Other types include:
PRK stands for photorefractive keratectomy. It’s another type of laser eye surgery that can correct:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (irregularly shaped cornea)
- Presbyopia (age-related farsightedness)
The procedure involves removing the outer surface of the cornea. A surgeon uses an ultraviolet (excimer) laser to reshape the cornea.
Surgeons recommend PRK if a person isn’t a good candidate for LASIK. Its recovery time is slightly longer than LASIK, although they both achieve the same goal.
Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)
RLE is another type of eye surgery that corrects the same problems LASIK can. It involves removing a person’s natural lens, which is then replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL).
Candidates for RLE include:
- Those over the age of 40
- Those with refractive errors
- Those who are not candidates for LASIK
- Those who don’t want to use reading glasses or contact lenses
- Those who have early cataracts
The only way to remove cataracts is through surgery. There are two types of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification procedure
- Laser cataract procedure
Phacoemulsification involves liquifying the cataract lens using ultrasound waves. The surgeon suctions the natural lens and replaces it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL).
Laser cataract surgery involves using lasers to make precise incisions in the cornea. The surgeon then suctions out the natural lens in fragments.
Collagen Cross-Linking (CXL) for Keratoconus
Collagen cross-linking is a new surgical technique to treat keratoconus. It involves using special eye drops and ultraviolet light to strengthen the cornea’s collagen fibers.
The goal of this procedure is to prevent the progression of keratoconus. When the collagen fibers grow stronger, they stabilize the corneal tissue. It can also reduce or eliminate the need for a transplant.
Lifestyle lenses are also referred to as premium lenses. They are often used during cataract surgery when the natural lens is removed and replaced with artificial ones, the lifestyle lenses.
These lenses can also correct other eye problems, including:
Intacs® Corneal Implants for Keratoconus
Intacs® are also called intracorneal ring segments (ICRS). They’re thin, crescent-shaped rings made with biocompatible plastic material. It’s the same material used for IOLs.
Intacs® are inserted into the cornea to restore its normal shape. It can treat refractive errors and keratoconus.
Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS) treats glaucoma using small incisions and microscopic equipment. This kind of technology reduces risks during surgery.